PDA

View Full Version : What's it like in Fantasyland- Construction?

Kairi_7378
05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey there... I've been off of I'cot for a little while now but DH finally thinks that our son (2.5) is "ready" for us to plan his first trip to WDW. If we go, it will be in late August, early September to celebrate his 3rd birthday. I am a little concerned about what Fantasyland will be like during that time period. Can anyone who has been there recently tell me if there have been a lot of things closed off? Do you think that it would be better to wait until the planned completion date of 2013 to take him? DH wants him to be WOW-ed and he thinks that if Fantasyland is under construction that he won't get the "full" WDW experience.

Lightning McQueen
05-18-2011, 10:51 PM
If he's turning 3, I don't think he'll ever know the difference, and it will be free! I say go for it. :mickey:

ransam
05-18-2011, 11:40 PM
my nephew is almost 1. I can't wait to take him to wdw...

GothMickey
05-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey there... I've been off of I'cot for a little while now but DH finally thinks that our son (2.5) is "ready" for us to plan his first trip to WDW. If we go, it will be in late August, early September to celebrate his 3rd birthday. I am a little concerned about what Fantasyland will be like during that time period. Can anyone who has been there recently tell me if there have been a lot of things closed off? Do you think that it would be better to wait until the planned completion date of 2013 to take him? DH wants him to be WOW-ed and he thinks that if Fantasyland is under construction that he won't get the "full" WDW experience.

Well, walls are up in the construction zone, which will not impact you anyway since nothing is open. You can still ride Pooh without worry. Dumbo should still be open. You may experience walls in the middle of Fantasyland as they remove planters and prep the ground for construction of the castle walls. On the other side of Fantasyland, construction walls are up over by the old Skyway Station, which is scheduled to be demolished. Other than that, you will not be affected whatsoever.

Victor Kelly
05-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Construction will not matter to a 3yo. He will have a blast regardless. Go go go :thumbsup: