PDA

View Full Version : How late does transportation run?

TheVBs
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I think I remember reading the buses and boats run for 2 hours after park closings. Is that correct?

crltkcagle
05-23-2011, 04:15 PM
That is correct! However I think its different during EMH. That part I can't remember.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Yes, a couple of hours after closing is normal. However, you won't get stranded at a park, they will keep running busses until everyone is home.

Imagineer1981
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Usually the bus driver will tell you when the last bus leaves, but don't worry, you'll always get back to your resort

MickeysBestPal
05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I think I remember reading the buses and boats run for 2 hours after park closings. Is that correct?

The buses will continue to run until all guests have left the park.

But, the boats will stop running much earlier.
(Rule-of-thumb is that they'll stop running approx. one hour after the park's closing time, give or take.)

The boats are usually the last to begin running in the mornings, and the first to stop running at night.

In general-

The buses begin running about 6:30 AM every day (sometimes earlier.)

Not long after, the monorails will begin rolling
(first, the Resort monorail, then MK Express and the Epcot Loop will begin.)

Thirdly, the boats will begin their operations.

At night, just reverse that order for the end of the runs.

TheVBs
05-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the responses! :mickey:

We're leaving MK on a Halloween party night to go over to FW for the Haunted Carriage ride. Our ride is scheduled for an hour after the park closes to the general public, but since the party is that night, will the boats keep running until the party ends? Just want to anticipate the best way to get back to our resort after our carriage ride.

MickeysBestPal
05-24-2011, 03:50 PM
We're leaving MK on a Halloween party night to go over to FW for the Haunted Carriage ride.
Our ride is scheduled for an hour after the park closes to the general public, but since the party is that night,

will the boats keep running until the party ends?

They should.

If not, they will provide special buses to service the party.

ransam
05-25-2011, 12:16 AM
My buddy and i were at the boardwalk one year watching a monday night football game. we sat outside for a while,and realized the buses had stopped. one of the employees made a call and a bus actually came and made a special trip just to pick us up.
You won't get stranded...love that disney customer service.

Suzi Q
05-31-2011, 06:16 PM
We had a late dinner at the Wave at the Contemporary...hopped the monorail to TTC thinking we'd catch a bus to anything that was still open and then to our resort and realized all the parks were closed! Luckily there was a cast member in the booth who pointed us to a bus pulling up and told us to ask the driver to drop us off at Pop - and a bunch of others ran up asking the same thing, ended up having about 10 or 15 of us all from Pop Century needing a ride! What was funny was that my husband was flipping out - we're stranded - I told him to relax, Disney'll take care of us!