PDA

View Full Version : Second guessing the AS Music

Joeybun
05-13-2011, 11:15 AM
So we are booked for September at AS Music. I walked through there last April and just really liked the theming and the pools. Now I'm worried that the rooms are not in the best shape. The pics I'm seeing don't seem too promising. I stayed at AS Sports last year and the rooms were OK. Nothing special, nothing bad, just OK.

Then I was thinking how nice the rooms at POP were way back when I stayed there right after it opened. The rooms there still look newer to me. So now I'm second guessing whether or not I should switch.

Has anyone been to Music lately? What about Movies? What shape are the rooms really in? I prefer not to stay where I have in the past. Well, I would stay at POR again in a heartbeat, but the budget won't let me this time :mickey:

GothMickey
05-13-2011, 11:33 AM
I stayed in AsMu when it was only a few years old and didn't like it back then. I stayed there cause that was what my budget back then allowed. If I had a choice, I'd stay at Pop Century. I don't know the condition of the rooms at AsMu today, but I haven't heard too many nice things.

PopPhan
05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't know about any of the AllStars, but I do know that the rooms at Pop just went through a full rehab within the past 9 months.

As you can tell by my "handle" I would prefer Pop anyway!! :D

lightyearfan
05-13-2011, 01:50 PM
well i can safely say that me and dw love staying at asmu, we havent had any issues with the rooms or the resort, we too like the themeing and pools and it is the quieter of the other 2 all stars. getting back to your questions the rooms are fine again you should have no problems, they're clean and they are not run down, we also visited Pop and to tell you the truth it was a madhouse and all we were doing was trying to get breakfest, I could only imagine the noise from the rooms, hope this helps

Victor

darthmacho
05-13-2011, 02:26 PM
I really liked ASMu for the same reasons you picked it, but I haven't been inside the rooms since 2003, which won't ease your concerns. I think you take a chance no matter which resort you stay, because you never know what the previous occupants will do when they are alone in the room. Our issue at ASMu was that it was a "No Smoking" room, but from the second we walked in, it was clear from the ashy smell, that people had been smoking in there, and throughout the trip, the people next to us were smoking in their room and outside our door. When we complained, we got the "what do you expect us to do" look...
Honestly, I'm sure you'll be fine there. Good luck.

crazygoalie39
05-13-2011, 09:54 PM
ASMu is recently refurbed and the rooms are quite nice. As far as I know, ASMo has yet to be refurbed so I would not go there. As for the values, my personal favorite is POP so that's what I would choose.

TheVBs
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
As mentioned, the rooms at ASMu have recently been redone. We stayed there in 2009 and our room was great. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Joeybun
05-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks! I am going to stop worrying and start looking forward to my first trip to WDW with three of my grandchildren!!! :party:

LudwigVonDrake
05-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Stick with ASMU. My suggestion would be to get the preferred room (I think an extra $10 a night). You'll be closer to the main building/bus stops at the end of a long day :mickey:

WDWdreamer87
05-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I can assure you that if you stay in Building 5 (Country) of ASMu, your room will be clean, as a certain person (cough me cough) works there!

ransam
05-18-2011, 11:44 PM
i stayed at the Music about 3 years ago, and it was fine. I had no problems.

disneygal1210
05-19-2011, 08:33 AM
I stayed at All Star Music Resorts in October 2010 and it was great! The room is nothing special, but when all you are doing is sleeping in the room, does it really matter? It was clean and did not smell bad, so that is all we were worried about :thumbsup:

steamboat willy
05-19-2011, 06:18 PM
AllStar Music Room and the Resort are GREAT!:thumbsup:
This is "Our" Resort for many Reasons.
We do request the Calypso - preferred rooms for the location to the pool.
The price is the best, we've stayed Fort Wilderness, Port Orleans & Polynesian and still come back to ASMu. We sleep in our room and save our money for Dining, Gifts and Gas.
The Country Fair Rooms are very quiet and Very Clean thanks to WDW Dreamer! :secret:
We Love ASMu.

Sylvia
05-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I can assure you that if you stay in Building 5 (Country) of ASMu, your room will be clean, as a certain person (cough me cough) works there!

My favorite resort will always be Caribbean Beach, and ASMu has become a very close second. My past few stays have been at ASMu. As a guest of Bldg 5 (several 2-week trips in the past several years), I thank you!!! :thumbsup:

I'm headed to ASMu again in September; I'm thinking about Jazz Inn this time, but there's something about Country that draws me to it. So, who knows, I may be back in bldg 5 for a fourth stay.

And, for the record, I've stayed in 4 different rooms at ASMu in the last 5 years, both before and after refurbishment, and I've never had a problem. The rooms were clean, well-taken care of, and I had a great time. Looking forward to the same great time in September.

Joeybun
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
So can anyone send me any photos? Especially anyone who might have the inside story (cough, cough, wdwdreamer87, cough)? :D

Also I was wondering about the king bedded rooms. Do you know if they connect to the double double rooms? DH and I want a king but the kids/grandkids need two beds. A connecting door would be great but I don't even want to request that if there are no kings on the other side. And since you work there, are there actually rooms with corner rooms that have the extra window like the moderates?

Thank you!

WDWdreamer87
05-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Connecting rooms may be requested, but not guaranteed, depending on availability.

The pictures on the WDW resort website are pretty accurate. You get two double beds (relatively nice size for two adults) table, chairs, room for luggage, armoire with NEW LCD SCREEN TVS!!! :number1: and sink with mirror.

I'm not sure about the king size beds, perhaps someone here will be more helpful.

Us Country Folk (:mickey:) only have double beds! :D

Only one window per room, sadly.

WDWdreamer87
05-25-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm headed to ASMu again in September; I'm thinking about Jazz Inn this time, but there's something about Country that draws me to it. So, who knows, I may be back in bldg 5 for a fourth stay....

I hope to see you! You gotta pass Jazz to get to Country either way, just look for me :)

darthmacho
05-26-2011, 07:36 AM

Um, how clean can it possibly be, if you're in there coughing all the time... :silly:

Sylvia
05-26-2011, 11:35 PM
I hope to see you! You gotta pass Jazz to get to Country either way, just look for me :)

I'll be on the lookout for you. I'm guessing that WDWdreamer87 isn't on your name tag, so how will I know you if I see you?

Even if I wind up in a room in Jazz, I'll still be visiting Country. I love the picnic benches and the country music playing in the background. It's the perfect spot to read a book while enjoying a snack. I'll be the happy-go-lucky adult carrying a digital camouflage bag and a refillable mug. :mickey:

WDWdreamer87
05-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Um, how clean can it possibly be, if you're in there coughing all the time... :silly:

You got me there! :blush: