PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends

bshaw96
05-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi. We are arriving Friday for an 8 nite stay. We received an email from Disney saying if you wanted autographs with the characters for star wars weekend that you would have to arrive early at HS to get a FP. Can I assume this applies to pictures with them as well? We went b4 on star wars weekends and it was crowded and the lines to meet characters long, but didn't need fast passes. Would hate to have to get their early just to see them. Hoping this is just for autograph purposes to speed the lines up for character meet and greet?

Kenny1113
05-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Was this for the characters (darth vader, bobo fett, etc) or was this for say, the actor who played chewbacca? I know when we went in the past you had to get there early to get a fast pass to meet the special guests/movie stars of that weekend.

Carol
05-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Characters and celebrities are different.

I would assume they are talking about the meet and greets for the celebrity guests. In the past you would line up first thing in the morning for a fast pass and given a time to go back for the meet. The times are limited as they only block a few hours a day for signings/photos.

The characters are throughout the area. You shouldn't need fast passes for them. Yes - the lines can be long - but they are available throughout the day.

crltkcagle
05-22-2011, 12:28 PM
This is just for the actual actors who will be out signing autographs. Now we have been twice to STW and I do recommend getting there about an hour before rope drop so you can get in early. Especially with the new star tours just being opened. The lines for the characters aren't that bad. Not really any different than waiting in line for Mickey or Donald. Its a lot of fun for the kids! We always bring our Star Wars Encyclopedia and have the characters sign on their page. Have a great trip!

bshaw96
05-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Ahhh...ok....that is what its for......:thumbsup:
Not too into all that, but did want my son to get a pic with some of the characters. Thanks!!!

i'm grumpy
05-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald in their SW costumes were trading characters every 20 min. One line in the hot sun. :jaw:

joanna71985
05-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately most of the lines are like that. So even though you get into line for one character, that may not be the character out when you get up there

jimsgal05
05-24-2011, 07:58 AM
I was just there I did get to meet a few and got all sipresigned autos except Anthony Daniels..aka C-3PO...in the afternoona like 3ish there were no lines to meet the others so I was able to get the actor that play BOBBA FETT from esp 2. If you are going sat at night after they are all done signing goto the "desk" near American Idold closest to star war..It is a Kiosk they pass out bands for sunday..I didn't know this...until sunday....

Also the parade is at 12:45...get there at 12 noon if not soon...short parade... I am posting more info..about tips on star wars weekends