PDA

View Full Version : club level at animal kingdom and at poly....

jimsgal05
05-12-2011, 10:28 AM
we are hoping to get a bounce back when we go...Okay HOPING so...;)
on the DW saite for animal kingdom "refreshments from 7am -10pm..."
Can anyone tell me what they are.

should we do this instead of dinning plan.. or do both?...
I have done the dining plan...got it free..in 2009 and got a free upgrade too from pop to Sar.springs!! :cloud9: yes I was thrilled and I know that it will probally never happen again..and I am okay with that,,it was anamzing trip with friends from England and my parents 35 wedding anv...

so any good info I will love

Disney-4-Me
05-13-2011, 12:33 AM
We got super lucky and received a free upgrade at the Polynesian one year. I was on :cloud9: most of the time so I can't tell you all of the details about the snacks that were served. I can tell you that my sons were teenagers and could really put away the food!

I spent very little money on food because there was always a lot sitting out during most of the time that we were in the resort. I would not purchase the dining plan along with having access to day long snacks. I know we would have had a hard time getting our money's worth out of the dining plan.

TammiMcMan
05-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Generally, it consists of the following:

6:30am-7am ~ coffee, tea, cocoa
7am-10:30am ~ fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, breads
11am-1:30pm (AKL) ~ light snack items
2:00-4pm (AKL) ~ afternoon tea service
11am-4pm (Poly) ~ light snack items
5pm-7pm ~ veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, a few assorted appetizers, wine and beer
8pm-10pm ~ assorted desserts and cordials

Cold drinks are available throughout the day. If you tend to hang around the resort and will be there during the specific food offering times, then I would skip any dining plans. You'd still need a few restaurant meals to supplement your dining throughout the stay though. If you spend more time in the parks, then the dining plan and a standard room might be a better option.

A few differences between the two club levels:

AKL concierge rooms are not on the same floor as the lounge, but 99.9% of them have a savannah view.

Poly club rooms are all in the Hawaii building. Lounge is large and has lovely views.