PDA

View Full Version : Animal kingdom villas question

Disney_pups2
05-20-2011, 10:41 PM
If I rent points from someone then how do I know if I would be in Kidani or Jambo house? Do you request one or the other? Is there a cost difference in points?

tundramom
05-20-2011, 10:58 PM
you specify Kidani Villas or Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo, same points for same view.

Disney_pups2
05-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks for info Tundra mom :mickey:

DizneyRox
05-21-2011, 07:56 AM
you specify Kidani Villas or Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo, same points for same view.
Ummm... No, not at all actually...

I'm fairly sure all value rooms are Jambo, and the non value rooms are Kidani. The points are DEFINITELY not the same, the Jambo rooms are smaller and therefore cost less.

Club level is also at Jambo.

You will know at the time of reservation where you will be though.

sassafras
05-21-2011, 11:16 AM
All the value ones are in Jambo House. They are less points. We tried to book a value studio for August and only got the first 3 days, then have to change to a regular studio. I asked at the time of booking and was told there were no value studios at Kidani.

tundramom
05-22-2011, 09:21 PM
If you compare the same category from Jambo to Kidani the points are the same

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas
Studio - Standard View
Studio - Value
Studio - Savanna View
Studio - Concierge
1 Bedroom - Value
1 Bedroom - Standard View
1 Bedroom - Savanna View
1 Bedroom - Concierge
2 Bedroom - Value
2 Bedroom - Savanna View
2 Bedroom - Concierge
2 Bedroom - Standard View
Grand Villa 1-Story Savanna View

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village
Studio - Savanna View
1 Bedroom - Savanna View
2 Bedroom - Savanna View
Studio - Standard View
1 Bedroom - Standard View
2 Bedroom - Standard View
Grand Villa 2-Story Savanna View

As you can see some differences occur between the two venues, but "apples to apples" the points are exactly the same.

slheflin
05-23-2011, 01:48 PM
We just finished our stay in a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani and it is MUCH larger than a 2 bedroom at SSR, including a 3rd full bathroom. Last September we stayed in a studio in Jambo House and it was a comfortable size for 2 adults.