PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Joplin, Missouri

princessgirls
05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Tuesday May 24th...special request

Please remember the people of Joplin Missouri. From the various news reports coming out of the area, the area has been devastated.

People are dead, missing, hurt, and have lost all of their possessions, which can be replaced. It's the people who lost their lives that is truly tragic.

Although I don't know anyone from that area, I feel compelled to reach out and do something.
I'm sure the Red Cross is there and working, so donations to that fine organization will be put to good use.
It is so sad and tragic. I honestly can't imagine...
Julie

SBETigg
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
The wife of one of our dear friends lives there-- she was getting settled near her twin sister there while he stayed here to sell their house. She's fine, but her niece works at St. John's Hospital. They had to dig her out of the rubble, and she is fine now, too, but lost everything. No house, no belongings. I can't even imagine the devastation. Praying for them all!

laprana
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
That area is a few hours from where I am in Southern IL and the news has been covering the devastation there non-stop. The damage is just unreal. It looks like a nuclear bomb went off. I'm sure the videos and pictures we're seeing on TV don't do the real thing justice, but it just looks absolutely horrific. I can't imagine what those people are going through. There was a story on the news yesterday about a woman who had been in WDW and came home to find her house destroyed and that her grandmother had been killed. So, so sad. My heart and prayers go out to all the people in that area.

I'm getting pretty worried for our area now, too, because the system that hit Joplin is supposed to start moving today and tomorrow and it's looking like it will hit St. Louis tomorrow evening. I'm praying very, very hard that it's not the same devastating system when it gets here. :(

SBETigg
05-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm praying very, very hard that it's not the same devastating system when it gets here. :(

The violent weather is frightening and I am praying, too, that we don't see more loss and devastation in other areas. Best wishes to you.

laprana
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM
The violent weather is frightening and I am praying, too, that we don't see more loss and devastation in other areas. Best wishes to you.

Thanks so much. :hug: I think everyone in the Midwest and southern Midwest areas could use just about all the prayers we can get right now with all the bad weather we've been having! :rain:

meldan98
05-24-2011, 06:53 PM
They will be in our thoughts and prayers. A friend ours is just outside of Joplin and thankfully they suffered minor damage.

DaisyGirl
05-24-2011, 08:18 PM
I live 15 minutes from Joplin and its a warzone. I actually lived there for nine years so when I watch the news and see the pictures I am in shock, I could not even begin to imagine what they went trrough and still are going through. Please keep the residents of Joplin in your prayers. We are in for another round of very serious weather tonight.

meldan98
05-27-2011, 02:10 PM
How awful, I just saw on another Disney message board that a couple from Joplin that were frequent posters died during the tornado.