PDA

View Full Version : Dining Solo

Wright46
05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
I will be in the world for a training seminar for a week and wondered if anyone had any tips for good restaurants that have a bar where I can eat? I am staying at the contemporary if that helps.

Also, has anyone else been to a conference by themselves and have any other tips for me?

Scar
05-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Read this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162867) all the way through.

At The Contemporary, Cailfornia Grill has a bar, and another poster said they ordered off The Wave menu. Not sure if that means there is a bar at The Wave, or if it was The Outer Rim lounge.

Wright46
05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks! Great thread. Lots of options now.

Wright46
05-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Does O'hana have a bar to eat at?

faline
05-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Read this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162867) all the way through.

At The Contemporary, Cailfornia Grill has a bar, and another poster said they ordered off The Wave menu. Not sure if that means there is a bar at The Wave, or if it was The Outer Rim lounge.

Yes, the Wave does have a bar. My husband and I were without dinner reservations one evening and ended up eatin at the bar - same menu as in the restaurant. If you want something light, there are also appetizers available at the Outer Rim.

At the Poly, there is a sushi bar.

I believe you can order from private dining at Mizner's at the Grand Floridian.

For light dining, you can get nachos and, I believe, flat breads, at the lounge at Wilderness Lodge.

Mogie
05-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Jiko has a bar area around the kitchen called "the cooking place". This is similar to CA Grills, Chef's Counter but doesnt have the option of the Chef's choice tasting menu. Jiko is awesome, might be a good option for you. But you cannot reserve a seat at the bar, you have to make a normal reservation and just ask at the hostess when you enter.
Other options that come to mind are the restaurants at the Dolphin/Swan, Blue Zoo, Shula's, Mulino, Kimono's. All of these are Non-Themed, Non-Disney restaurants, so they will have normal bars where you can walk up and find an empty seat.

kms1066heb
05-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Narcoossee (sp?) also has a bar and if you time it right, you can watch the Electric Water Pagent and the MK fireworks.

DCDisney
05-19-2011, 03:35 PM
ESPN Club & Beaches N Cream(at the Beach Club) have bars/counters. Food courts are also nice for solo diners. You could try food courts at resorts, or the food court inside The Land Pavillion in Epcot. Some resort bars also have small menus of food (some sandwiches, salads).

Scar
05-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Does O'hana have a bar to eat at?I've never seen one or heard of one. There is a bar right outside of 'Ohana, not sure if they serve any food there. If they do, certainly not 'Ohana food.