PDA

View Full Version : How Much Time to Allow for DME to Resort to Dinner?

trevis
05-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello! We're in the process of picking which flight to take, and the flight that is least expensive and our favorite airline arrives at 6:15 pm. But, we have a dinner reservation at 9:20 at California Grill. We pretty much have our hearts set on going there, and there's no more availability that whole week! So, our question is, do you think this is enough time?

We're staying at CSR, but two of us will be arriving on a much earlier flight since we're coming from a different part of the country. Thus, we'll already be checked in, so it is just a matter of dropping off bags and then heading over. But, we have never done any of this before, so we really have no idea!

SBETigg
05-18-2011, 12:12 PM
I think you're safe to keep that reservation. I'm pretty sure you will make it. If time gets short, you can always switch to cab or car service, which would cost you extra and probably won't be necessary, but it's an option. I think you would be at your resort by 8:15 at least, and then if you're worried about getting there in time you could again consider a cab over Disney transportation (at not much extra expense for the peace of mind).

Pop Centurion
05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I think you'll be okay with time unless there's an extremely long line/wait for the DME bus at MCO.
Another bit of advice just in case time becomes an issue. Pack the clothes you intend to wear to dinner in your carry on. I learned this lesson once when we had many hours to go before our ADR but DME didn't drop off our luggage until almost 1am even though we landed 13 hours earlier :confused:

DizneyRox
05-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I have always have said, three hours...

DAWS
05-18-2011, 11:06 PM
I think you are safe. Many times we have made dinner reservations for two hours after flight arrival time - when we are eating in the same hotel. When we are eating somewhere else, we do 2.5-3 hours from flight arrival to dinner reservation time.

DizneyRox
05-19-2011, 07:11 AM
I think you'll be okay with time unless there's an extremely long line/wait for the DME bus at MCO.

Or your flight is delayed, or you experience unusual traffic, or your hotel is the last stop for ME, etc, etc... There are a lot of possible delays with ME (and getting to WDW in general).

trevis
05-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Alright, sounds good! We'll go ahead and book it and hope we don't get too delayed.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how late you have to be for it to be considered 'missed' in terms of the $25 charge? i.e. should we be worried if we're five or ten minutes late?

TheRustyScupper
05-21-2011, 11:08 PM
ADR Times and Tardiness:

1) WDW advises you to be at the ADR 15-minutes early.
2) You are expected to meet your ADR time, just like any other appointment.
3) Being on-time is your responsibility, not that of WDW.
4) If late, they can cancel the ADR.
5) Under normal conditions, they can allow up to a 15-minutes lateness.
6) If really busy, like during Free Dining or Holidays, there is no Grace Period.
7) If you miss the ADR, you *might* have the ability to wait for a table.
8) For waiting times, there is no estimate, and waits of 1-1½ hrs is common.
9) They also have the option of canceling and just sending you away.

NOTE: All these options are at the discretion of the CM's on duty at the hostess podium. So, the hint is be VERY pleasant if you show up during the 15-minute last period.