PDA

View Full Version : First June trip, any tips?

ChewyStriker
05-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Well, lo and behold, my baby is now a kindergartener, so we are relegated to summer or school vacation trips, so we are heading to the world for our first-ever June trip, 21-24 at POR. We do not have hoppers, so we are avoiding EMH parks and instead, doing AK on Tuesday, MK on Wednesday and Epcot on Thursday, thinking that since we have to drop one park HS would be the best choice. My son is 6 and we last visited when he turned 4. We're bringing along a friend and her daughter, who is 5. They will be making their first visit and first airplane ride to boot!:mickey:

wdwfansince75
05-23-2011, 09:19 PM
On our first visit, kids were 10, 7, and 5...and most trips since then have included kids in that age range...Lots of experience with June/July trips...

Primary recommendations...
1. Start early....be at the gate at opening.
2. On short trip, with younger children, consider skipping EPCOT...long walks, few real kids rides...Do DHS instead ...especially Stars Tours, Muppets, TSMM, Beauty, Little Mermaid, even Indy show...
3. Do MK first day...hold AK to last day...or skip AK as well, and use last day to re-do MK...MK is not really a one day park...
4. Consider a least one character meal...Our favorites include Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Donald's Breakfast Safari...be at a park at opening, do fantasyland rides before crowds build up, then have a late character meal...stock up on Fast Passes before your meal...shop after meal, to let the meal settle, then use fast passes (picking up more as you are able)...with only three days, plan your Must Do's carefully.
5. Watch the kids in the heat...hydrate and sun block...lots of places in the parks to get out of the sun, but most of AK is outdoors...

Silver_Surfer
05-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Wear a bright RED shirt so you're easy to be seen!:secret:

minnie-mouse
06-02-2011, 11:57 AM
You might want to consider renting a stroller buggy for your 6 yr old as well. Have fun!

Tink#64
06-03-2011, 09:00 PM
We took our DS's for our first ever trip when they were 4 & 6! I hadn't planned on Epcot, but DS 6 & DH convinced me to include Epcot,since that 1st trip my DS' love Epcot WS! DHS is the favored park of both DS's. AK is our least favorite park! Most spread out, the most walking & always seems to be the hottest park of all!

Our first trip we did 4 park in 4 days, we didn't take breaks & we left absolutely exhausted! After that trip, now we always go for a week, so we're not so rushed & we take a few hours break midday everyday! We go back to the resort & enjoy the pool for awhile, usually grab dinner at the food court before heading back to the park, refreshed & ready for our evening.

You could look at some videos on YouTube to see the various attractions & shows & parks & get an idea what you think you'd most enjoy! Everyone's different and if you do your homework you'll figure out what would make your visit magical for you all! Sending you some :pixie: for a great trip! :tink: