PDA

View Full Version : New castle show and holiday lights

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2011, 11:17 AM
I was just thinking about something. The last few times we visited WDW around the holidays we really enjoyed the castle light show. This year we LOVED the new "Memories" castle show. Does anyone know if they'll be able to do both during the holiday season? From what I remember the holiday light show was done around 6pm, and the new show is a few mintues before Wishes. Timewise I guess it would work. I'm just wondering if having all the lights strung on the castle would mess up the projections from the new show?

JPL
05-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I doubt they will be able to do the show with the lights on the Castle my guess is that they will put the show on hold when they start installing the lights until they remove the lights sometime in January.

BrerGnat
05-16-2011, 02:21 PM
That's a good question. The fact that this show didn't start until AFTER they finished with the holiday celebrations this year might indicate that you can't have both at the same time.

I guess only time will tell. However, it might be worth noting that at Disneyland, they do this show on the Small World facade, which has lights on it year round. It still works there, so maybe they will be able to do it on the castle with lights as well.

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Don't they have some minor projections on the castle during Wishes? I believe they still do those during the holidays when the lights are up.

Fastpasssteve
05-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Can't wait to see the photos on the castle this coming July. It looks really cool on the internet.