PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier Dinner Experience Since Changeover

KylesMom
05-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I've been keeping my eye out, but haven't really read any type of reviews/experiences from LeCellier on the adjusted Dinner menu since the changeover occurred. I've captured the lunch information, but nothing really on evening dining.

Does anyone have any recent dinner menu experiences they would like to share; i.e., upgrade to menu versus price, service, positive or negative change, etcetera? We have a few different ADRs for our upcoming vacation here, and I'm a bit concerned that no one has chimed in with their dinner experiences since the change occurred in March!:wine:

DizneyRox
05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
With the lack of remarks, you almost asusme that nobody has gone (which may be true). I know I'm not planning until I hear some positive feedback. I didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be before, so paying even more for that won't coax me to go.

vicster
05-19-2011, 11:38 AM
With the lack of remarks, you almost asusme that nobody has gone (which may be true). I know I'm not planning until I hear some positive feedback. I didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be before, so paying even more for that won't coax me to go.

I totally agree that it wasn't what it was cracked up to be and I certainly would not pay 2 TS credits to eat there.

Wright46
05-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I ate dinner there in March shortly after the changeover. This was my first visit so I can't compare to how it used to be. However, our meal was amazing. Probably one of the best meals I've eaten anywhere. I had the ceasar salad for appatizer and the strip steak for my entree. My girlfriend had the cheese sampler for an appetizer and filet for entree. We split the creme brulee for dessert. We each had two glasses of wine and total cost with tip was around $200. Pretty pricey but very good.

Wright46
05-19-2011, 11:45 AM
One other thing I just remembered... Our server told us that with the recent upgrade, they increased the quality of beef that they use. I don't know what Canada's beef rating scale consists of but he said, the beef they use now is all highest quality whereas I think he said before, only the filet was highest quality and every other cut was one grade below.

disneymom15
05-19-2011, 12:01 PM

I agree. We weren't impressed when we eat there a few years back. We loved the cheese soup and the bread sticks were fabulous. However, we thought it was not worth the price. We've never done the dining plan, always pay out of pocket.

KylesMom
05-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I certainly would not pay 2 TS credits to eat there We're not on the dining plan (TiW instead w/discount), so 2 TS aren't of concern to us. However, the quality of the food and wine are! LeCellier has been among our family's favorites for quite some time now.

However, our meal was amazing And that's what I like to hear. :thumbsup: Any others who have dined here for dinner who can comment on their experience since the change?

darthmacho
05-19-2011, 04:32 PM
I wondered the same thing.

I thought it was worth 1 credit, for sure, but 2? No...

Checkers
05-19-2011, 09:52 PM
I ate dinner there in March shortly after the changeover. This was my first visit so I can't compare to how it used to be. However, our meal was amazing. Probably one of the best meals I've eaten anywhere. I had the ceasar salad for appatizer and the strip steak for my entree. My girlfriend had the cheese sampler for an appetizer and filet for entree. We split the creme brulee for dessert. We each had two glasses of wine and total cost with tip was around $200. Pretty pricey but very good.

Wow, $200 to me is very pricey! We have lunch ADRs there in Oct. but now I'm reconsidering since if the meat is a lower grade and we haven't really been impressed the last few times we have eaten there. We will not be on the DP but using our TIW card. And, imho, the atmosphere (tables very close together) is not the best.

KylesMom
05-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Wow, $200 to me is very pricey! We have lunch ADRs there in Oct. but now I'm reconsidering since if the meat is a lower grade

Paula, the beef is now a higher grade than before, not lower - hence the jump of about $8 per steak on the dinner menu since the change. Wine at LeCellier averages $8-$15 per glass, so that could be anywhere from $32-$60 of Wright46's dinner bill.

As a family, we love LeCellier, hence the original question of reviews since the change took place. Dinner (not lunch) will probably cost us $20-$30 more than it previously did with the TiW card, which I'm willing to spend if the dinner reviews are favorable.

Wright46
05-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Wine at LeCellier averages $8-$15 per glass, so that could be anywhere from $32-$60 of Wright46's dinner bill.

That's a good point... we each had the wine that was siggested with our entrees and i think they were $13 or $14 so roughly $55 of our bill was wine. Plus our server was wonderful so I'm sure I tipped at least 20%. take out the wine and tip and you're probbaly just over $100.

KylesMom
05-20-2011, 10:11 AM
That's a good point... we each had the wine that was siggested with our entrees and i think they were $13 or $14 so roughly $55 of our bill was wine.

If I would skip the wine with my entree (Mission Hill SLC, Okanagan Valley @ $14/glass), it would be a wash. However, it adds too much to the meal to omit! :cloud9:

brivers222
05-20-2011, 04:13 PM
i am hoping that after years of being shut out i will finally get to sample some of the beef!

we are on the dlxDP so using 2TS credits is not a problem at all... in fact it will help us use some of them lol

so after December i hope to be able to contribute to this thread.... just have to wait until 3 more weeks to book.

CuteAsMinnie
05-28-2011, 11:24 PM
This is the only restaurant we will never, ever dine a second time. Food and service was so horrific our entire meal (over $300) was comped. Mind you, this was a few years ago, but never forgotten.

MOJoe
06-01-2011, 04:13 PM
:fish: Fishing? I'll bite.

Worth it or not, Le Cellier had some of the best food of our entire May trip. We loved it last time, wanted to return, and it did not disappoint. My DS 17, rated their steak #1 out of the 3 signature places we visited. The other two were The Brown Derby and Narcooses. Since my son had steak at all of them, i must defer to his opinion.

All in all, though, i prefered Narcooses, if i can compare the two. The setting there on the water with a view of the MK fireworks is hard to beat. The food and service was great. But the food and service was great at LeCellier too. The fillet, soup and pretzel bread were just as good as i remembered. We also ordered a couple of side dishes, which we didn't need because we had so much food. The bill was over $200, and i thought as i paid it, "This was a great meal but, is it really worth that?"

So i guess what i'm trying to say is this. If you are on a budget, looking to get the most bang for your buck, or trying to cut down on your food costs in WDW, LeCellier may be on the list of places to skip. But for one of the best steaks in WDW, this is still the place to go.

KylesMom
06-01-2011, 04:19 PM
:wine:
Worth it or not, Le Cellier had some of the best food of our entire May trip. We loved it last time, wanted to return, and it did not disappoint.

So i guess what i'm trying to say is this. If you are on a budget, looking to get the most bang for your buck, or trying to cut down on your food costs in WDW, LeCellier may be on the list of places to skip. But for one of the best steaks in WDW, this is still the place to go.

Thanks, Joe. DH has been inquiring what type of responses I've been getting, and DS has been keeping his eye on this post, seeing if it's been updated. Glad to have two very positive dinner reviews. I think we'll keep our three dining reservations there!

brivers222
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
how do the side items work on the DlxDP?

do we still have to buy them OOP?

princessgirls
06-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Good input here. Thanks!!!

The time has come where our children have MAJOR opinions on where they want to dine. They are 10 & 9. Le Cellier was not on their "hit list" and beings it's everyone's vacation, I'm am going with it.

The best is my daughter Madison's selection was The San Angel Inn in Mexico (Epcot) when I asked her why she selected this as her pick, she replied Mom, it was Bridgett and Caitlin's (her classmates) favorites!!!! They always talk about it!!!
YES...I'm dining on a 3rd graders advice.
We've never eaten there, mainly because it gets mixed reviews, but if Bridgett and Caitlin say it's good...IT MUST BE!!

Morgan's was Teppan Edo.
Here are our ADR's for the week we are there in August:
Saturday Liberty Tree Tavern Magic Kingdom
Sunday San Angel Inn
Monday No ADR...Waterpark day and grab something at whatever park we are in at night.
Tuesday Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner Wilderness Lodge
Wednesday Kona cafe Polynesian
Thursday Breakfast with the Princesses in Norway (must for both girls) AND Teppan Edo for dinner
Friday Tutto Italia Epcot
Saturday O'Hana dinner Polynesian
Sunday Chef Mickey's Contemporary

Girls picks were San Angel, Teppan Edo, Askerhaus, Chef Mickey's and O'hana (family pick)

Honestly, as much as I love Le Cellier, on the dining plan or not, I can't justify two TS credits or the cost. We have plenty of good steak houses here in Jersey/NYC. I will miss it, but we are trying some new places so it's all good!
Julie:mickey:

TinksGoofyMom
06-02-2011, 01:32 PM
My family of 4 ate here 1 1/2 yrs ago. It was one of our best experiences. My son was 12 at the time & a very picky eater. My DH wanted to use 2 TS but that's where I drew the line. We booked a lunch @1245. The menu wasn't drastically different & our favorites wer still there(my DD9 just wants the choc."moose").
I think a lunch alternative is better for anyone who doesn't want to use up 2 TS.

KAT1811
06-05-2011, 03:08 PM
This is the only restaurant we will never, ever dine a second time. Food and service was so horrific our entire meal (over $300) was comped. Mind you, this was a few years ago, but never forgotten.

Unfortunately we too had a terrible experience at Le Cellier on our last visit and will not return. Our server was beyond rude and the meal was okay, nothing I would rave about. We were a party of 15. This was a few years back. I am part of the crowd that thinks it never stood up to it's popularity. IMHO service is a big part of the meal. The soup and breadsticks were wonderful but that is about all.

We are a very big steak family but now dine at the Yachtsman Steakhouse when in Disney. The service is some of the best I have had anywhere. We travel with our 4 children and my parents and they catered to everyone's needs wonderfully. On our last visit we had 3 people taking care of our table and the manager went so far as to make breakfast reservations at Kouzinna for us in the morning. It is my husband's favorite restaurant in all of WDW. He requests it at least twice every trip and would eat there every night if we stayed at the Yacht/Beach Club. IMHO if a fabulous steak is what you are after take the short walk over to the Yachtsman and have a wonderful dinner.

Dulcee
06-05-2011, 05:17 PM
the manager went so far as to make breakfast reservations at Kouzinna for us in the morning.

Kouzinna does breakfast? hmmmmmm.... :)