PDA

View Full Version : Is Picnic in the Park still available?

ldc12377
05-21-2011, 07:13 AM
We love the Picnic in the Park meals at AK. I've been reading lately that it is sometimes not available. Does anyone know if they are still doing it or not? We leave for WDW in a week. Our family likes to order the Picnic and then take it with us back to our villa. we always seem at need food at our DVC and always have leftover QS credits on our plan so this solves both problems.....lol

Marcya23
05-22-2011, 10:05 AM
We were there 2 weeks ago and it was still available. We were looking forward to having it for lunch, but since we were on the dining plan it was rather confusing and the CM didn't have an answer and told us we would have to wait for someone else to come and explain and since we were hungry, we decided not to wait!

What made it confusing was that we were 2 adults and one child. The sign said that you would be charged 2 CS meals, but didn't explain what the child option was. And again, the poor CM was clueless and didn't know what the child meal was or how to charge it.

Maybe next time!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I think the whole child part of the pinic is confusing, since I believe that everyone is charged an "adult" credit, even if one of the people is a child.

ldc12377
05-23-2011, 06:44 AM
I'm so glad to hear that it is still available.

The way the credits always worked in the past was that they just took off the total number of credits for the meal that you ordered. The CS have never been separated into adult/child credits on my trips. Maybe that has changed... The TS credits have been divided into adult/child credits for a few years now. It works the same so going to a CS that has no child menu. At those places kids can order off the adult menu with their child CS credits. I know everything with the Picnic stuff always says "adult" credits but for their are kids in your party then they can use they "child" credits for the meal...unless that has all changed since last year... Disney does likes to change things without much advanced notice....:mickey:

squijee
05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Where can I find a menu of choices?