PDA

View Full Version : Transportation at the Poly

EpcotFan182
05-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi all

I'll be staying at the Poly club level this coming August - it's my first time staying at the Poly and I'm super excited!

I'm trying to figure out the best ways to get to the parks from our room (which I think will be in the Hawaii building?). Do you think it's better to walk to the TTC and catch the monorail to Epcot from there or take the monorail to the TTC and transfer? Also, to get to DHS and AK would it be better to take the bus directly from the Poly or to walk to the TTC and take it from there?

Thanks in advance for your help! :mickey:

A Big Kid
05-15-2011, 06:55 AM
To get to the MK, it is probably quicker to take the hotel monorail.

To get to Epcot, I think the TTC monorail is quicker. It might be a longer walk to the GCH station, but then you don't have to factor in the switching of monorails.
It would definitely be quicker to catch the bus to other parks at the hotel.

deedeebee
05-15-2011, 10:03 AM
We will be staying at the Poly in 28 days, club level as well, we go MK boat launch, Epcot TTC, and the for the others it's the bus.:thumbsup:

DisneyDINK
05-15-2011, 10:49 AM
You'll save a TON of time walking to the TTC to get to Epcot. If you take the Resort Monorail from the Poly you have to stop at the GF, the MK and the CR before you get to the TTC. As for the MK, it is really a matter of preference. I like to take the boat, but the monorail is quick.

Polynesian Dweller
05-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Yes, you will be in the Hawaii building. It's about 5 min walk to the TTC from there and another couple to the Epcot monorail. If you take the resort monorail it would be about 20 min to the TTC if there is no wait at Poly. The TTC is the 4th stop from the Poly. Walking is the way to go to the TTC.

You have 4 options for MK.
1. The resort monorail from the Poly, stops at GF first.
2. The express monorail from the TTC.
3. The ferries from the TTC.
4. The Poly resort launch

We prefer 4 because it's different and goes directly to MK. We've done all and each has it's advantages. Still, the launch for us.

I'd say for the other parks, take the bus at the Poly stop. It's right beside the Neverland Club.

Keneva
05-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Try the launch. After ignoring it the first two stays, we really started to get into it for the MKs.:mickey:

Disney-4-Me
05-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Early in the vacation, we walk to the TTC but later in the vacation we ride the monorail to save the feet! We view the monorail as an attraction anyway!:blush:

minnie-mouse
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I say walk to TTC, it is a short walk but a nice way to see the resort and enjoy the lush landscaping and surroundings. Great way to start your morning.