PDA

View Full Version : Is there a special sound that you have to hear?

SpaceMountainManiac
05-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Are you drawn to a specific sound or music that you have to hear? That magical sound/music that makes you return to the parks. For me it is in the 3rd line at Space Mountain - the star tunnel. This particular sound has made me travel from England almost every year since I was a teenager - thats power ( or that special Disney magic! )

artyboy
05-22-2011, 04:12 PM
The train whistle from MK...I love hearing it from the boat dock at the Grand Floridian!

faline
05-22-2011, 04:21 PM
The horns on the boats as they travel back and forth across Bay Lake.

WDWfanatic742
05-22-2011, 04:24 PM
The Star Tunnel music does it for me too. It's so simple, but so perfect...

joonyer
05-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Hearing "When You wish Upon a Star" during "Wishes" :cloud9:

EpcotFan182
05-22-2011, 05:49 PM
My favorite is the music they play in Future World, brings me right back :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
05-22-2011, 07:35 PM

Very similar for us but its the sound of the resort launch at the Poly dock.

princessjojo
05-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Hearing the music as I enter MK from under the train station. It's as if it brings a calming effect/affect (???) over me almost immediately. Maybe psych therapists should use this in their waiting rooms......

buzznwoodysmom
05-22-2011, 09:03 PM
I have a bunch. Hearing "when you wish upon a star" during Wishes is probably my favorite. Hearing the whistle of the train at MK and the sound of the boat horns coming and going from the resorts around MK are another sound I love. Also the entire People Mover ride used to be a favorite, but its not at all special to my family the way it is now.

KatrinaJ91
05-22-2011, 10:05 PM
"Please stand clear of the doors...." Love it so much, it is my text alert!!

KelBelStar
05-22-2011, 10:09 PM
To take a bit of a 'reverse' spin on this... yesterday I was in the parking lot at Bertuccis with my 13yo DD and I said "close your eyes - where are you" and she said 'Epcot - outside of Italy'. It was the sounds, the smells, AND the music!

squad51
05-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Please stand clear of the doors......

The engines of the buses.

The drum beats and first streak of illuminations.

The first cast member saying "Welcome to ____."

ransam
05-23-2011, 12:06 AM
"Have a Magical Day"

and just plain old laughter.....

darthmacho
05-23-2011, 07:42 AM
LOTS!

Epcot Entrance music.
Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.
Big Thunder Mountain safety spiel.
TTA soundtrack...miss the old one.
Mickey Mouse's voice. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2011, 11:37 AM

What kind of phone do you have and how did you get that as your text alert???? I would love to have that on my phone.

Disney4us2
05-23-2011, 12:12 PM
I love when you are on the bus to MK and they put on the music as you enter the drop off area. The Mickey Mouse March always pust a smile on my face.

McLiberal8
05-23-2011, 12:25 PM
::cue Disney music:: "MORNING! No sleeping! hAHAHahAH!"

Love the Stitch/Mickey wake-up call, and hearing park music right when you wake up is so great. It's always the little things, isn't it? :mickey:

SBETigg
05-23-2011, 12:57 PM
The train whistle from MK...I love hearing it from the boat dock at the Grand Floridian!

Love hearing it from my room at the GF, or at the Poly. It makes my stay extra special, a constant reminder that the magic is all around.

SusieQ
05-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas :mickey:

ginny57
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Please stand clear of the doors - Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Thats my text alert too! I just recorded it to my phone from my PC.

My kids think I'm nuts!!

JasonH
05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
First of all.....

:welcome: KelBelStar!

And as for sounds/music, there's several for me:

The BGM for at the beginning of Epcot and also for Innoventions Plaza/Fountain area.
Space Mountain Tunnel
The dog howl from HM.
The BGM for Adventureland and Tomorrowland.
The BGM for Sunset Boulevard and the area around MV3D.
Hearing the trailers before you reach the final "Theatre" room part of the queue for The Great Movie Ride.
The music played before Fantasmic!
The BGM from the beginning of AK, Chester & Hester's Dinorama area and Dinosaur.
And last but certainly not least, the first time you hear the music that's being played at the resort you are staying at. :mickey:

ChewyStriker
05-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm a wake up call girl as well. And I, for some reason, must have the Disney TV attractions show on in the background when I'm in my resort room. Ride-wise: whenever we think of Disney we think of the "Little Red" script on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

DAWS
05-23-2011, 03:23 PM
"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me" :cheers:

brivers222
05-23-2011, 03:27 PM
What kind of phone do you have and how did you get that as your text alert???? I would love to have that on my phone.

google or yahoo for phone zoo....

i love any of the theme park music that constantly gets played.

but oddly the thing that reminds me most is the exhaust smell from the busses... idk... but i also like the smell of gasoline so i may be a bit off hahaha

slegrant
05-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I love the background music at Fort Wilderness and the horns from the boat launches:mickey:

ryca1dreams
05-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Star Tunnel

Imagineer1981
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
man oh man, every sound at the parks!!!! :)

the cave of pirates opening scene, mainstreet music, the train whistle, the monorail spiel...oh i miss it

UCJen
05-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Innoventions Music Loop. I have it on my lap top and my iPod.

Star tunnel. I've never been on SM (yet :chick:), but it reminds me of the Peoplemover.

SusieQ
05-24-2011, 01:11 AM

Think we got ours from myxer.com - search under Disney and you'll get loads of similar options

kathiep
05-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Another vote for "please stand clear...." That's when I know I'm home!! :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
"Welcome Home."

DisneyDINK
05-24-2011, 10:20 AM

Me too! One of the reasone I love to get a park view at the Poly.

tiggerbuddy
05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes !!!

Por favor mantengase alejado delas puertas !!!:thumbsup:

KatrinaJ91
05-24-2011, 08:22 PM
google or yahoo for phone zoo....

i love any of the theme park music that constantly gets played.

but oddly the thing that reminds me most is the exhaust smell from the busses... idk... but i also like the smell of gasoline so i may be a bit off hahaha

I used myxer.com

Bellerella
05-24-2011, 11:13 PM
For me, it is the music they play outside the lodges. There is nothing like hearing African music playing as I get off the ME and walk towards the AKL on day one. It says "Jambo! You have arrived!" :cloud9:

MrPeetrie
05-25-2011, 06:38 AM
I have several "must-hears:"

-- "Put on your Sunday Clothes" on Main Street. Makes me cry first time I hear it each trip.
-- "Welcome foolish mortals."
-- "Sit back. Relax. 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness."
-- Magical Express bus driver giving 10-second countdown to Disney property. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Toot. Toot. "Welcome to Walt Disney World."
-- "Welcome back." as you enter the turnstiles.

mymickeymouse
05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
The screams of sheer terror/unadulterated delight emanating from TOT!!!:D

Stu29573
05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
The Magical Express bus driver calling out "Welcome to Disney World!" as you drive under the sign.

The "Welcome home!" at the resort.

The music as you approach the tunnels that go to Main Street USA (note: this last trip it was Christmas music, which was also VERY cool)

"Dead men tell no tales..."

"Welcome, foolish mortals..."

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

Epcot entrance music

"You are not the first to pass this way..."

Soarin' theme

"Hurray for Hollywood" on Hollywood Blvd.

"CTX" theme

the resort background music on the busses.

Many many many more..... Sigh.......

ThanxForNoticin
05-25-2011, 12:21 PM
The screams of sheer terror/unadulterated delight emanating from TOT!!!:D

This is the first one that came to my mind, too. I would also say the screams coming from Splash Mountain at MK and Everest at AK. The screams of delightful terror - depending which park we hit first!

Disdad13
05-26-2011, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=UCJen;2172500]Innoventions Music Loop. I have it on my lap top and my iPod.

Please tell me where you got this! I listen to Live365 at work all the time, and the Innoventions Music Loop is the one thing I will stop everything I am doing to listen to. I've never been able to find it somewhere where i could record it (or buy it). Where can I get it??

DVC2004
05-26-2011, 02:21 PM
The Monorial Speil, the dog howling at Haunted Mansion, this funny song of sounds my kids like from Test Track- and so many more but those are the top ones that come to mind.

DisneyorBust
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
So many sounds from WDW bring me back.....even when I'm listening at home or in the car.
-Monorail Spiel
-Resort Launches
-Train whistle, especially from the Poly grounds
-The dog howling at the Haunted Mansion
-Epcot Entrance music
-Illuminations pre-show

Like most of you I could go on and on.
Great thread by the way!

LudwigVonDrake
05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
The voice of Paul Frees (Ghost Host) in the Haunted Mansion :hmghost:

Gibbs
05-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Please stand clear of the doors - Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Thats my text alert too! I just recorded it to my phone from my PC.

My kids think I'm nuts!!

Thats ok, my whole family thinks I'm a little off!!

2 sounds really do it for me
The entrance music for Epcot and "paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow" Gotta love it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cinderelley
05-31-2011, 12:27 AM
Standing between Big Thunder and Splash Mountain - the mingling of the screams from people on Splash Mountain and the sound of the Big Thunder mine train going by.

Fastpasssteve
05-31-2011, 12:43 AM
I love to hear the recorded fanfare on the bus from the resort as we approach the Magic Kingdom. It begins with trumpets and the voice follows: "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!" It gives me the goose bumps even thinking about it!

katieandrob
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Music from the MK Electrical Street Parade.

elmjimmlm
06-01-2011, 10:09 PM
The beginning of Impressions de France...I love that music and how eerie it sounds...Also love the beginning of Soarin...I have it on my iPhone and listen to it all the time!!!

Eric87
06-02-2011, 08:34 AM
The Main St. train whistle is probably number one on my list. I also really love the entrance music at Epcot.

Bay Lake
06-02-2011, 09:16 AM
For some reason I love the sound of the logs going down the hill on Splash Mountain and hearing them rumble down and the wosh of the spray gun.

jennsky
06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Some of you have mentioned these two, but the sounds I MUST hear on each vacation to Disney World is:

1) the WDW Railroad train whistle
2) Star Tunnel music at Space Mountain

steamboat willy
06-03-2011, 08:06 AM
To take a bit of a 'reverse' spin on this... yesterday I was in the parking lot at Bertuccis with my 13yo DD and I said "close your eyes - where are you" and she said 'Epcot - outside of Italy'. It was the sounds, the smells, AND the music!

FIRST - Welcome to INTERCOT - you'll be hooked!:thumbsup:

My Grandson in the car seat - "Are We There Yet"
Please Stand Clear Of The Doors.
The Long Blast Of The Ferryboat Horn Leaving TTC Dock.
Our first walk under the Train Station and hearing the thunderous sound of the Steam Train traveling overhead with the "clang...clang...clang" of the Bell.
The Piano Man playing outside Casey's.
Someday My Prince Will Come at Cinderella's Castle.
Ahoy Mattes, There Be Squalls Ahead!

112 Days before we Hear These! :cool:

steamboat willy
06-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Whoops.......missed one,

The "start up" Music for the Electrical Water Padget from the Beach at the Poly!

donnine
06-03-2011, 04:35 PM
My favorite is the music they play in Future World, brings me right back :mickey:

I'm with you!

plutosnana
06-03-2011, 11:21 PM
BTR background music and "Please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs, inside the vehicle at all times!"

:goofy:

PETE FROM NYC
06-04-2011, 06:22 PM
The most important sound to hear: " Your table is ready"

jhuard89
06-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas :mickey:

Same! :mickey:

MushuGrl
06-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Someone mentioned the cave at POTC - I LOVE that....the sloooooow tinkling of "Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me"...I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!!

I also love that burst of orchestra music as you break through the clouds on Soarin'...

...the kazoo version of "You Got a Friend in Me" in the Buzz Lightyear queue...

...the Mickey Mouse March on the buses heading toward Magic Kingdom (I know then I'm truly home)...hey, and while I'm on that, Mickey directing the Mickey Mouse March in "Philharmagic" after he cleans up Donald's chaos...makes me tear up every time....

...the first creepy slow strains of "Grim Grinning Ghosts" as you enter the Haunted Mansion....

....hearing the Black Pearl Theme playing outside POTC...

I'm sure I forgot some. I'm SO sure, in fact, that I wanna go back and research.:D