PDA

View Full Version : Just back from AK!

MickeyMousse
05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
My DH surprised me with a stay at AK last weekend. We haven't been back there in years and I was a bit hesitant but have to tell you that we loved it! We were in Jambo House, 5th floor Savannah view. The 1BR was huge-we were thrilled with all of the space. Our DS's were like kids in a candy shop:they loved the huge balcony, great view and IMHO not having to share the sofa bed! My youngest slept in the pull out chair and was very comfortable. The only downfall for us were the restaurants-the food just wasn't our style. But we happlily boarded the bus to the Marketplace and ate there instead. We usually stay for at least a week and do simple cooking, so the restaurants wouldn't hold me back from going back there for our next vacation.:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
05-14-2011, 03:38 PM
AKL is probably the best Deluxe on property as far as hotels go. Love it, have trouble staying anywhere else.

AllDisney
05-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Of all the places we've stayed, so far, it's our favorite:thumbsup:

faline
05-14-2011, 04:57 PM
We just got back on Thursday from a stay in a one bedroom on the 5th floor in Jambo House. Wonder if we were there at the same time?

JPL
05-15-2011, 12:21 AM
After staying at AKL I find it difficult to stay anywhere as else as well. I love getting up and watching the animals and the atmosphere of the place. I keep saying I want to stay other places but AKL has become my home away from home.

DizneyFreak2002
05-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Is Jambo House really OK??? I have the treehouses booked for my week in October, but I want to really stay in AKL... I want Kidani, but Kidani is booked solid... They have Jambo House available... Anything you can give me about Jambo House would be appreciated....

Belle_0717
05-15-2011, 07:26 AM
DH and I stayed in the Jambo House in 2008 as they were building Kidani. We want to take our girls back there to see the animals and they have a lot of kid activities too (which us big kids joined in on). We would prefer to stay at the Jambo House. We liked the proximity to everything. DH & I are going back to the resort for anniversary dinner at Boma in October.

DizneyRox
05-15-2011, 09:21 AM
If you want quiet, then Jambo House isn't the best location (for AKL that is). It's been quite packed and loud in recent trips. I think everyone else has discovered the hotel and it's become a favorite.

Other than that, Jambo is a great place to stay. Restaurants and gift shop are second to none, activities are great as well. The pool area is a little boring, but staying at AKL, you can hop over to the Kidani pool and enjoy that as well.

vizsla
05-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time.:thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
05-15-2011, 12:17 PM
We just got back on Thursday from a stay in a one bedroom on the 5th floor in Jambo House. Wonder if we were there at the same time?

We were there for only one night, Tues 5/10. It was well worth it! We were in 5235. Where were you? :mickey:

MickeyMousse
05-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Is Jambo House really OK??? I have the treehouses booked for my week in October, but I want to really stay in AKL... I want Kidani, but Kidani is booked solid... They have Jambo House available... Anything you can give me about Jambo House would be appreciated....

I have to agree that Jambo House definitely has a "hussle and bustle" atmosphere, but we weren't bothered by it in the least. Our room was so far removed from the lobby, noise was minimal. The decor and architecture of the lobby and outdoor areas were great. My DS's loved looking at everything and we had to pry them away from the rocking chairs around the indoor fire pit so we could pack! My only reasons for not going back would be the restaurants and distance from the attractions. However, I would cook a bit more so cross off the restaurants and as for transportation I would just have to deal with the longer commutes. Also, we are Epcot people and like to end our days there, so it would be a change for us......but change can sometimes be good!:thumbsup: Now to talk DH into it....ha!

MinnieMommie
05-16-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm glad you like the AK 5th Fl savanna view room. I too have stayed on that fl with that view and truly find it relaxing and beautiful.

Our family prefers Jambo House for a variety of reasons but everyone is different. I like to be able to have the peaceful room (with a view) and then be able to go to the lobby and have so much life and activity around me.

When we have stayed at AKL we have had a car. That has made getting around easier. It's helpful having a kitchen when staying somewhere where the food options are not to your taste. Just wondering if you have tried The Mara? :mickey:

MickeyMousse
05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm glad you like the AK 5th Fl savanna view room. I too have stayed on that fl with that view and truly find it relaxing and beautiful.

Our family prefers Jambo House for a variety of reasons but everyone is different. I like to be able to have the peaceful room (with a view) and then be able to go to the lobby and have so much life and activity around me.

When we have stayed at AKL we have had a car. That has made getting around easier. It's helpful having a kitchen when staying somewhere where the food options are not to your taste. Just wondering if you have tried The Mara? :mickey:

We did go down to The Mara to check out breakfast but it was too crowded and we ordered room service instead (which was pricey but delicious and alot of food). I would definitely try The Mara...the food selections for breakfast were good (platters/eggs/sandwiches/fruit/cereal) and decent prices. :D

GothMickey
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
When you say "hustle and bustle" you refer to the lobby, not the hallways leading to your rooms?

faline
05-18-2011, 01:50 PM
We were there for only one night, Tues 5/10. It was well worth it! We were in 5235. Where were you? :mickey:

We were in 5453.

faline
05-18-2011, 01:52 PM
When you say "hustle and bustle" you refer to the lobby, not the hallways leading to your rooms?

Some of the hallways can have a lot of foot traffic particularly the hallways located closest to the lobby area. We had to walk by quite a number of rooms before we got to the elevator to take us to our floor.

magicof2
05-24-2011, 09:19 AM
glad to hear u had a great time!!!