PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon or Artist Point

mgmnut
05-22-2011, 05:58 AM
We are staying at VWL in July. We made all our reservations a while back, but like always we are re-thinking our decisions.

First, we are going on the DP w/ 1TS, 1CS, 1 snack per day. Now we are kicking around just doing the QS plan so we are not so bound to dinner reservations. This will allow us to move about more freely from park to park if needed due to crowd levels. I am starting to look at all that food and thinking all we will be doing is eating, even we are not hungry, if we stay bound to the ressies. If we go with the QS plan, I would just pay OOP for a couple of Table service meals if we decide we want to sit down and relax for a nice TS meal. Already paid OOP for Hoop Dee Doo.

We have reservations for Artist Point, 2TS credits on the DP. I have never eaten at AP or Whispering Canyon, nor have I been to the WL for that matter.

Is Artist Point worth the 2TS credits on the DP? I have been hearing good things about Whispering Canyon so I am thinking save myself the 1 TS credit and move my reservation to Whispering Canyon. On the other hand I am thinking if AP is really worth the 2TS credits, it will be nice to sit down to a delux dining experience with the family.

Thoughts??? Ideas??? Recommendations??

spoiledraf
05-22-2011, 06:38 AM
I think it's great to have at least one really comfortable pampered dinner. Never been to WL, seems a bit out of the way to me, but the dining has gotten great reviews. I would certainly go.

We've always been on a deluxe or premium plan and will be on the regular dining plan for the first time in August. My wife loves going to all the different restaurants ( I'm a boring meat and potatos guy) more than the parks so thats my way of getting her to go. It got to be a chore constantly having to be somewhere on the other side of the world for an ADR. This time, (4 nights) We'll use up our TS credits in the Castle and Narcoosees so it will be QS as the norm for the first time. We'll see how that goes!
I do enjoy a nice dinner at a signature restaurant but breakfast lunch and dinner is toooo much.

joonyer
05-22-2011, 08:58 AM
WC and AP are both good in their own way, but they are very different restaurants. they are not really comparable. WC is focused on hearty food, and family fun. AP is an upscale restaurant focused on fine food quality and service. But, it has been several years since we have dined at AP, so I can;t speak to it's recent quality.

darthmacho
05-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Artist Point is our favorite restaurant in the whole world, not just WDW! That being said, I opted last vacation for Whispering Canyon over Artist point for our traditional visit and meal at Wilderness Lodge, and here's why:

1 DP credit is better than two.
We had kids with us.
Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun and the food is just my style...BBQ!

Also, Artist Point is elegant, and lovely, but I wouldn't call it fancy. If you go, try to get a window seat. :mickey:

crltkcagle
05-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I have never been to AP, (maybe when the kids are grown) but we go to WCC on every trip. Our kids love it there and the food is really good. I think it depends on what sort of environment you are looking for. WCC is a fun loud kind of restaurant and from what I've read about AP its a very nice relaxed environment. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

DAWS
05-22-2011, 07:11 PM
We, too, love both Artist Point and Whispering Canyon, but for very different reasons:

Artist Point has just an amazing menu and atmosphere. This is truly one of our favorite sit-down restaurants on property.

Whispering Canyon is fun, lively, and you get lots of food. The barbeque is really quite good.

As you can see, like a previous poster mentioned - you simply can't compare the two. I do really love this resort, so be sure to explore all the beauty offered!

AllDisney
05-23-2011, 08:28 PM
If you want to pamper yourself do go to Artist Point. We have always enjoyed eating there:mickey:

Crow
05-23-2011, 10:51 PM
stayed at WL again last trip. ate at WC..eh it was ok. was supposed to eat at AP but cut it out to save $ sorta sorry i did as i used to like it as a fav place. go to AP to try it

EpcotFan182
05-24-2011, 07:28 AM
I think it depends on what you're looking for, seeing that they are very different restaurants. WC has more of the "family fun" aspect, the cast members play games with the guests and overall I feel it's more geared towards casual family dining. AP on the other hand is a little more upscale, but very good - definitely worth the 2 TS credits.

mgmnut
05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I know the two restaurants can't be compared to each other. I guess, I was trying to figure out which restaurant my family would enjoy more. I have heard great things about both, for different reasons, and was second guessing my decision.

I have heard WC is lots of fun with the interaction with the wait staff, and I know my kids like that. They loved 50's Prime Time Cafe, we had a waitress who really played it up, made it lots of fun.

I also know my kids are well behaved in a restaurant and would probably enjoy a signature Dining Experience.

I think I will stay with my orignal plan of going to AP. We will be going to HDDR on our first night, and Ohanah (Kind of BBQ) on our 4th night. I think we would like the AP experience over a 3rd night of BBQ.