PDA

View Full Version : Something different

crltkcagle
05-14-2011, 10:53 AM
I know this topic has been discussed before but I would like to get some new fresh ideas. What is something different you do in the parks. We have found the key in the muppet lab, we have done the hidden mickeys and we plan on looking for paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island. What other ideas or secrets do you do or know about?

darthmacho
05-14-2011, 11:18 AM
It's not so much a secret, but I like to look for things that I find amusing, though I suspect aren't always intended to be, like the murals inside Pinocchio Haus, my favorite being one that says "little wooden head" as the caption. Another example are the portraits of Brer's Rabbit, Fox and Bear inside the tunnel as you get to the loading area of Splash Mountain. Those captions are funny too...:mickey:

DAWS
05-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I wish I had more time to write - but here are a few quick ones:
Epcot - Take photos in poses/hats/with props from each country in the World Showcase (and you can even enjoy a beverage/snack in each country as you go). Be sure you have tried a Kim Possible Mission - they are really fun.
Animal Kingdom - I like the previous poster's comment about funny captions. Check out the posters inside of "It's Tough to be a Bug".
Hollywood Studios - Find the umbrella that "rains" on the Streets of America. This one seems to be on/off at different times, but last time we were there, it was working.

I'll write more later, but this will get you started.

crltkcagle
05-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes we have done Kim Possible in Epcot and the singing in the rain umbrella. Those are great ideas! Thanks and keep em coming. :D

dmallan
05-14-2011, 07:57 PM
There are several great books out there that talk about those types of hidden secrets.
I just bought The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World after hearing about it from someone on another board. Lots of fun things to look for now! Like...

Inside Sir Mickey's Shop, Willie the Giant is lifting the roof looking for Mickey.

Living with the Land's, giant tomato tree, which is a Guiness Book of World records holder, yielding 32,000 tomatoes in one year.

Before leaving the Pixar Studios area on your way to the Streets of America, look at the poster advertising Toy Story Midway Mania hanging from the light fixture. The poster's frame is made from used popsicle sticks, stained so you can tell what flavor each of them was.

Can't wait to look for these and many more!

magicalmom
05-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Catch as many live performances as possible - these are marvelous professionals, well-trained actors/musicians/dancers. The WDW live performances are, at a minimum, diverting and charming, and at best truly fine.

Sylvia
05-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Catch as many live performances as possible - these are marvelous professionals, well-trained actors/musicians/dancers. The WDW live performances are, at a minimum, diverting and charming, and at best truly fine.

I totally agree with this suggestion. Too many guests are so focused on rushing from one attraction to another, they miss some great live entertainment. I've spent many days enjoying a variety of live performances, and I'll be doing it again in September.:thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
05-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Oh my...there are so many "little things" to see, find and do @ WDW. The Hidden Magic book is good reading for these. As we've gotten older and been as many times as we have, it seem each year we're able go at a lttle slower pace, and explore a little more. And that in itself is magic! One thing we always wanted to do was the Keys Tour but had to wait til DD was 16. Well, we finally did in Oct. 2010 and even thought it was quite long and alot of walking, it was AWESOME. For someone like me who loves to see "how things work", I couldn't have asked for better!

EpcotFan182
05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
This isn't really a secret, but a few years back I decided to watch all of the films in the WS countries after overlooking them for a number of trips. They were really interesting, if you haven't tried them yet I highly recommend them. :mickey:

crltkcagle
05-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I do love the live performances. We were in Frontierland one day and a little trio came out and started performing with banjos. My boys loved it! I think we were the only ones who were actually watching them. Everyone else was just walking past. I hope we can catch some more things like this on our next trip.

LudwigVonDrake
05-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Read the stuff on the bulletin boards in the inner wait area in Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (with the TVs that give you the text number and code word to use). Funny stuff.

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2011, 08:34 PM
have you ever done a scavenger hunt? They are alot of fun! I found one online a few years ago and made up a notebook for both of my daughters which they carried around everywhere! Most things were to answer questions, but there were a few things they had to find. I might have to do that again the next time we go....it was a blast!

Bellerella
05-15-2011, 10:40 PM
My favorites are the little surprises that you walk into. On our last trip, we encountered DeVine at Animal Kingdom, and that was so cool! There are also neat little shows, like at World Showcase. We happened to see the chair climbing act at France, and the mini-theatre act in the UK.

ransam
05-16-2011, 12:35 AM
in the que waiting for the theatre to open for the Muppet show there is a fish net w/ a bunch of cubes of gellitan. So it's a "a net full of Jello" get it? Annette Funichello.