PDA

View Full Version : Would you send a letter?

lylone
05-16-2011, 02:48 PM
My DH and I stayed at the BC May 2-7th. We arrived at about 11am and our room wasn't ready. I asked the CM if the room would be ready before 3p since we had ADRs at the Rose and Crown at 5:15p and he said that there wouldn't be a problem. This was special to us because on our last trip we did the same thing....spent the first night at the Rose and Crown. Well there was a problem and at 3p I went back to the desk and was told the computers went down and that they couldn't tell if our room was ready. We weren't the only folks who were waiting on a room, but we didn't get in the room until 4p and then had to wait for our bags. I had to cancel our ADRs for the Rose and Crown and we ended up eating elsewhere at 6:45p. While at dinner I was talking to another family sitting next to us and found out the same thing happened to them. They were actually given a special car ride from ASMovies and then even given all day FastPasses to the park they were visiting the next DAY! We didn't get anything, but a missed opportunity to relive a fond memory. So, is it even worth writing a letter and complaining to Disney? We did get a survey about our stay but nothing about the service we received, more about where we came from and what kind of $$ we spent while we were there...
SO is it even worth it? :mad:
Lylone

faline
05-16-2011, 02:59 PM
We also checked in on the 2nd. We were told we'd get a voice mail with our room number assignment but that voice mail never came. When we got back to the resort around 4, we checked in with concierge and they explained that they had been unable to get phone messages out that day due to computer issues but they were able to give us our room number. We did have some other impacts from the computer "glitches" but nothing major or that truly impacted our stay.

BraddyB
05-16-2011, 03:07 PM
When you get there at 11 did you check in? If you did you would have atleast had your park tickets. Worst case I would have dealt with the room and luggage when I got back from dinner. I wouldnt have cancelled my dinner because of it.

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
As frustrating as that is, you could have still gone to your dinner even though you didn't have your room yet. I completely understand your frustrations. We had to rush to get ready for our dinner at Ohana's in March because our room wasn't ready till after 4pm. We had let the kids swim while waiting for our room and we all wanted to change/freshen up before our dinner. By the time we got our room, got all the luggage up there, changed, and took WDW transportation we were cutting it very close. All that said I wouldn't have missed the ADR because of the room situation. One way or another we would have taken matters into our own hands and changed the kids in the bathroom and freshened up as best we could, but we would have never canceled our dinner.

One thing I've learned from our WDW stays recently is to never plan an early dinner. I now try to have dinner ADRs around 8ish on our first night so as to give ourselves plenty of time in the event our room isn't ready when expected.

I hope the rest of your stay was magical. If that's your only complaint about your stay then I don't know that I'd send a letter. Not sure what they can do to make you feel better about it now. I don't think it states anywhere that they guarantee your room by a certain time, so not sure what good a letter would do.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I thought check in was at 3pm. If it is bothering you still and you think it will make you feel better, then I say go ahead and write the letter. Just don't do so with any expectations and then you won't be disappointed.

gerald72
05-16-2011, 04:41 PM
The room was only ready an hour late. I don't think you'll be compensated. Like another person said, you could have still gone to the dinner.
And as another person said, next time, to eliminate this, try making a later ADR the first night.

caryrae
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I could see maybe they wanted to maybe change cloths and freshen up before going to there special dinner. I can also see, even though the room was ready only an hour later, that after hearing it happened to another family and they got a special car ride and all day FP's and you did not how that would make you a little upset.

AllDisney
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I would not have cancelled the reservation. As mentioned in previous post.......on the first day make ADR's later in the evening:mickey:

darthmacho
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I say write it. What harm could come from writing the letter? Express your grievance courteously and professionally, expect nothing in return, and who knows, maybe something good will come from it, even if it's just you getting the experience off your chest? :mickey:

greengeen
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I emailed them last year and told them their notification process doesn't work... after we had TWO checkin experiences where we were not notified properly. On one occasion we checked in at 2:00, were told we would be texted, and at 5:00 we went back to the desk (hot and tired from waiting) and were told that our room had been ready for hours. We finally received a text at 9:30pm! Seven and a half hours late!

PLEASE do tell them! I can't believe they haven't fixed this system. The worst part is that they won't even give you a phone number to call and check on the room any more, they insist that you'll receive a text. The address to email is:

[email protected]

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2011, 06:01 PM
PLEASE do tell them! I can't believe they haven't fixed this system. The worst part is that they won't even give you a phone number to call and check on the room any more, they insist that you'll receive a text. The address to email is:

[/email]

Yes, the absolutely will give you a card with the number on it for you to call. As hard as it is to imagine, remember not everyone has cell phones. On our most recent trip in March my husband had messed up his iPhone (he had to go into the ATT store to have everything restored to his phone when we got home from the trip) and my phone battery had died. Without any phone numbers to give them they gave me the card with the phone number to call. They did seem as though they didn't want, but they had no choice as I told them we didn't have a phone for them to send the text to.

I found that a lot of my texts came late while in WDW. I think that has more to do with your carrier and service than Disney just sending the texts late. Not sure there's much they can do about delayed texts.

BrerGnat
05-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry you had to deal with those frustrations on your arrival day. Unfortunately, it seems like it was just out of Disney's control, for the most part. Computer glitches are common and not really anyone's fault. Disney's official check in time is "After 3pm". There is no guarantee that your room will be ready at 3 or 4 or 5. I'm sure the CM meant well when he told you it would likely not be a problem, but he had no way of knowing at 11am that there would be computer issues later in the day.

I can also understand your frustration with hearing how another family got special treatment. However, I can guarantee you that family put up a MAJOR stink, and was given those things to appease them. Be glad that you took the high road here and didn't make a scene. I've seen stuff like that go down, and CMs will do almost anything to diffuse those situations. Some FP and a private ride go a long way...

Take this as a good opportunity to "live and learn" as they say. I'd certainly agree to writing a letter to express your displeasure at the way this was all handled, but just do it from the perspective of "hey, thought you'd like to be aware." And, in the future, pack a change of clothes you can put on when you arrive at WDW, in the event that your room isn't ready, so you will feel nice and fresh when you head out into the parks/out to dinner. You can leave any bags you have with you with bell services to be delivered to your room later.

I also wouldn't have cancelled the ADR. You were already at BC. How difficult would it have been to just walk over to Rose and Crown? :confused: Unless you left out part of the story, I don't understand why you had to miss your ADR. It's not like Rose & Crown is a fancy restaurant with a dress code.

greengeen
05-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes, the absolutely will give you a card with the number on it for you to call. As hard as it is to imagine, remember not everyone has cell phones. On our most recent trip in March my husband had messed up his iPhone (he had to go into the ATT store to have everything restored to his phone when we got home from the trip) and my phone battery had died. Without any phone numbers to give them they gave me the card with the phone number to call. They did seem as though they didn't want, but they had no choice as I told them we didn't have a phone for them to send the text to.

I found that a lot of my texts came late while in WDW. I think that has more to do with your carrier and service than Disney just sending the texts late. Not sure there's much they can do about delayed texts.

OKW REFUSED to give us a number to call. I insisted and they REFUSED.

faline
05-16-2011, 06:24 PM

I have experienced very late arriving voice mails (and not at Disney World) so do belive the responsibility lies more with my carrier than with the sender. I assumed that might have happened in this case so wasn't overly surprised to have not gotten the voice mail with our room number.

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2011, 06:39 PM

Wow, I would have been furious. If a person doesn't have a cell phone how do they find out when there room is ready???? I felt as though they didn't want to give me the number as well, so I do believe you when you say they didn't give it, but as recent as March they indeed do still have a number, as well as a small business card with the number for guests to call. That is what I was given when I told them we did not have a cell phone number for them to text to. I wonder what would have happened if you refused to give them your cell number???

DizneyRox
05-16-2011, 07:55 PM
The old saying, the squeaky wheels get the grease is true in customer service. And lately, I've found it the only way to get much any sort of resolution going with Disney. They are very quick to explain away most situations and not provide any relief. Could be the number of people abusing their hospitality, but kindof bites the people who are really inconvenienced.

In this case however, I don't see much wrong with what was done. Check-in is after 3pm, which really means anytime after, not at the latest 3pm.

A letter writing campaign will probably offer little consolation, and might actually anger you further if you end up getting a response.

catkrazy
05-16-2011, 08:39 PM
I say absolutely! It's worth a try.

BellesRose
05-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I definitely don't blame you for canceling your dinner reservations. Honestly, who wants to leave their luggage in a car or with the front desk when you don't know who will get into it? And even if that's not an issue for you, I understand wanting to take a shower after traveling, or even just getting in the room and making sure it's up to your standards.

I would definitely write a letter, but do not expect anything out of it. I've dealt with MUCH, MUCH worse from Disney, and after very long, very detailed, and very polite letters, I hear "Sorry your experience wasn't so magical..."

And I am sorry that your experience wasn't magical. I'm sorry your first night and tradition was ruined. I understand. If no one else does, I do. I know it's not as good as fastpasses, but hopefully it helps some.

lylone
05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
We did check in online a couple of days before we left and also checked in when we arrived that day. We did leave our luggage with the bellhops and that kind of took awhile to get it to the room as well. I did ask if we could get our luggage while in the lobby and they said that we had to wait till we got to the room. This added more time waiting in the room. We did get a page, but it was right after they told us our room was ready. Yes, we could have gone on to the Rose and Crown and gotten our luggage later, but it was also 89 degrees and with spending four hours in Epcot, we were quite sweaty and needed to shower.
I also think there was a little mix up because they said something about us requesting to have two beds and hence why we got the room we did? Well, the room didn't have two beds. It had a queen, a roll out couch, and a roll out chair. I still don't know where the idea of us needing two beds came from....
I just felt that because we were a couple and not a family with four children that we were treated differently.
And the trip didn't seem to magical.. just staying in a normal hotel room. we may go back to POFQ next time.

DizneyRox
05-16-2011, 10:05 PM
I just felt that because we were a couple and not a family with four children that we were treated differently.
Thats probably the last reason for delaying anything quite honestly. Disney absolutely doesn't discriminate due to family shape/size/color/race/religion. I've found them to be equally inept regardless of those factors. If anything, you may have gotten a new employee who was less beaten down by guests each day and stuck by corporate policy longer. When was in customer services, they didn't pay me enough to take the abuse, and I did everything I could to get those people off my phone.

kakn7294
05-17-2011, 01:00 AM
It certainly won't hurt to write a letter, especially if it makes you feel better and you do so not expecting anything to come of it except that your issue was brought to someone's attention. I've learned over the years to have everything I might need (when flying) for the first day in a carry-on bag. I'm sorry you didn't have a magical first day and cancelled your reservation. I hope the rest of your trip was everything you expected and more.

Fastpasssteve
05-17-2011, 01:06 AM
When I arrive before check-in time, I have no expectation of our room being ready. Our plans reflect that. We usually arrive from the airport at around 10:00 am, get on the Disney's Magical Express, take a short ride to our resort, check in with the desk, and then drop our carry-ons with Bell Services, and proceed to EPCOT, where our first meal is always scheduled for 12 noon.

When we arrive back from our slightly drunken Biergarten adventure, all our luggage, including our carry-ons are waiting for us in our room which is now ready for us.

There is no rule stating that you have to go to your room before you go anywhere else.

Next time, forge ahead. What did you gain by waiting? Frustration. Go. Start your vacation.

Disney-4-Me
05-17-2011, 08:33 AM
I have e-mailed guest services before and always gotten a response, usually by phone. Luckily, I always had positive comments about our stay or specific comments about outstanding castmembers.

We almost always arrive before check in time and leave our bags with bell services without any problem. Then we head to the parks for our day of fun.

I hope this difficult start didn't ruin your vacation for you. It helps to keep a positive attitude and remember that a day at Disney World is still better than a day at work!

I'd write a letter or e-mail with the approach of giving them information about your experience and ways to make guest check-in experiences better. When I choose to complain about something, I always try to give a solution too.

I hope the rest of your vacation was wonderful!:number1:

ChipDale2708
05-17-2011, 11:03 AM
We arrived at the BC on the 5th and had a notification issue as well. When we checked in at 11am the room assigned to us was ready, however it was right in the water view painting zone. The cast member checking us in was great and had us check out the room/view before we officially had the room. It would have been awful! After declining that room, she found one overlooking SAB closer to the Yacht Club. However it didn't have the full balcony we requested. They could move us the following day to a room w/ a full balcony, but for four nights I didn't want to move around. We took this room, but it wasn't ready. She called mousekeeping and had them go to that room next so it would be ready quickly and they would text me when it was. I spent the next four hours staring at my phone waiting for the text - I'm new to the text world and have only had my I-phone a couple of weeks so I didn't want to miss it.

Never receiving anything, at 230p I checked w/ the desk and they said it still wasn't ready. At 4pm I checked again and it was all set. Still never received a text, but when we got to the room, there was a welcome message on our phone that was sent at 245pm. None of this really affected our plans since we were just going to DTD for the evening, but I was annoyed about the communication system.

I haven't decided if it's worth sending an e-mail pointing out our frustration w/ the non-text and the painting project. Everything turned out great and we had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!

BraddyB
05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes, we could have gone on to the Rose and Crown and gotten our luggage later, but it was also 89 degrees and with spending four hours in Epcot, we were quite sweaty and needed to shower.

:confused:

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2011, 05:05 PM
:confused:

My thoughts exactly. People get to the park at opening and stay all day and still have dinner in WS without the need to go back to the room and shower. I'm sure a shower would have been nice, but I still don't see how Disney messed up their Rose and Crown dinner. They were in the park already!!!!!

wmdaddy
05-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I'd write a letter just to vent, but don't expect anything. Disney, as much we all love it, could care less about any of us.

lylone
05-18-2011, 10:52 AM
No this wasn't the fault of Disney that we needed a shower, but I don't know why they couldn't have been more realistic with their communication. CM told us the room would be ready easily by 3p. It wasn't until 4p and we waited in the lobby for it while they had someone go check on the room. Then we had to wait on them to deliver the bags to the room, we could not take them with us when we were in the lobby headed to the room. We spent 3-4 in the lobby and was told our bags would be up quickly within 15 minutes when I called from the room. At 5p we were still in the room waiting for the bags and that is when I cancelled the ADR. We got the bags at 5:15p and this is when our ADR was for. I understand things happen, but they could have communicated more realistically to us. Everything seemed to take WAY longer than promised.
If we would have known all this.. then we would have stayed in the park instead of wasting over 2 hours getting in the room and getting our bags.
Last time we didn't have to be in the room to get the bags. Our room was assigned and bags in our room while we were still in the parks.. I don't know why it is all different now.

BrerGnat
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
I agree that the communication seemed to be very poor indeed. That's very frustrating!

This is just me, but I wouldn't have waited around in the lobby that long. If the meal had been really important to me, I would have just told them "okay, we're leaving for dinner, and I expect our bags in the room upon our return."

I'm not really sure what the whole bag situation was all about. Did you use the Magical Express? If so, then I think there is a policy that the bags must be delivered in room, and they can't give them to you in the lobby. If you had arrived with your bags, and given them to bell services, they would have issued you a ticket, with which you could claim your bags at ANY time at the Bell Services desk.

lylone
05-18-2011, 01:35 PM
We couldn't leave to go to dinner because a CM took my card and went off with it to find out if the room was ready. I told them we had ADRs at 5:15p and we didn't use Magical Express. We checked our bags with bell services when we arrived at 11a and our room wasn't ready. When the lady came back, she gave me my card and then said our room was ready. Then I asked her which room number and then asked about bags. Was told to go to room and call bell services and bags would come up quickly within 15 minutes. Yeah.. that didn't go well either...
Let's just say....I don't think we will do deluxe at BC again because their service was BAD compared to POFQ....

DizneyRox
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I believe if the bags are sent using ME, they can be delivered to the room without you being there. If you check them into Bell Services, you need to be in the room for delivery. They want their tip.

That's really the only difference that I see. This has also been my experience. Used ME once and the bags were in our room at the end of the day. We usually do a town car, and when we go to a park after checking our bags, they make sure we are in the room. They actually have asked, "You're in the room right now?" I think the ME service is hitting the bell hops hard, so when they get somoene who should tip, I think they do their best to make sure they get it. Empty promises, etc aside, most poeple will still tip I'm sure.

jonahbear2006
05-19-2011, 12:00 AM
We always hope and pray to get our room early in the day. Disney can tell if you flew or not and If I flew in, I dont care, however, if I have driven down to florida, I really need my room as soon as possible. I would definitely write a letter bc this would have ruined my entire day. If I had to wait around til 4 to get a room I wouldve had to nap in the lobby. I drive 18 hrs straight through on no sleep. If I dont get a nap before I go to the parks then by that evening, I have been up for 40 hrs straight. I stress this to them on the phone before arrival and only once have we had an issue of not getting our accomodations at 11 or noon. It was at Fort Wilderness and I did, In fact, sleep in the lobby. The upsetting fact was that we had to press and press to get them to give us our site, even at 3, and once we got management he said this site has been ready for hours! It was extremely upsetting! Yes, you couldve gone to dinner, and yes you could have gotten your tickets and said forget the luggage let's just have fun, but the truth of the matter is that you requested your room and were told one thing or another and as far as you are concerned, Disney dropped the ball. In my experience, if you bring it to their attention, they will right the situation. They are an amazing company and we have gotten great responses from emotional complaints. I got a phone call from them on a complaint where she almost had me in tears, explaining our mishap. By then end of the call she offered us free 3 day park hoppers for the entire family and one free night stay. We were MORE than compensated for our troubles!!!

lylone
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Well, we actually flew to Orlando, but still had been up since 4:15a and we had to go another night to Illuminations because we were dead tired after taking a later dinner.
I just wish I was younger and had more energy, but that day felt like we had driven there....
I will go ahead and write a letter this weekend and maybe suggest that they keep people informed of what is going on. We were also in a section that had painting going on and it kind of put a damper on it. Our quick sneaky way to get out of the hotel and get to Epcot was blocked off most of our stay. If I would have known what was really going on, I would have asked for a room change.

BraddyB
05-19-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry but I dont see who Disney wronged you. You went to the parks came back and your room wasn't ready. You didnt have to stay there. You could have went to dinner, you could have saw Illuminations, you decided not to.

Did you talk to the Rose & Crown in person? (Not Disney Dining on the phone) If you explained the situation to them, I am sure they would have made something happen.

If you didnt hear about another family getting extra attention for their trouble, would you really have wrote about this?

When we were on our honeymoon, we got a couple free things as a Congrats. When we talked to another couple on their honeymoon, we found out they were upgraded from a value to a deluxe and got lots of extras. We didnt complain, it's life. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but to get jealous and let it bother you is pretty pointless.

javamama
05-19-2011, 04:56 PM
We had a very similar issue on the 5th at the YC, no call on my cell or dh's....not a good way to start off our trip IMO. The Regatta Club stated they would call us when we checked in with them, and never heard a word. When we returned from MK around 6pm, I asked why were not called like they stated, and they were confused why we weren't.
I can one up the notification issue though.....
the Bus to MK ran out of gas on 5/10 from the YC!!! I still cannot believe this happened and at DISNEY. We were 1 hour and 20 minutes late for our ADR at the GF:mad::mad::mad:
Plus with what the driver said was even worse.
I'm very disappointed, and amazed this happened.

BrerGnat
05-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I can one up the notification issue though.....
the Bus to MK ran out of gas on 5/10 from the YC!!! I still cannot believe this happened and at DISNEY. We were 1 hour and 20 minutes late for our ADR at the GF:mad::mad::mad:
Plus with what the driver said was even worse.
I'm very disappointed, and amazed this happened.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

How in the world does that happen? Isn't there a fuel gauge on the bus? Was that driver completely not paying attention to the dashboard? Man, I wouldn't want to be riding on a bus with such an oblivious driver...

That is awful.

brivers222
05-20-2011, 11:02 AM
When you get there at 11 did you check in? If you did you would have atleast had your park tickets. Worst case I would have dealt with the room and luggage when I got back from dinner. I wouldnt have cancelled my dinner because of it.

n/m didn't notice page to on my phone lol

Aurora
05-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm also not trying to hijack the thread, but for people who are saying they couldn't get the phone number to call to see whether their room was ready, I'm a little confused about this.

Can't you just call the hotel directly? All the resorts have their number listed without having to go through reservations. I've called the resorts directly many times. Am I missing something? :confused:

lylone
05-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Javamama,...
Yep, you definitely have one up on me on that. I would have called a taxi and got a receipt and made them pay it. I guess we both just expect more for the $$ we paid staying at a Deluxe Resort. I am going to write a letter this weekend and give them some ideas about improving their service when their computers go down. Give mousekeeping supervisors cell phones or something!

BrerGnat
05-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Javamama,...
Yep, you definitely have one up on me on that. I would have called a taxi and got a receipt and made them pay it. I guess we both just expect more for the $$ we paid staying at a Deluxe Resort. I am going to write a letter this weekend and give them some ideas about improving their service when their computers go down. Give mousekeeping supervisors cell phones or something!

Good for you!

What I've always wondered is, why all the secrecy about the room numbers? Why can't they just give that out when you check in? We don't have this issue when we visit non-Disney hotels. Why would it be so bad if the guests could go up to the room to see if it's done yet or not? If you go up and the housekeeper is still there, or the room isn't ready, at least you know the status. I hate having to depend on the "notification" system. Clearly, it's flawed.

crltkcagle
05-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow that really stinks. I would write a letter after all it couldn't hurt anything right? I know my voicemails were delayed while there last year. I kept checking my phone for the text to say my room was ready. I finally did get it.... that night while sleeping in the bed in our room! LOL I just called POR and asked if our room was ready and it was. I do wish the check in time was earlier but that also means check out time would be earlier and we definitely don't want that! :D

buzznwoodysmom
05-20-2011, 04:47 PM
What I've always wondered is, why all the secrecy about the room numbers? Why can't they just give that out when you check in?

Natalie on some trips we have been given our room number. I've always wondered the same thing when at some resorts they act like our room number is top secret info, yet at other resorts we are given our room number at check in, even when the room isn't ready yet. I know for sure, as recent as last Oct., we were given our room number at POFQ. I know this because we went up to see where our room was located, then I watched as the housekeeper worked her way to our room from a lounge chair by the pool as my kids swam.

BrerGnat
05-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Natalie on some trips we have been given our room number. I've always wondered the same thing when at some resorts they act like our room number is top secret info, yet at other resorts we are given our room number at check in, even when the room isn't ready yet. I know for sure, as recent as last Oct., we were given our room number at POFQ. I know this because we went up to see where our room was located, then I watched as the housekeeper worked her way to our room from a lounge chair by the pool as my kids swam.

Lack of consistency. We were given our room number MANY years ago at POR before it was ready, but since then, it's been top secret until such a time as Disney sees fit to tell us. It's so weird...

gerald72
05-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Last time we didn't have to be in the room to get the bags. Our room was assigned and bags in our room while we were still in the parks.. I don't know why it is all different now.[/QUOTE]

If you had stayed in Epcot and not cancelled your ADR, your bags would have been waiting for you in your room again when you got there

peemagg
05-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Does the BC have 2 different check-in times? I know that the check-in time for the DVC resorts (which Beach Club is one of) is 4 pm not 3 pm like at other non-DVC resorts.

I just thought that this might be part of the issue with the time the room was ready.

KatrinaJ91
05-21-2011, 12:53 PM
When I arrive before check-in time, I have no expectation of our room being ready. Our plans reflect that. We usually arrive from the airport at around 10:00 am, get on the Disney's Magical Express, take a short ride to our resort, check in with the desk, and then drop our carry-ons with Bell Services, and proceed to EPCOT, where our first meal is always scheduled for 12 noon.

When we arrive back from our slightly drunken Biergarten adventure, all our luggage, including our carry-ons are waiting for us in our room which is now ready for us.

There is no rule stating that you have to go to your room before you go anywhere else.

Next time, forge ahead. What did you gain by waiting? Frustration. Go. Start your vacation.

I totally agree! No matter what time we arrive, we usually head out immediately to the parks and start our vacation! On that first night, we are usually so excited to be there, we don't return to our room until after fireworks!!

javamama
05-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Let me know how your response goes, I'm debating on writing a letter still on our deal with the bus still. No one can believe it when I tell them the story still....service is slipping it seems like.

Stitch98
05-21-2011, 05:19 PM
I am sorry your day and dinner didn't go as planned, I hope it your trip goes better!:mickey3:

Mickey91
05-24-2011, 12:47 AM
I could see maybe they wanted to maybe change cloths and freshen up before going to there special dinner. I can also see, even though the room was ready only an hour later, that after hearing it happened to another family and they got a special car ride and all day FP's and you did not how that would make you a little upset.

Except that is the way unexpected magic happens at Disney. Many times I read about people making their accommodations at a value or moderate resort and get to upgrade to a deluxe or sometimes even a presidential suite. This has never happened to me. But I'm not going to write a letter to complain.

For whatever reason, a CM decided to compensate one couple and another CM chalked it up to a computer glitch and the fact that check in is at 3:00 or after. Disney makes it very clear that you can check in and go to the parks and call later to get your room number. Though it wouldn't have been their ideal dinner to go without freshening up, it can be done (and often is). I just don't see where there is anything to write about.

lylone
05-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, we were already at the parks, but went to check on our room and then was stuck for 45 minutes while they went to check the room, then another to go to room and get our bags. If I would have known that this would have taken until 5p to accomplish then we would have stayed in the parks.
And yes, you have to be in your room to get your bags. When we called to get them the first question they asked is IF we were in our room. The person who brought us our bags even had to go through a speech about where the coffee maker and iron was and etc.
To me the situation was handled badly from the time we asked if our room was ready.
The communication was horrible and wondered why they didn't offer another room that was ready and to have our bags follow us up to the room. That would have helped!

DizneyRox
05-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Last time we didn't have to be in the room to get the bags. Our room was assigned and bags in our room while we were still in the parks.. I don't know why it is all different now.

If you had stayed in Epcot and not cancelled your ADR, your bags would have been waiting for you in your room again when you got there
Only bags that come from Magical Express (checked bags) are automatically delivered to the room without you having to be present. If you check bags yourself at bell services, they want you in the room so they can collect their tip.

Georgesgirl1
05-24-2011, 11:13 AM

Are you serious? What about people who don't have phones because they are traveling overseas or have texting turned off on their phones like DH and I do? Next time just tell them your phone doesn't have texting capabilites and they will have to give you a number!

Georgesgirl1
05-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Oh and I would write and letter to let them know that the system failed you, but I wouldn't expect to get too much out of it. Honestly, it is nice if they do something, but it is crazy to get a private car and all day fast passes just because a room was delayed?! I agree with the pp that those people must have completely lost it on a CM to get all of that when the computers were down.
I wouldn't have personally cancelled my ADR's. We have been to many WS eateries after 10 hours in the park and have never felt out of place, but that was your call to make. I am sure if you called Rose and Crown and explained to them what had happened they would have been more than willing to get you another ADR at a later time even if the system said they were booked up.

buzznwoodysmom
05-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I am sure if you called Rose and Crown and explained to them what had happened they would have been more than willing to get you another ADR at a later time even if the system said they were booked up.

I'll second this suggestion. In the future you should try to have someone help you with contacting the restaurant about being late for an ADR. In Oct. we took the haunted carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness. Our driver was having trouble with the CD player or whatever she was using for the "story". Our carriage ride ended up being delayed and I expressed my concern that we'd be late for our ADR at Whispering Canyon. They were more than willing to make sure we would still be seated even if we were late. Told me "no problem, we'll call WCC and let them know you guys will be late, that its beyond your control, and you will still be able to have your dinner there". When we arrived at WCC, on time, they were surprised we were on time since they were expecting us to be late. Most of the time if you politely express your concerns about these kinds of things, they can and will try to help you. Just something to keep in mind if you find yourself in this situation again.

ransam
05-25-2011, 12:33 AM
If i understand your email correctly then i wouldn't write a letter. From what i can see it wasn't anyone's fault, just a computer problem. Unless they were rude to you, then i'd write.

back in 2005 i went w/ a buddy, and we got there early. he took a cab to go to universal, and i hung out at the hotel. they said a room would be ready at 1pm...but it wasn't. they gave me a number to call to check if it was ready, at 3pm, check-in time, it still wasn't ready. i remember it was hot, i was in the snack bar, and all i wanted was to change and go swimming... finally about 5pm it was ready. It wasn't anyone's fault, it just happened.
what i learned is since then, i've brought everything i thought i would need in my carry on!

Figaro
05-25-2011, 02:31 AM
My DH and I stayed at the BC May 2-7th. We arrived at about 11am and our room wasn't ready. I asked the CM if the room would be ready before 3p since we had ADRs at the Rose and Crown at 5:15p and he said that there wouldn't be a problem. This was special to us because on our last trip we did the same thing....spent the first night at the Rose and Crown. Well there was a problem and at 3p I went back to the desk and was told the computers went down and that they couldn't tell if our room was ready. We weren't the only folks who were waiting on a room, but we didn't get in the room until 4p and then had to wait for our bags. I had to cancel our ADRs for the Rose and Crown and we ended up eating elsewhere at 6:45p. While at dinner I was talking to another family sitting next to us and found out the same thing happened to them. They were actually given a special car ride from ASMovies and then even given all day FastPasses to the park they were visiting the next DAY! We didn't get anything, but a missed opportunity to relive a fond memory. So, is it even worth writing a letter and complaining to Disney? We did get a survey about our stay but nothing about the service we received, more about where we came from and what kind of $$ we spent while we were there...
SO is it even worth it? :mad:
Lylone

It never hurts to write a letter. Also, believe it or not, every letter and guest comment that is sent in is filtered thru to every level so everyone sees it. Our local manager or supervisor/coordinator prints them off for us and hangs them all up in our CM areas to be read. I've read hundreds of them myself, and they do have an effect on the way the area operates and in general overall. Careful attention is payed to negative feedback so it can be improved.

lylone
05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
See that is part of the problem... there were so many things that WE could have done that could have been suggested but they weren't. If WE would have known that getting the room and getting our bags would have taken two hours then WE would have avoided the situation.

Was it our fault the computers went down and that it took 2 hours for them to find us a room and get us our bags?

Did the CM offer to call the Rose and Crown, or did they even suggest us to call them and see if they could work us in later? NO.

They are the deluxe resort and we paid for a certain level of customer service and in my opinion...they failed.

Instead of offering ideas to help, we got excuses. Being a paying customer I should be helped!

lylone
07-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello again,
Well I did write the letter and received a response. I got a phone call from a live person and we spoke about 45 minutes about the experience. One issue was that they had actually paged my home phone number instead of my cell phone when the room was ready! They had my cell as a backup number and there was no record of them sending a page to that number. Yeah, that was a messup.
I am really glad that I wrote the letter and they definately were concerned and are making things right. Thanks for all your insight guys!

brownie
07-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Good to hear that you heard back from Disney.