PDA

View Full Version : ~*~*~*Dining- BEST Wishes Fireworks?!

dmrs0
05-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi, guys!

I have been searching and searching for where I should make reservations for dinner, so as to watch fireworks AFTER we eat??

I'm looking for which has the *BIGGEST* views of the fireworks.
1900 Park Fare, Contemporary or beach in 'Ohana??

Thanks!

Strmchsr
05-24-2011, 01:23 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! Since you're new to the site and Disney, be sure to read through Info Central where you'll get a ton of great information.

The views of Wishes can vary. Do you want it with or without the music? 1900 Park Fare I'm not sure has a very good view of Wishes. I've never watched from there, but just considering the angle I don't think it would be good. Going to the Poly beach is VERY popular. It's a good view, but it can be crowded. Contemporary gives a good view from the California Grill. That's a great place to eat if seeing Wishes is am important part of the dining experience for you.

SBETigg
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
If I understand your question, you want to watch fireworks after you eat, not find a place where you can dine and watch fireworks simultaneously? If that is the case, the Polynesian beach has the most panoramic, straight on view of the fireworks-- but it is crowded near the pool, where the sound is piped in. Not as crowded down the beach. Benefit: the Electric Water Pageant stops here first and it's great to catch that, too. Any of the Polynesian restaurants are good choices for this, pre-show. ('Ohana, Kona, or quick service from Captain Cook's). If you want a view while you eat, 'Ohana (but not the best view from here, and only if you can get a window seat).

The marina at the Grand Floridian is also a nice viewing area. There's a straight on view of the castle, but the fireworks are slightly off to the side. Also, some tree obstruction of the lower fireworks. Still, a good space to watch (and I don't mean at the Boat Launch area where so many people gather to view-- there's some more pronounced tree obstruction of the lower-lying fireworks there). Any of the GF restaurants are good choices for this, pre-show, with the exception of Victoria and Albert's, which might keep you dining through the fireworks time. Narcoossee's, 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Grand Floridian Cafe, Gasparilla Grill quick service. If you want a view while you eat, Narcoossee's and Citricos (but only decent viewing from select tables and some obstruction).

The California Grill at the Contemporary offers observation decks. You can leave your meal (covered) and go watch, or finish your meal and come back for it or stick around if directly after dining. This is the best view if you enjoy seeing them from an elevated vantage point over the MK, and slightly off to the side. Some tables have great views and you won't even have to move.

gerald72
05-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Good info

DAWS
05-24-2011, 08:45 PM
To watch the fireworks, we have three favorites:

1. California Grill at the Contemporary - the view simply can't be beat, and they pipe the music into the restaurant.

2. The beach at the Polynesian (except it is usually hard to hear the music); the atmosphere is really festive.

3. The deck outside of Narcoosees.

Have fun!!!