The INTERCOT Insider Live - Episode 15May 9, 2011“Duffy in a Speedo”

This isn’t sports radio.

INTERCOT got invited to the Star Tours 3D Grand Opening and Media Event

Whats a wattle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattle

Mel Cylon’s out

Disneyland Jedi Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mK7dzyUkM

Everest Challenge and Animal Kingdom after dark

Tour de Kingdom

Pirates Updates - Blackbeard played by Ian McShane taking the place of Davy Jones on the “mist wall” only thru the summer. Angelica now in the parks

The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Attraction - Ian’s building it…

Brazil Pavillion in Epcot & Giftshop. Duffy in a speedo.

New print of France film

British Invasion is gone - replaced by English Channel

Inferno Barge under rehab @ Illuminations

Calling the phone booths in the UK

Gary wants a refund of his childhood because he spent years thinking Henry Winkler was cool.* TV as kids.

Offbeat things you like to do around Disney World.

INTERCOT’s Best Of - Dark Ride - We discuss what is a dark ride and go to the Dark Ride Enthusiast site for clarification: http://www.dafe.org

Universal announcing a new attraction to replace Jimmy Neutron next week.

Cruise Line Enhancements

Wine and Cheese Tasting at Jiko

AMC Theatre - Dine In

Pixar Weekend

Vinylmantion Redux

Favorite Fantasyland Attraction?* Odd Results.

Ian and John want a snack bar in the lobby of Philharmagic.

>> LISTEN / DOWNLOAD HERE! (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-15.asp)

dpamac
05-14-2011, 11:07 PM
FYI--I'm not, nor have I ever been, a copywriter or copy editor. Though I do work in publishing.

Thank you and here's my address.*

*This is a highly localized joke.

Ian
05-15-2011, 08:43 AM
FYI--I'm not, nor have I ever been, a copywriter or copy editor. Though I do work in publishing.You write a blog, don't you? More than one?

Ergo you're a copywriter. :razz:

dpamac
05-15-2011, 10:14 AM
You write a blog, don't you? More than one?

Ergo you're a copywriter. :razz:

I drive a car too. Does that make me a race car driver?

Ian
05-15-2011, 12:35 PM
I drive a car too. Does that make me a race car driver?Well I've heard stories .... :car:

dpamac
05-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Well I've heard stories .... :car:

What, that I had a faster time that John? Yes, that's true.

Ian
05-15-2011, 06:11 PM
What, that I had a faster time that John? Yes, that's true.Exactly. So you're a racecar driving copywritereditor.

John
05-15-2011, 06:34 PM
He went second and knew the time to beat. Just sayin..... :car:

caryrae
05-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Exactly. So you're a racecar driving copywritereditor.

Hope he doesn't copywrite while driving.

AgentC
05-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I have been lurking on the INTERCOT boards since 2006, but the podcasts and Twitter feeds have made me come out of hiding.

The podcasts are perfect to listen to when I have a long drive or a quiet day at work.

This is episode was perfecting timing for me. We are heading over this week and I was starting to feel bored with our normal Disney routine. Now, I think I am going to check into renting a boat or surrey bike at POR.

Thanks

John
05-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback Agent C.

wildernesslady
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I just listened to the podcast. Another great one. It was funny to hear the reference to the Montgomery Mall. I grew up there and cannot walk by the Disney store without going in. It gives me that taste of Disney when I know I wont be there for awhile. Thanks for another great one.

BrerGnat
05-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Good show team! I enjoyed listening to your ramblin's. :mickey:

Peter Pan is the king of all Fantasyland Dark rides! Long live Peter Pan!!

Maybe next podcast, you can mention how there is NO love for Duffy at Disneyland resort. It's pathetic, really. Poor Duffy...:D

Carol
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe next podcast, you can mention how there is NO love for Duffy at Disneyland resort. It's pathetic, really. Poor Duffy...:D

Seriously? I beg to differ.

My girlfriend bought a Duffy in December (the great big one) and she was about mobbed by visitors asking questions about him? He went everywhere with us. He even rode the rides. The CMs had a blast with him.

He was the first Duffy to dine at the Blue Bayou and Ralph Brennans.

BrerGnat
05-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Well Carol, I have the benefit of frequent visits and I NEVER see anyone with Duffy. There are tons of them sitting on the shelves in the toy stores, along with all his outfits. No shortages there.

The saddest thing is the Duffy Meet & Greet/Souvenir Shop across from Ariel's Grotto in DCA. I was there a couple weeks ago on Mother's day. DCA was PACKED...Duffy was out with a CM...NO ONE was stopping there. People just walked on by. Duffy was waving pathetically at the passersby. No one was in the shop. I felt bad for the CM there. He looked SO bored. I had to sort of giggle about it.

Perhaps you got so much attention with your Duffy because NO ONE ever buys one and brings it to the restaurants. ;)

I don't think it's catching on here at all, that's all I meant.

I think it was way more popular back in 2003/2004 when it was just The Disney Bear. I remember wanting to buy one when my first son was born, and by the time I got around to it, they were all sold out.

Melanie
05-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think it's catching on here at all, that's all I meant.

I actually find that really surprising, as I'd think Japanese visitors would be all over it.

BrerGnat
05-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I actually find that really surprising, as I'd think Japanese visitors would be all over it.

That's what I thought too! I expected it to be HUGE here. Maybe since it's not novel for them, they don't care about it here. I bet Duffy has WAY more apparel in Japan.

For what it's worth, I live in a city with a large Asian population. I've never seen a Duffy outside of the Disney parks. Hello Kitty is MUCH more prevalent here. I see that merchandise numerous times, every day.

Melanie
05-18-2011, 09:06 PM
That's what I thought too! I expected it to be HUGE here. Maybe since it's not novel for them, they don't care about it here. I bet Duffy has WAY more apparel in Japan.

That could be, although I don't remember seeing tons of apparel there. Just tons of Duffy's! My thought would be that 'everything Duffy' would be so much cheaper here than what they are used to.

Carol
05-19-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with how many times you visit. No one knew who he was! That is poor marketing on DLs part.

I actually find that really surprising, as I'd think Japanese visitors would be all over it.They were Mel and many were headed over to CA to purchase him after questioning Cheryl. In fact so was Linda's daughter.

The problem I saw was no one knew where to get him. This was especially true with the CMs throughout Magic Kingdom. They seemed clueless from park to park.

darthmacho
05-19-2011, 04:29 PM
I own two teddy bears, one named Boon, that I got while on vacation in Maine, and one named Binky that I got while on vacation in New Hampshire. Is it time to add Duffy to the mix? ;)

Great podcast, and thanks again for helping me get through another work shift...:mickey:

Ian
05-21-2011, 09:42 PM
It was funny to hear the reference to the Montgomery Mall. I grew up there and cannot walk by the Disney store without going in.I was Cast there for a little while ... maybe I waited on you. ;)

MickeysEars
06-13-2011, 01:03 PM
ok, first off, the FONZ is/was cool, well until about season 8...after Richie left he had to be the Moral compass and after a while it was creepy to see a man his age snap his fingers for a kiss...but seasons 1-8 COOL! :twocents::silly:
Next, I think a dark ride is NOT just because it is in the dark, by that definition any ride can be a dark ride...
The classic dark rides count...Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Snow White...Rockn' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, those are THRILL rides, there is a difference. Pirates, Small World...BOAT rides...Splash Montain...FLUME ride. Catorgorizing any ride in the dark as a dark ride is too broad...again MY opinion, that's all.
I just started listening, I have only listened to the 2 most recent and love them. Although, I need to restrain myself from trying to insinuate myself into the conversation through the computer...:rotfl::blah:
Soooo fun you guys, thanks!!