PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Epcot's Captain EO 3D show fans out there

idolfan1
05-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I recently just got back from being in Disney World and the last day of my trip, i went to Epcot to go see Michael Jackson's Captain EO 3D show. It was absolutely awesome. It was even better than the first time i saw it years ago when i was a lil' girl. The sound, the show, etc was way out of this world. I personally recommend for you guys to see it. Also for those of you whome were lil' and saw it years ago during the time period it was showing at Epcot which was from 1986-1994. This time to top it off, i bought me a t-shirt with the rainbow looking design on it including a keychain. I was so thrilled getting those to officially show i was there as well the fact i saw it when i was lil'. If you guys like Michael Jackson, i'm sure you'll love seeing this 3D show at Epcot:mickey:

BayLaker25
05-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I personally was not a fan, we saw it once and that was enough for me! I hope it is gone soon, I liked honey I shrunk the audience.

Basket Mommy
05-11-2011, 09:29 PM
My husband wanted to see it when we were there last week. The kids and I thought it was silly. We didn't think it was all that great. It was cause for a good laugh for us, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! To each his/her own, I say.

Scar
05-11-2011, 10:58 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

I loved it too... it enabled me to to take a much needed nap. ;)

trudisneygal
05-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I actually LOVE Captain EO! I remember seeing it as a child when it was at Disneyland, and I remember being afraid in certain parts:blush: lol. I think it's fantastic that they brought it back! I'm also a Michael Jackson fan. Seeing it definitely brought back good memories.

lylahsmommy
05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I actually LOVE Captain EO! I remember seeing it as a child when it was at Disneyland, and I remember being afraid in certain parts:blush: lol. I think it's fantastic that they brought it back! I'm also a Michael Jackson fan. Seeing it definitely brought back good memories.

Me, too!!! I think we're in the minority, lol. I have AMAZINGLY vivid memories of watching Captain EO at Disneyland several times when I was a kid. I was actually sad when it was replaced with Honey I Shrunk the Audience (though that was a good show!) and elated when they brought it back! When MJ passed away, I looked the show up on Youtube and watched it in its entirety. Nothing like watching it in 3D on the big screen, though... just like when I was a kid. :)

JasonH
05-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Captain EO fan here too! :thumbsup:

I always looked forward to seein this show when I was growin up of all the times I went down there. I was disappointed to see it go when they brought in HISTA (it was good too). But to me, HISTA has wore out it's welcome a lot quicker than what EO ever did in my opinion. Even though it's been 3 years (almost) since my last visit, the past couple visits including the last one I've skipped HISTA. Had EO been there, wouldn't have been skipped at all.

On top of that, I'm a fan enough that I do have a vid of the full show on my pc (looks like it came from a VCD from way back) and also have the full source audio for the show. :mickey:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-12-2011, 02:40 AM
I missed Captain Eo the first time it was out, so I am excited to see it for the first and probably only time. I was tired of Honey I Shrunk the Audience, so at least it is something new for me. I would like to see them use Figment in a new 3D movie.

Jeniflower
05-12-2011, 07:34 AM
I loved it its so eighties si-fi (and i had never seen it before) that i dragged my sister in twice. much better the Honey i shrunk the audience.

The scary part is I usually don't like Michael jackson stuff but i loved this

brownie
05-12-2011, 07:54 AM
After seeing it for the first time last December, I can't believe they replaced Honey, I Shrunk the Audience with Captain EO. I hope they change it back or put something new in.

RBrooksC
05-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Coppola and Lucas working on this, one would think I would love it. But I cannot STAND Michael Jackson. The thought of watching him in a movie again makes my skin crawl. And, I really don't need to see him dancing in 3D since I can't stand musical acts who do more dancing than anything else.

So, I think we will skip the 3D film in Imagination this year. Maybe we will go on the ride since I can't remember the last time we did that.

Goofster
05-12-2011, 09:56 AM
We skipped it. I never saw it when I was a kid, so I knew I wouldn't have any nostalgia with seeing it and would probably view it as a cheesy 80s remnant. I hope they bring back HISTA or at least do something new.

Silver_Surfer
05-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I personally was not a fan, we saw it once and that was enough for me! I hope it is gone soon, I liked honey I shrunk the audience.

This!

dizneydeb22
05-12-2011, 10:47 AM
The first time I saw Captain EO was in 1987 on a High School trip. It was gone by the time I was able to return to EPCOT. We are going in August and I cannot wait to see it again with my 11 year old son, who just happens to be a major Michael fan!:mickey:

amcsherr
05-12-2011, 01:01 PM
goingto DW this summer, but have seen the one in DL and love it

renecat
05-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I was thrilled to see it back when we went last year. I was never a big Jackson fan but always thought this show was great. |I like it much better then Honey I shrunk the audience.

ransam
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
i like MJ a lot... but finally saw the show in January at DL and was so unimpressed. it is basically just a long musical video to a song that isnt' that great. it would have been much better if they would have just put Thriller in 3-D. My friend who is a Michael Jackson fanatic went and he felt the same way, just not a good show at all.
I dont' really like Honey I shrunk the audience either...well let me rephrase that. I did like the show, but i think that ran it's course. I'd love to see something w/ a newere theme. maybe a Cars 3-D. Monsters Inc in 3-D. Something lke that.

Disney-4-Me
05-12-2011, 06:55 PM
I saw it when it was at EPCOT round #1. I couldn't talk my sister into seeing it last October but I might have to bring out the older sister bully act this October!

I'm interested to see if I like it as much now as I did in the early '90s.

NJGIRL
05-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Not me. We watched the show last year. I had never seen it before because I had no interest in it way back when, but the kids wanted to see it so we went. It was so bad. It was so bad it was embarassing. I could give the technology a pass since it is so outdated now, but the acting was just so bad. :(

How many times did I say bad in this post.:D

BTW Welcome to INTERCOT!

Stu29573
05-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I was excited to see this since I missed it the first time around. After it was over my wife and I just looked at each other and said "What was that supposed to be?" I guess if you had good childhood memories with it it might be ok, but we REALLY didn't like it. We much prefer Honey, which is saying something because we were tired of it.