PDA

View Full Version : Is your spouse/significant other a Disney fan too?

BWayGrl
05-13-2011, 03:53 PM
My fiance enjoys Disney World....every once in a while. We've been to WDW once together, and DLR once (where he proposed!) in the 5 years we've been together. He knows that I love it, but he definitely gets sick of hearing my plans for future trips. I would go to Disney World every year if possible, but he thinks I go too much, and he would like for us to travel to other places. He has had fun on both trips, but he's not a total Disney freak like I am :mickey:

So I was curious about everyone else. Have you converted your significant other from a non-Disney person to a total addict?! Or did you both love Disney before you met? Or maybe you met each other in Disney and knew you were destined to be in Disney love forever!

vicster
05-13-2011, 04:20 PM
We started going to WDW after we were married and we both love it. Lucky for me he loves it as much as I do so we go every year. I think our kids grew up but we didn't!

CanadianWDWFan
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
We both are Disney Geeks so much so that we are both Moderators on INTERCOT!:blush:

disneymom15
05-13-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm the Disney nut, husband is just "so so". He goes because he knows it makes me happy. However, there have been several trips that were his idea. I'll take whatever I can get.

caryrae
05-13-2011, 04:43 PM
My wife likes Disney but not as much as me. I would be happy to do a Disney trip every year, my wife would like to do other things but still has a great time when we do go to WDW.

cuteduck223
05-13-2011, 04:44 PM
My hubby doesn't quite feel the magic like i do (i told him today only 109 days until i can make ADR's). But with each trip he gets a little more magic. This last time we took our DD2 and a teenage girl who was staying with us temporarily. That got him a lot more excited, seeing their excitement. now--our daughter is constantly saying "i want to go there again" anytime she sees pictures or a commercial comes on TV. That helps :mickey:

Goofeygal
05-13-2011, 04:45 PM
I am the Disney freak, he likes Disney but also gets tired of hearing me talk about future trips, but he does enjoy going just not as often as I do.

princessjojo
05-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I love it, could go multiple times yearly. DH, not so much. I don't think I will ever see the day that he suggest a trip to WDW. His idea of a vacation however is not having to go to work for more than 3 days in a row and is content with stay-cations. That being said, when we do go to WDW he enjoys himself immensely and makes sure we all have a great time. Just as long as he doesn't have to do the planning or doling out the cash for the trip, he's great.

Auntie B
05-13-2011, 05:34 PM
I am the one with the Disney addiction; however, DH is the one who suggested we go again this year! :thumbsup:

peterpan at heart
05-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Prior to my wife and I getting married she had been to WDW once and I had been 3 times. From the first visit I was in love with the world! We went together for the first time this last December to enjoy the Christmas lights and holidays throughout WDW and my wife now has the Disney bug and can't wait to return. We had our first baby this February and are planning on taking her for her first Disney trip in December of 2012! I can't wait to introduce her to the Magic of Disney, the first of many trips to come.:mickey:

DisneyMom12
05-13-2011, 06:20 PM
I am the Disney nut, and though he won't admit it my DH is starting to come around. While I was going on about plans for our upcoming trip, I mentioned something about needed a lot of pins for trading since 2 of our 3 kids along with me will be trading. He said I would like my own lanyard this trip. I could not hold back my smile. I really knew the magic was getting to him when he picked out 2 new Disney shirts to wear on our trip. Now he has never been there with our kids before. Once he sees the joy in them, I know he will be hooked.

BrowncatP
05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
I agree with DisneyMom. I am the Disney fan and my husband is just so-so. He likes the time at DW due to me planning everything. He has said he enjoys not having to think!

magicofdisney
05-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm the fan (hence the Intercot account) and my husband couldn't care less. I'm grateful he indulges my passion with APs and usually a short trip once a month. I also get a week long trip in the fall and sometimes in the winter (during value seasons). Occasionally he'll join us for a night or two but I don't pressure him to go. I wish he loved it as much as me.

Disney-4-Me
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm the Disney fan but my DH is tolerant. Both sons love Disney.:mickey:

My husband is extremely generous and doesn't mind that I go every October for MNSSHP. I have 'Disney trained' my SIL and nephews though, so I have great company on our trip if my sons can't go.

IloveDisney71
05-13-2011, 07:57 PM
My LOVE ALL things Disney but my DH doesn't get into it as much as I do. He does indulge my love of Disney though and joins me on trips. He has not been nearly as often as I have but that's okay. I will travel with anyone who is willing to join me! :thumbsup: When he does go, he has a great time he just doesn't like to go as often as I do. My 2 DD's love Disney but my youngest definitely LOVES Disney more than my oldest.

brownie
05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
My bride enjoys it but not to the level that I do. :D

AllDisney
05-13-2011, 09:24 PM
I won him over:party:

Tiggerlovr9000
05-14-2011, 02:50 AM
My dh likes wdw but not as much as me..If I plan a trip he will go and has fun. I plan to go every other year because he wants to visit other places.. Every time we go to wdw or disneyland he tries to purchase a grumpy shirt..::mickey:unfortunately last time all we could find were t-shirts:confused: He did say he would take me to disneyland for my 50th birthday in 2013.:thumbsup:

TheVBs
05-14-2011, 02:11 PM
We're both nuts about it! :mickey: And, thankfully, we're both in agreement that every other year, with different trips in-between, seems just right for us.

disneymomma2010
05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I have been twice before my husband and love it. A few years ago his sisters and I decided to plan a big family trip to a beach house and go to disney 2 of those days. That was his and our kids first time. He had fun but didnt get the "bug". Two years later his sister talked us into going again but we stayed at pop this time. It took me( &and his sister, and his brother in law) forever to get him talked into it! He really enjoyed that trip but wasnt to impressed with pop, so I was still trying to convince him the magic of staying on site. The next year I was surprised that I didnt hardly have to talk him into it at all and he was the one talking brother in law to go, and we upgraded to por which he loved! I was really shocked about how excited he was to go. This year I told him that we are going again and he said ok. Its just gonna be the four of us so hes bummed about his family not going but he tells everyone that we are going so I think hes excited.
Now I am completly obsessed and he isnt nearly the disney freak I am and I still get on his nerves if I talk about it too much and he wants me to do all the planning and pay for most of the trip but I dont care as long as we go!

mickeynminnie08
05-15-2011, 07:42 PM
I love All things disney, have only been a couple of times but am a stalker of online boards.

My husband is the Polar Opposite. He has been to disney world dozens of times throughout the years with his family and is not pleased at all about the idea of another trip, but not for obvious reasons. He doesn't mind Disney World, loves spending times with our kids and I....but crowds of people just drive him crazy. He cannot stand to be touched by strangers or be crammed into a que.

Last trip we went to Fantasmic and wouldn't you know it, everyone in our row was asked to stand and scoot down. We did so, as far as we could. Well the large man next to my husband didn't look and sat in my husband's lap. That did him in, he was outta there and back to the hotel in a flash leaving DS and I to tour the park the rest of the evening alone. Oh well, we had fun.

JoF
05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
My partner likes Disney but not as much as me - I am the Disney geek in the family!
The first time I visited WDW was with my partner and then again in 2008 we went with our friends as a foursome - the rest of the trips have been with my sister, neice and mum &dad:thumbsup:
I could never get fed up of visiting the world but my partner would like us to travel to other destinations - and next year is our 25th anniversary and we are planning a trip down the east coast of the USA - hopefully we will end up in Orlando for a few days:cool:

DisneyDINK
05-16-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm the hard-core Disney Parks (not so much the movies, merchandise, etc.) fan. DW has slowly come around a bit.

I've learned she has more fun if I plan a bit less time in the parks and more spa/beach/pool/tanning/reading a book or magazine time. The more the trip feels like a beach vacation the more she likes it. We stayed at the Poly last time and she really enjoyed the view, the beach and the pool.

She suggested a trip to WDW for the first time recently, but I'm pretty sure it is just to keep me happy. Still, she likes it more than she used to, but she's neter gotten "the bug".

Tinksalot
05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm the Disney nut, my husband not so much! He could go once every few years and be fine. I on the other hand have to go at least once a year. LOVE going with my grandchildren and being a kid again! :tigger:

BWayGrl
05-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I could never get fed up of visiting the world but my partner would like us to travel to other destinations - and next year is our 25th anniversary and we are planning a trip down the east coast of the USA - hopefully we will end up in Orlando for a few days:cool:

I'm with you! My fiance wants to go to Europe, so I keep saying, "Well can we spend a day in Disneyland Paris?!" We're going to visit his mom in Florida for Thanksgiving this year, so of course I had to plan a Disney trip around it! I told him, "I can't be in Florida and NOT go to Disney!"

Mogie
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I guess you can say my GF converted me. I had been to WDW twice when I was a little kid 5 and 7 years old, and hadnt been back until she and I went together at the age of 27 in 2008...Since then we have gone to DL and then WDW again in 3 consecutive years. She's a big fan as well. But I get obsessed...about planning trips, combing Disney fan and news sites like this for rumors, news etc. I downloaded a widget for my Droid that counts down the days until the next trip. I forward her links to articles, photo reports, youtube videos about disney etc and find it strange that she may get excited about Disney, but doesnt want to talk about it ALL the time. Still a fan of seeing the rest of the world though, but mixing in a Disney trip between other trips sounds like fun to me :)

goofy89
05-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Luckily he is! My fiance is just as obsessed as me! At first he liked it but was not a huge fan like me. However, he had not really been very much. Over time I converted him and now he can't get enough! He can't see us going anywhere else! I like that we can share our love of all things Disney! :mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
We are both fan but I am the only one who is obsessed. I want to work for Disney when I retire from the Army, I watch Youtube videos all the time, I get moody once in a while because I want to go to WDW but cant cause its to dang expensive, Im on here at least 5 times a day. I might need a 12 step program but im not sure I am ready to give up my addiction.

Ramblingman
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
My wife and I were both fans before we met. We spent part of our honeymoon at WDW and have been many times with both kids - son who will soon be 22 and daughter who will soon be 20 grew up fans. They never had a choice (and not sure if it would have made a difference).

Son's GF has never been to a theme park so we are really looking forward to introducing her to the Magic in less than two days.

brivers222
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
When we started dating I let her know right off the bat that my most favorite place is Walt Disney World Resort. She kinda shook it off with a laugh and i cursery "yeah i like disney too"

that all changed when we got engaged and decided to throw a Disney Engagement trip into the mix... she found out first hand what type of nut i really was... everything planned out on a sorta elaborate schedule. but much to her liking the trip went off flawlessly

so much so that she agreeded there would be no other place she would want to honeymoon than at disney... 'my total dream' lol.

so on our way home from our engagement trip i was researching and booking our honeymoon trip this December. 16 hour drivers are a devils playground :thedolls:

but now, yes she is a total disney nut and i have to thank all those CMs during our last trip that made our stay so wonderful and actually brought us back this coming december!

BraddyB
05-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I wasnt so much into Disney before our honeymoon. I had been there twice when I was younger, but that all changed after the honeymoon. I am hooked, I dont know if it was all the planning or what but I can't get enough.

We went in 08 for our honeymoon, 2010 for our anniversary and looking like 2012 for our anniversary again. If it was up to me I would be on the every year plan !!!!! Slowly working to it, just need to swing that DVC and my plan is complete :secret:

She loves Disney, but I think I put her on Disney overload !!!! :D

brivers222
05-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Slowly working to it, just need to swing that DVC and my plan is complete :secret:

I was given an ultimatium (sp?) this past weekend. DVC or Red Wings season tickets... and yeah i know your not a wings fan, but think of hockey in general hahaha...

However I have had both previously and I do feel i would love to have DVC again. Then again, Wings just let go of their awful defensive coach...Its going to be a tough decision.

princessgirls
05-19-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm Parks obsessed!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, and can't get enough!! MY DH enjoys them, and likes the Disney packages with the food. That's a selling point with him. Tell him how much it's going to cost, and he is OK. He does not like being "nickeled and dimed" for everything.

I don't have a lot of Disney stuff in the house, so It's not overkill. I have a very few items. The girls have more in their rooms.

We don't do a trip every year, every other, so that keeps it at a good balance for us!
Julie:mickey:

darthmacho
05-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes, DW is a fan, but not nearly as obsessed as I am...:crazy:

minnie-mouse
05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
MY DH had never been to WDW until we went there on our honeymoon 11 years ago. Since then we have traveled with our children 4 times. He has really gotten into it, especially since our DDS 5 & 8 are big fans. After taking them, he really understands the "magic". Also, he made fun of me on our first trip for having a notebook of info, maps, reservations, etc. and after that trip he realizd it was so important in making the trip go smoothly and loves to hear what plans I have for the next one.

hokies4life
05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
When we first started dating I liked that he liked Disney even if it wasn't as much as I did. Pretty sure one of the factors that made me love him so much more was when I spent Christmas with his family and learned that they have their formal living room & dining room area dedicated to all things disney christmas including a Disney Christmas tree.

Since we've started living together we've gone to disney 4 times in the past 2 years and will go again this coming fall for our Honeymoon. And we also have a dedicated Disney christmas tree, with a general tree in the basement. The fact that we both want that and both want to go more than once a year is Awesome to me!

:mickey::mickey: