PDA

View Full Version : Lunch @ Captain Cook's @ Poly?

tdk316
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
We're staying at BLT and will already be eating at the CS there, is it worth it to leave MK to eat at Captain Cook's just for a change?

It'll be me (mom), two grandparents and two kids under the age of five. The in-laws probably haven't ever seen the Poly or been on the boats but both of my kids have. The kids go down for a nap after lunch so we won't have to worry about going back to MK, we'll just take the monorail back to BLT. Thoughts? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2011, 04:24 PM
If you are leaving the MK after lunch anyways (for the nap), I think it is neat to have lunch at the Poly on your way.

We ate at Captain Cook's on our last trip, just for a change, and it was better than what we found in the park (and MUCH quieter), and we had a good time looking around the Poly before heading over to the MK.

It isn't anything super-special though, but we enjoyed it. :eat:

Melanie
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
And you can get a Dole Whip there! :papple:

We eat at Captain Cook's every once in a while. They have a barbeque sandwich there that is really good. And we enjoy the outside tables.

I say go for it!

CleveRocks
05-24-2011, 08:29 AM
The flatbreads are yummy. I know it's just a fancy way of saying "pizza," but they have some surprisingly interesting topping combinations.

mouseketeer mom
05-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes.
Totally worth the monorail ride.
The pulled pork sandwich with Aloha slaw is soooo good., the flatbreads and noodle bowls delicious. This is a notch up from most other counter services. The outside tables are shaded by palm trees and there are always ducks walking around. The Hawaian music plays and as another poster said, a dole whip is available after lunch! Can't beat that!!