PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' thoughts & ideas

Pop Centurion
05-19-2011, 02:41 PM
With Star Tours 2 opening again, some of the new things had me thinking.

Why not do something similar with Soarin' where you randomly enter a different scene sequence, giving you many different experiences each time you ride.
Obviously as discussed before, they would have to switch to a digital projection. Preferably hi-def.
Add more scenes from around the country not just Cali. Then mixed with some of the existing ones it would randomly switch to a different scene for a different ride experience each time.
In all honesty it wouldn't be something that would cost much or call for considerable down time.
There would be no mechanical changes to the ride itself. Just installing digital projectors which could be done over night I'm sure.

A bonus would be 3D :D The golf scene is cool already but imagine adding more realism. Not to mention what they could do with new scenes. But not just for effects like that, but for a more overall real experience.

Thoughts?

EJS-Houston
05-19-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure it would be quite as simple as you may think (they ride banks with the film's hang glider, and the winds and scents, etc. are timed to that particular film)...however I think it's a great idea, and a great way to keep that ride fresh.

Mitzie
05-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I would like to see scenes from around the world... especially countries found in world showcase...just imagine flying over the Great Wall, or over the Eiffel tower...

BraddyB
05-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I like the idea, couldnt just swap it out overnight. They need some time to make the adjustments but it wouldnt be a long rehab. Why not a Florida version for WDW. You have Cape Canaveral, Everglades, beaches, the keys, golf courses, etc. Plus I am sure they could work a short sequence in of each WDW Park.

darthmacho
05-19-2011, 04:02 PM
The premise is good, but I don't know how easy it would be to pull of either. I suppose a world tour would be interesting, but I guess I wouldn't mess with what already seems to be a great success. :mickey:

Suzi Q
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Love the Florida scenes and the random scenes ideas...fun to imagine!

StuckinOz
05-19-2011, 04:16 PM
How about Rome, Athens, the Pyramids of Egypt? Niagra Falls?:fan:

RAIDER
05-20-2011, 02:59 AM
I would like to see more scenes of all 4 WDW parks in the daylight and one of Kennedy Centre with a rocket taking off :thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
05-20-2011, 04:08 AM
I've wondered, myself, how I would change Soarin' if I could. Since Florida has a limited range of terrain (California has beaches, farmland, mountains, desert...), perhaps a new version could take a broader sweep of our entire country.

Scenes from the Rocky Mountains, California Beaches, deserts of the Southwest, foothills of the Dakotas, lakes of Minnesota and the Great Lakes, Appalachian Mountains, Green hills and valleys of West Virginia, famous cities from all over...landing finally in WDW.

Whaddya think?

ann0d
05-20-2011, 08:44 AM
That would be an really awesome idea, but I wonder how hard it would be to pull it off. Great idea though! :thumbsup:

JPL
05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Basically nothing is going to happen with Soarin based on the current wait times. I highly doubt they will spend any money on the attraction as long as waits are an hour plus on average.

elmjimmlm
05-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I love the idea of different scenes like Star Tours... The idea of not knowing what you will see when you go in is a great thought...:thumbsup:

ransam
05-20-2011, 12:08 PM
it be awesome to do a Soarin' over america....grand canyon, rockies, NYC, new orleans, etc....

donnine
05-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I've wondered, myself, how I would change Soarin' if I could. Since Florida has a limited range of terrain (California has beaches, farmland, mountains, desert...), perhaps a new version could take a broader sweep of our entire country.

Scenes from the Rocky Mountains, California Beaches, deserts of the Southwest, foothills of the Dakotas, lakes of Minnesota and the Great Lakes, Appalachian Mountains, Green hills and valleys of West Virginia, famous cities from all over...landing finally in WDW.

Whaddya think?

I have often thought that would be a fabulous idea! Imagine a view of Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, etc...:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
05-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I think with WDW being a global park, and especially with Soarin' being at Epcot, it makes sense to enhance the attraction with either the entire USA or multiple countries to soar over. Plus with the advancements of digital projections and 3D technology, they could make Soarin' a much more interesting ride and really set it apart from DL version. It was brought over to help celebrate DL but now its time to make it WDW's version