PDA

View Full Version : Scenario for changed dates

Sunshine1010
05-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Soooooo, my reservation is made via Magical Journeys. I have my ADR's made.

Now....what if, Juuuuuust what if, I need to change my date by just a few days before or after (to accommodate a discount or some type).

- Will Magical Journeys give me a new reservation number?
- If so, does that mean that all my ADR's under the old number would be cancelled?

I ask because my reservation starts on November 11. Veteran's Day. I looked at last year's date for the free dining and it shows that it started the day AFTER Veteran's Day. So, I'm assuming I will maaaaybe have to change my dates to be able to get it (IF they have the free promotion again)

Sunshine1010
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
By the way...I've called the Dining Reservation Line who said they didn't know the answer. They told me to call the Internet Technical Support Center (since half my reservations were done online), and they said they didn't know either.

Ugh.....

Strmchsr
05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
I've had to cancel one room reservation and make a new one before. Didn't cancel my ADRs. I went in to cancel those automatically. So, you shouldn't lose the ones you've already made. You just will have to make new ones to cover your new days and cancel the old ones that no longer apply.

Sunshine1010
05-23-2011, 03:43 PM
So, the ones I made online....that require you to put in the confirmation number....won't be erased as soon as that confirmation is cancelled via Magical Journeys?

lynnek
05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
We have booked the same time frame as you and through Magical Journeys:) We were there last yr and arrived the day after Veteran's Day--which was a Friday. Because Veteran's Day falls on a Friday this year, it could make it different as well. I just gave Deb a heads up that we were thinking of adding the day before if possible and am letting her handle it:thumbsup: I believe last year they extended free dining to that time frame the first part of July.

KylesMom
05-23-2011, 03:51 PM
So, the ones I made online....that require you to put in the confirmation number....won't be erased as soon as that confirmation is cancelled via Magical Journeys?

I'd contact your agent at MJ just to clarify how this scenario would work. We've changed discount codes (not dates) on three separate occasions this trip, and our reservation number stayed the same. I know the ladies at MJ would want you to contact them if something was confusing to you! I'm constantly pestering Terrisue with something - and she's always more than happy to go over the options (and potential ramifications) of our "what if" changes. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2011, 04:27 PM
No, your ADR's will be fine.

Last year, we booked a room only for January, and under that reservation number booked all of our ADR's.

When packages for 2011 were released, we changed to a package (in effect cancelling and rebooking), with a new number and had no issues with the ADR's booked under the old number.

However, I would be surprised if you needed to get a new reservation number. We've added days, etc before (always with MJ), and kept the same reservation number, so you shouldn't have to worry in the least.

Sunshine1010
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Some of the ADR's were made online...would that make a difference? Because when you make an online ADR...you have to give your confirmation number.

Lynnek: This is something I was wanting to know also. I know there is absolutely no guarantee on how the free dining is offered or how it's planned by Disney. But, usually,...you can 'sort of' figure it out. You're right, last year, Veterans Day was on a Thursday. And the Free dining plan started the day after. I was wondering since Veterans Day falls on a Friday this year if it would make a difference.....OR if they 'plan' on doing the free dining promotion the day AFTER Veterans Day...no matter what day it falls on.

Niecyboo
05-23-2011, 05:55 PM
If you are just changing your dates, your reservation number shouldn't change, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you need to switch from a room only to a package or visa vera, your confirmation number will change since Disney has us cancel and rebook for that. Even then, your ADRs shouldn't be affected, so you should be all set.

lynnek
05-23-2011, 07:58 PM
We really liked that weekend--end of F&W, start of Osborne Lights and the Festival of the Masters Art Show--kids loved this! Sharpie, Family Fun and Lego had some cool kids activities, tons of chalk artists and awesome art fair.