PDA

View Full Version : Quick service for chicken?

spoiledraf
05-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Any list of quick service counters where we can get fried chicken. Burgers and dogs can get old. :-)

Narawen
05-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't think you can get big piece of fried chicken, but most CS Places have nuggets or tenders. Places like Cosmic Rays and Flame Tree BBQ have rotisserie or barbequed chicken.

faline
05-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I believe the Tune In Lounge at Disney Studios serves fried chicken. However, I believe this location is also considered a table service rather than a quick service.

Maleficent_vf
05-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Columbia Harbor House at MK has chicken strips, fish sticks and such. It's usually less chaotic than other QS options.

If location isn't an issue, the Earl of Sandwich at DTD has a great selection of hearty sandwichs (again, not fried chicken, but not burgers and dogs either).

CanadaLovesDisney
05-17-2011, 05:32 PM
:number1: Flame tree BBQ in animal kingdom does NOT disappoint! The ribs are AMAZING and so is the chicken. A must do from now on!

spoiledraf
05-17-2011, 06:16 PM
:number1: Flame tree BBQ in animal kingdom does NOT disappoint! The ribs are AMAZING and so is the chicken. A must do from now on!

Ahhh now thats what I'm lookin for. And I'll have to check out Cosmic Rays as well.
Going on the regular dining plan but the wife wants to use up the TS on a lunch at the Castle and dinner at Narcoosees and the Yachtsman. That leaves CS to cover the rest of the meals. With some coming out of the pocket!

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2011, 07:43 PM
There are many, many places to get QS thats not burgers or hot dogs. In MK try Cosmic Rays or Columbia Harbour House. In Epcot try Sunshine Season's or any of the World Showcase QS locations for an almost endless variety of non burgers and hot dogs. In AK we enjoy the Yak and Yeti counter service location as well as Flame Tree. There are also a few resorts that offer nice alternatives for their QS meals. Some of the resorts that come to mind are Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Pepper Market at Coronado, and Port Orleans French Quarter (has a great shrimp poboy). And DTD has Wolf Gang Puck Express (best QS options on property in my opinion), Earl of Sandwich, and if your really looking for good old fried chicken, Fresh A Peel in DTD has great fried chicken. Just check out the menus in info central to get an idea of what is offered at the QS locations I mentioned in this post. Happy Eating!

spoiledraf
05-18-2011, 04:47 AM
You're right. There are some good varieties listed in the menus, but I have to wonder when was the last time they updated the prices in those menu listings. $1.79 for fries?? Not recently.

buzznwoodysmom
05-18-2011, 09:15 AM
You are right some of the menus haven't been updated in a while, but the places I listed all have lots of items other than burgers and fries. And if your on the dining plan then the prices don't really matter, right?

BrerGnat
05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
There are a few places that have fried chicken SANDWICHES. There's the Golden Oak Outpost in Fronteirland (MK); The Refreshment Port in Epcot (right before you reach the Canada Pavilion), and a couple others (Maybe Cosmic Ray's?).

The only place where you will be able to find bone in fried chicken at a CS place is Pollo Campero in Downtown Disney.

BandMan
05-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Burgers and dogs can get old.

Last time we were at WDW, I purposely tried to avoid any "standard" fast food fare. That meant no burgers, hot dogs, chicken strips or pizza for 10 days. I had no problems at all finding something tasty and different. :thumbsup: (Although I must confess, I had a Casey's hot dog on the last day. :blush: But that was because I WANTED one, not because I didn't have a choice.)

SBETigg
05-18-2011, 01:33 PM
There are so many options that aren't just burgers or dogs, or chicken. I'm always surprised when people think QS means being limited to burgers and dogs at Disney World. Go to Dining: Menus (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp) at Info Central and look through some of the options. You will find far more than burgers and dogs. World Showcase is my favorite place for QS meals, because of all the options, but even in the MK, there are options.

McLiberal8
05-18-2011, 01:37 PM
As a vegetarian, I can't reccomend any chicken joints. I can, however, verify that there is far more than burgers and dogs available all over WDW. Otherwise, i would starve! ;)

Buzznwoodysmom made some great suggestions. I would also second Sunshine Seasons. They have such a large selection, and such great food, I usually end up eating there a few times during each trip.

buzznwoodysmom
05-18-2011, 01:53 PM
The only place where you will be able to find bone in fried chicken at a CS place is Pollo Campero in Downtown Disney.

Natalie is right. Its Pollo Campero that serves the fried chicken in DTD, not Fresh A-Peel. This is an odd little place. There's Pollo Campero, which serves fried chicken, Fresh A-Peel, which serves other stuff (didn't really look at all that was offered), as well as a cupcake "corner" all in the same building. It was like one big CS location. Not sure why the need for all the different names. I even think all three places use the same check out counters. But maybe I missed something. It was a bit hectic when we ate here so I may not have noticed everything. Good fried chicken though, if that's what your looking for. We went in with the intentions of eating healthy. Fresh A-Peel sounded nice and healthy. Then we get in and of course we wanted fried chicken and cupcakes! Nothing healthy about that meal, but it was very good.

Pop Centurion
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I believe Fairfax Fare in DHS still has the BBQ half chicken.

ransam
05-18-2011, 11:49 PM
the puck cafe has lots of different options in their quick service. including rotisserie chicken.

steamboat willy
05-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Magic Kingdom -
Pecos Bills - Chic Strips, Grilled Chic Salad
Cosmic Rays - whole or half rotissrie Chicken, fried chic strips, grilled chic sandwich.
Columbia Harbour House - Chic breast nuggets & fish, Salad w/chicken, Tuna Sandwich & Clam Chowder
Main Street Bakery - Gourmet Sandwiches

AND LETS NOT FORGET THE TURKEY LEG WAGON!

Dog Free Except For Pluto & Goofy!