PDA

View Full Version : Favorite WDW YouTube videos?

emerzmom
05-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I have discovered WDW YouTube videos. What fun to be able to be transported to WDW on a ride, or Wishes Fireworks, or just walking through a resort.
What is your favorite?
:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I dont think we can post links of them on here but a description might be good enough for others to find them.

Anyways, i love the starwars dance offs. Seeing Darth Vader doing Michael Jackson moves is hilarious. Also like watching the videos at the Jedi Academy when the kids bow to Vader instead of fighting him. "come to the Dark Side.... we have cookies"

I really like watching ride videos as well. If they are well done, i can have a virtual trip to Disney and I dont have to pay airfare. Great for a pick me up when Im not feeling great.

Also enjoy watching parade and show videos. My current favorite is the Memories and you Castle show. Its breathtaking for me.

Last but not least, about once a month or so I go through the Vacation videos and see how much fun others are having while in the park.

mickey_M_lvr
05-17-2011, 12:10 PM
First I have to say Good question!

I have lived through these videos for the past coulple of years. :blush: We haven't been able to go but this year it is on!

My favorites are:
1. HolloWishes
2. Star Wars weekend
3. POFQ

crltkcagle
05-17-2011, 12:21 PM
My favorite is the Pirates of the carribean ride when Johhny Depp went through it after the rehab. He was really amazed that his robot looked so much like him!
We watch disney you tube videos all the time to get our Disney fix!

goofy89
05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
I love watching a ride through of the TTA! Makes me feel like I am there! :cloud9:

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2011, 12:27 PM
My boys and I love watching WDW videos on Youtube. Our absolute favorite video is of a family having fun and dancing in WDW. Wolf's Dance Olando! There are several clips from their WDW video on the WDW commercials as well as in the Memories castle show at MK. Love the Wolf Family!

BrerGnat
05-17-2011, 12:27 PM
My kids favorite computer activity is currently watching first person views of Disney roller coasters on YouTube.

In fact, my kids have figured out that they can see videos of anything they want on You Tube. So far, my son has learned how to:

Pick a Lock
Make a fog machine
Bake a red velvet cake
Make banana cream pie

But, back to Disney. :D My favorites are the ones of the resorts. There are some really good "tours" of many of the resorts on property, set to music. Those are enjoyable.

I also like the time lapse videos of the different parks; "A Day At (insert park here)".

MW1218
05-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I like to take in all of the rides that are no longer there, with Journey Into Imagination and Horizons at the top of the list.

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-17-2011, 01:08 PM
@MW1218, I totally agree. I watched both Journey into imagination and Horizons a few weeks ago. Its nice that the old classics are still out there to be viewed.

Hmm that gives me an idea, I tihnk i am going to try to find the original Tiki Bird Show.

Mogie
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Search for:
Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes

The Disneyland Story

Walt Disney's Original Plan for Epcot

The Walt Disney Story

darthmacho
05-17-2011, 01:26 PM
You know what's funny? I'll watch ANY video on YouTube for WDW, including the vacations videos of strangers :blush: IF the video is NOT dubbed over with music. I don't care how sentimental, appropriate, or well done the video may be, I just don't want to watch people walking down Main Street to the tune of "When You Wish Upon a Star." I'm not saying these are bad, or shouldn't be made, I just don't want to watch them, and here's why...

I DO want to watch WDW videos that make me feel like I'm really there, and that includes hearing the background sounds, including ride tracks, area music, and yes, even crowd murmur and silverware tinkling! To me, these are the most immersive videos, that really make me feel "there", even if they have strangers in them. I don't even mind if the people are talking, giving an unofficial voiceover tour, or even chewing, so long as I can see and hear what's going on around them! :mickey:

Does this make sense to anyone else? :confused:

WIMickeymommy
05-17-2011, 02:48 PM
So funny you posted this one. We have been watching over and over with our 14 month twins the D-street Dancing Mickey. My DS 14 month has developed some great moves :mickey2:

We also love the resort videos. Will have to look for Journey and Horizon ones.

Imagineer1981
05-17-2011, 02:57 PM
fyi ...you can find programs online to rip audio from YouTube and make mp3s so you can take the sounds with you on the go!

wdwaggie
05-17-2011, 03:51 PM
My favorites in addition to YouTube is a site called Vimeo. Search Ultimate Horizons Tribute, Ultimate World of Motion, etc...these are done so well with a lead up to the actual ride and then of course the ride through!!! There is even one that goes back and talks about Thunder Mesa planning long before BTMRR and SpM.

Pop Centurion
05-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I like watching rides that are no longer there or previous versions of current ones. I also like watching events like PPP & MVMCP that I never attended.

Jeff Lange always has some good quality vids on the tube.
I've been meaning to upload more of mine but it seems to take longer than I feel like waiting. LOL. I do have Illuminations & Star Tours 1 up though.

SandmanGStefani24
05-18-2011, 12:46 AM
I love watching a ride through of the TTA! Makes me feel like I am there! :cloud9:

my favorite ones too! nothing better than sitting in a dark room at night watching the tta at night videos. almost makes you forget you're at home! :cloud9:

of course im conflicted on this one, since my last ride on pirates was marred by someone filming with a huge viewfinder blinding me and ruining the ride experience...

thought there were rules about this sort of thing...but oh well...

Altair
05-18-2011, 05:28 AM
All time favorite:"Disney approved wardrobe malfunction". This is hilarious.:thumbsup::mickey:

Also check out Martins videos. They are very well done.

Jeddie
05-18-2011, 10:37 AM
This is a great post. I love to watch YouTube for 2 reasons: live concerts of my favorite bands (especially ones I went to) and Disney Parks videos.

I think the resort walkthrough videos are my favorite category, since my favorite video is a well put together montage of Port Orleans Riverside. There's a great collection of bayou driven background music that really matches well with the video clips.

McLiberal8
05-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I like to watch the whole monorail ride on YouTube. I also love the Spaceship:Earth ridethroughs. Almost makes me feel like i'm there - almost. Now they just need 'smell-o-vision' for our computers, and I will be in heaven! I want to smell Rome burning!

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-18-2011, 11:27 AM
A cpl nice short ones are "Boom De Ya Da - Walt Disney World 2009" and "Boom De Ya Da 2- Walt Disney World 2010"
They are nice and short so they load fast and are areally cute I think. Very well sone if you havent seen them before.

WDWfanatic742
05-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Just as a reminder to everyone, any links to YouTube videos will be removed. Also any videos which could be insensitive or offensive to other members will be removed as well.

princessfigment
05-18-2011, 03:23 PM
One of my favorites is the one where a little girl is at the jedi training acadamy abd instead of fighting darf vader se bowed:secret:, much to the horror of the trainer.

MrPeetrie
05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
But, back to Disney. :D My favorites are the ones of the resorts. There are some really good "tours" of many of the resorts on property, set to music. Those are enjoyable.

Thanks for this. I did not know these exist. Also, I am SO glad to find out I'm not the only one checking out Disney ride-throughs.

Enjoy your vacation, by the way!!!!!!!!!!!

BrerGnat
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Enjoy your vacation, by the way!!!!!!!!!!!

I will, thanks!

tmz814
05-18-2011, 08:52 PM
I love watching videos of all the rides that I am too much of a wimp to ride... like splash mountain and space mountain. :blush:

Ryan Towle
05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Why will links be removed? :confused:

WDWfanatic742
05-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Why will links be removed? :confused:

We have a policy on here where we don't allow links to sites that aren't official Disney sites, including YouTube, because we can't check out every single link that would be posted to see if they are family-friendly.

Frog
05-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Just as a reminder to everyone, any links to YouTube videos will be removed. Also any videos which could be insensitive or offensive to other members will be removed as well.

I feel like I got my hand spanked! lol!
Our family does the You tube thing often, and there is some great stuff out there... Anyone know if I can purchase a professionally done video of "The American Adventure" from Epcot's America pavillion? I have searched the Disney store online and get nothing...

AdventurerKim
05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Any videos showing Horizons, the original Imagination, the last show at Comedy Warehouse, and last shows at Adventurers Club. Ah the memories....:cloud9:

DisneyorBust
05-21-2011, 05:40 AM
To DarthMacho:
I agree with you 100%. There is something about hearing the BGM and the various ride/attractions sounds that help me be 'there' when I am enjoying a video of the World. The dubbed music, not so much.

BellesRose
05-22-2011, 11:05 PM
"I wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese...not Disney World!"

It just cracks me up! You have to type that in...I think it's adorable.

If anyone wants to share Disney links with me, feel free to PM me your favorites and I will PM you mine :) If that's allowed!

ransam
05-23-2011, 12:03 AM
these are great.... i can spend all day looking at utube videos.

McLiberal8
05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
There is an awesome YouTube user - SpokesMayne. He has 'interactive' videos. There is one where he walks through all 4 parks, and when he passes an attraction, you can click the screen and 'ride' the attraction with him.
Very cool!

EpcotFan182
05-23-2011, 08:30 PM
My favorite WDW videos are the ones that create the "Disney environment" as I call it. YouTube user MrThemeParkAudios has an extensive collection of music from the Disney parks, I like to play it in the background whenever I need my Disney fix.

WDWLive also has an account which has videos of a certain scene in a park over a period of time. Sometimes I simply like watching them to get me into the Disney spirit :mickey:

squad51
05-23-2011, 11:28 PM
OMG the video of darth dancing to beat it cracked us up. My wife has been watching suprise trips and enguagements.

I watched some of the videos of the marathon. This has inspired me to train for the 2012 half marathon. I dont run and am rather overweight but just seeing the videos has gotten ma to start the prep. I have even been able to view the route to see the terrain so I can maximize my training.

BellesRose
05-24-2011, 01:05 AM
I watched some of the videos of the marathon. This has inspired me to train for the 2012 half marathon. I dont run and am rather overweight but just seeing the videos has gotten ma to start the prep. I have even been able to view the route to see the terrain so I can maximize my training.
That is awesome and may just be the motivation I need! I will have to look for them tomorrow.

ryca1dreams
05-24-2011, 08:07 AM
My favorites in addition to YouTube is a site called Vimeo. Search Ultimate Horizons Tribute, Ultimate World of Motion, etc...these are done so well with a lead up to the actual ride and then of course the ride through!!!

I looked this up and he does a really good job with these. I'm impressed by all the old footage he has and how he edits it all together with the attraction audio. I think they're all under "Nelson Video".

DisneyDINK
05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
My all-time favorite WDW YouTube video is 52 minutes long. If you take your Disney (too) seriously you won't like it, but I think it is hilarious, but you have to stick with it for a while. The trivia questions are really funny, completely bogus, but funny.

PM me if you want the link.

Edenza
05-24-2011, 03:15 PM
My son starts every day by watched bookmarked YouTube videos of WDW rides. He's five and he's practically memorized the Ghost Host spiel.

BellesRose
05-24-2011, 03:35 PM
My son starts every day by watched bookmarked YouTube videos of WDW rides. He's five and he's practically memorized the Ghost Host spiel.
That is so cute!

UCJen
05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I looked this up and he does a really good job with these. I'm impressed by all the old footage he has and how he edits it all together with the attraction audio. I think they're all under "Nelson Video".

I think you might be thinking of Martin's Videos. He has a website and if you google that it will come up. Vimeo hosts his videos. He has loads of videos and they are really well done. He includes exhuastive information and history of the attraction. They're top-rate and I think it's great that he's documenting all of these attractions.

Be careful, it's easy to get drawn in and lose a few hours!

ryca1dreams
05-25-2011, 08:24 AM
I think you might be thinking of Martin's Videos.

You're right. I was thinking of someone else when I wrote this.

Jeddie
05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
There is an awesome YouTube user - SpokesMayne. He has 'interactive' videos. There is one where he walks through all 4 parks, and when he passes an attraction, you can click the screen and 'ride' the attraction with him.
Very cool!

I love that video of his, and all the links to the rides. If you do every one, it's like over an hour I think. He also has a great Disney rap video. Thanks SpokesMayne!:thumbsup:

Dewdrop034
05-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Thank you all for confiming I'm not crazy because I thought I was the only one who did this....my all time fav is a pretty lengthy one of splash mountain. The video goes through the whole ride, zippity doo da playing and a big splash at the end...I love it. There's also a few of Soarin' that just takes me back...minus the pine scent of course.

Kairi_7378
05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Thank you all for confiming I'm not crazy because I thought I was the only one who did this....my all time fav is a pretty lengthy one of splash mountain. The video goes through the whole ride, zippity doo da playing and a big splash at the end...I love it. There's also a few of Soarin' that just takes me back...minus the pine scent of course.

I love this one.

And it's really funny that this topic came up. My DS2 is into trains at the moment so I showed him a POV of EE a week or so ago. He LOVES it and requests this video a few times a week. He talks to people about "the Yeti who tears up the track like THIS" (as he mimics the movie from the coaster) "and then he jumps down!" One of the reasons that we've been waiting so long to take him to WDW is so that he will be old enough to visit the Yeti.

LudwigVonDrake
06-01-2011, 06:06 AM
There's one on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain I love to watch over and over :mickey: