PDA

View Full Version : Picnic Areas outside the Parks?

micky95
05-20-2011, 07:58 AM
my dw & i just got back from disney 2 weeks ago.we stayed off property and drove to the parks everyday.we carried a cooler with our lunch and would take a break and sit in the car to eat.it was'nt that bad but it would be nice to have a picnic table sit and relax.are there any outside to sit and eat?:mickey: i know disney would prefer we stay inside and eat in but we have AP and in order to make a lot of trips(lucky that we live 5 hours away) we have to cut back on in park food.

buzznwoodysmom
05-20-2011, 12:48 PM
You could have brought your food into the park and found a shady bench to have your meals on. You can't bring a huge cooler, but anything you can carry or fit into a locker is acceptable.

On our very first trip to WDW we stayed offsite and my family thought the food was just too expensive. I was there with my mom, my brother and his wife and son. We packed a portable cooler with drinks and sandwiches that fit nicely under the stroller. We also packed chips and snacks in a backpack. Not sure how comfortable it would be to carry a cooler without a stroller. You could pack drinks without ice and ask for a cup of ice at one of the restaurants. Or pack your lunch and just have to purchase a drink. No need to sit in your car for lunch!

micky95
05-20-2011, 02:06 PM
we saw families doing that but part of it is to get away to some peace and quiet for a little while. my dw suggested going back to the room and its not that far but it seems like lot of trouble for an hour of quiet.i guess it's an age thing because it bothers me more than it use to.that must be why we like EPCOT so much.we can leave and walk over to the bakery at boardwalk and sit and relax.

buzznwoodysmom
05-20-2011, 03:24 PM
At MK you could getaway to one of the monorail resorts, or take a boat over to Ft. Wilderness. Those places are typcially quieter than the park. Even Tom Sawyer island can be a very quiet place at times. We saw a family enjoying their packed lunch on a table and rockers one day. AK, I'm sure has some out of the way quiet places, or you could bus to one of the AKL resorts. At DHS you could take a boat to the boardwalk area. I hope you find nice, relaxing spots for your next trip.

micky95
05-21-2011, 06:55 AM
thanks for the help.we've gone to the resorts before just for a break but never taken food .i do have a soft cooler( looks like a big camera case ) that we can load up and carry with us. we LOVE FW and eat at trails end every trip and it is the quietest most relaxing place at disney.we'll give it a try in july and i bet there has to be picnic tables there.:thumbsup:

LVT
06-13-2011, 10:36 PM
MK has some larger lockers. The smaller coolers would fit. Ours is a 12 pack soft cooler.