PDA

View Full Version : May7-15 Beach Club - TS Dining Review

Mr_Increddieble
05-17-2011, 10:56 AM
{Rating System is based on the standard DisneyWorld 10 pt. scale. Where 10 is the best you'd expect to find anywhere on site. System factors in overall experience plus post meal idegestion or lack thereof}
Table Service-
La Hacienda (Epcot)- Rating: 7.5
Food: 7 We had the "La Hacienda" Mixed grill offering flank steak, chicken al pastor, chorizo and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsa. The steak was very chewy, the chicken was marinated but not very tasty. Sausage was little links and was fun to eat. Everything was presented well.
Atmosphere: 8 The main dining area is majestic with the wrought iron and tall windows overlooking the lake. Awesome, really. Unfortunately we got stuck in the "dungeon" room off to the side behind the check-in desk.
Service: 9 Got a young "go-getter" w/personality.
'Ohana (Poly)- Rating 10
Food: 10 You know what to expect and they deliver good quality every time. The Pork was especially tender and the Banana Bread pudding dessert was hard to stop eating
Atmosphere: 10 A sunny early evening at the Poly (enough said).
Service: 10 Whatever we needed.
Whispering Canyon (WL)- Rating 8.5
Food: 8 Had the Canyon Skillet. Ribs were good (Cape May Cafes turned out to be better), Chicken was excellent (very tasty), and the Beef was just OK.
Atmosphere: 9 So much fun for the kids.
Service: 10 Waitress was attentive and fun. My nephew broke his brand new die-cast metal monorail (light blue) when we were being seated and the CM who sat us must've told Darlene the manager. She came by about halfway thru the meal and said she heard we had a little accident and then proceeded to reveal a brand new monorail (same model, etc.). Wicked Awesome.
Cape May Cafe (BC)- Rating 9
Food: 9 Quite good really. And we didn't even have any Crab Legs. My brother and his family paid OOP and it is a pricey place to play that way ($36 per adult). Ribs were excellent (at Cape May? I know, right). Mahi and shrimp were quite good.
Atmosphere: 9 Much better than I thought it would be. Light and airy, it felt refreshing just to be in there. Desserts were good, same Choc Chip Cookies as Club Level (I probably had 6 or 7 of those throughout the week).
Service: 9 Veteran Lady provided service with aplomb (ie. removed plates quickly and kept glasses full).
Tutto Italia (Epcot)- Rating 9.5
Food: 8.5 I had the Veal Roast and DW had the Braised Short Ribs (why are the "short" ribs always so long?). My brother had the Lasagna which is always good.
Atmosphere: 8 We were in the back room at a large table so we didn't get the full ambiance of the main room. This worked out however as our waitress had to walk by us everytime she came out the kitchen's back door.
Service: 9.5 A real go-getter with a great Italian accent (the best accent in the world IMHO).
Kona (Poly)- Rating 6.5 (let me explain)
Food: 7.5 I had the NY Strip but I shoulda ordered the Rib-eye. Strip was chewy and not that tasty though it was cooked perfectly (med rare). DW had the Shrimp & Scallops which she enjoyed.
Atmosphere: 7 We were seated just to the left when you walk pat the check-in desk. Not that great a spot if u ask me.
Service: 5 Ugh! Our waiter was seldom seen and really stretched out our meal to an uncomfortable length. Other tables came afterus, finished there meals and got their checks before we got our meal.
Chefs de France (Epcot)- Rating 8
Food: 8.5 I had the Filet which was tender & cooked to perfection though not super tasty. The wife had the "Short" Ribs which were good but not as good as at Tutto. Green beans looked good but tasted less so. Kids offerings were better than most places (nice piece of grilled fish for DS with a heaping helping of macaroni w/red sauce on the side).
Atmosphere: 8 We were in the room to the right that faces the fountain which was nice but the tables are small and closely packed. Overall a nice place to be though.
Service: 7 Nice young lady but still kinda learnin' the ropes.
Rainforest Cafe (AK)- Rating 9
Food: 8 Good breakfast food and good coffee (better than Nescafe).
Atmosphere: 9 I imagine if Disney did the animal animation it would be much better. The fish in the tanks did look kinda real though. A superfun environment for the kids and a great way to start a day at AK.
Service: 8.5 Good solid service.
Via Napoli (Epcot)- Rating 9
Food: 9 Pepperoni pizza was stellar. Sauce and cheese and pepperoni were all good but the crust was excellent. Had the salad for 2 which had black and green olives peppers and tomatoes.
Atmosphere: 8 Not quite as nice as the pictures you've seen. Has more of a cafeteria feel to it than I expected though not overly so. The long center table seemed like the best place to be.
Service: 9 More of a teamwork approach which kept us well watered and free of dirty plates.

BrerGnat
05-17-2011, 12:02 PM
The fish in the tanks did look kinda real though.

Funny! :D

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you had some really good meals! You ate at many of my favorites.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Wonderful reviews thanks

KylesMom
05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
What a wonderful review of some of the more asked about restaurants here on the boards. Love the Food / Atmosphere / Service breakdown.

You sure did eat well on your trip! Thanks for sharing - great post! :wine: