PDA

View Full Version : Iphone apps

disneyNmay
05-16-2011, 08:59 PM
What apps do you recommend for traveling to WDW? Is there one that states current wait times?

HoosierDisneyFan
05-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I have a couple of iPhone Apps that list wait times but they either are an estimate based on historical data or based on other guests input who are in the parks as well.

None are "tied into" the Disney system that I know of.

kakn7294
05-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Mods, hope this info is ok! It's official Disney stuff so I'm thinking it is. If not and stuff gets deleted, anyone can PM me for the info.

In Safari, go to the website m.disneyworld.go.com. Once the page opens, click on the square with the arrow in the middle of the taskbar at the bottom of the page. Chooose to bookmark page then everytime you open Safari, you can click on the "book" icon at in that same taskbar to then choose Walt Disney World Resort from the list. This will open a mobile app that has park hours, wait times, fastpass info, character appearances, parade / fireworks times, dining info, etc. It can also link to the full WDW website. It's the official Disney page and best of all, it's free if you don't mind a couple of clicks to get you there.

DAWS
05-17-2011, 12:23 AM
There are a lot of wait time apps out there. The problem is they all dependant on people entering times and there always seems to be a someone that posts a ride as being down when it's not. I personally think the Disney wait time boards that are scattered around are more reliable.

There is a really cool app though called "Disney World Information" it has a turtle as the icon like Turtle Talk. It doesn't give wait times but you can research just about anything in Disney World. Not to toot my own horn but for $1.99 its a bargain! Unfortunately the app is only available for Droid phones. :D

Spartan_Jeff
05-17-2011, 04:42 AM
undercover tourist has a really good Disney wait times and info iPhone app. They have a free version and it rocks!

BrerGnat
05-17-2011, 12:18 PM
The Disney site is probably the most accurate. I use m.disneyland.com often at the parks. They don't break down wait times in actual minutes, though. They will tell you if an attraction is "see now", "moderate demand", or "high demand". I find it very accurate. "See now" translates to wait under 10 min, "moderate demand" are waits 10-40 min, and "high demand" are rides with waits in excess of 45 min.

I have a few wait times apps and have found they are pretty inaccurate, at least at Disneyland. I don't use them often.

crltkcagle
05-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Mods, hope this info is ok! It's official Disney stuff so I'm thinking it is. If not and stuff gets deleted, anyone can PM me for the info.

In Safari, go to the website m.disneyworld.go.com. Once the page opens, click on the square with the arrow in the middle of the taskbar at the bottom of the page. Chooose to bookmark page then everytime you open Safari, you can click on the "book" icon at in that same taskbar to then choose Walt Disney World Resort from the list. This will open a mobile app that has park hours, wait times, fastpass info, character appearances, parade / fireworks times, dining info, etc. It can also link to the full WDW website. It's the official Disney page and best of all, it's free if you don't mind a couple of clicks to get you there.
:thumbsup: Thanks!

disneyNmay
05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
thanks everyone will try next week!