PDA

View Full Version : New Star Tours ride?

steamboat willy
05-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Is the new Star Tours ride a motion sick sensitive ride. Trying to decide whether to take 5 year old who LOVES Star Wars? Pop Pop Toooooo!
When is it scheduled to open?

KylesMom
05-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Is the new Star Tours ride a motion sick sensitive ride. Trying to decide whether to take 5 year old who LOVES Star Wars? Pop Pop Toooooo!
When is it scheduled to open?

I'm trying to find out about the new sims & motion sickness as well. I used to have to ride Star Tours in the front row only. I would guess that in the coming weeks we'll get lots of feedback on the attraction.

As far as the opening, the press event is tonight, and the grand opening is tomorrow 5-20. :darth:

MOJoe
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
From the reports i have seen, people who are sensitive to motion sickness may have trouble riding ST2. The range of motion of the simulators is greater than before. And with the addition of 3D, there will be some people who just can't stomach it.
But for the vast majority, there should be no issues. Most reports are saying that those who ride hurry to get right back in line. Not something you would do if you were disoriented from the first ride.

BrerGnat
05-19-2011, 10:44 AM
There is still a motion sickness warning on this ride.

It's opening this Friday, May 20.

If you have a child who gets motion sick while driving, flying, etc. I would NOT take him on that ride.

wdwluv
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I cannot do spinny rides (used to love them) and I didn't have any sickness with Star Tours. HOWEVER 3 times was the max for me. I DID have to take a break for a bit and go do something else for awhile, because it felt like I might have trouble if I did it more times in a row.