PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Reward Points

princessjojo
05-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Just wanting to be sure before I request our card with points, I can use my reward points anywhere in WDW (ie: jewelry :blush:, for drinks with our dinner:marg:, or in the food courts if necessary) since I know they are either use it or lose it. I may just request the card with an approx number of points on it, and add as necessary once we get to WDW.

brownie
05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
You can use it at a lot of places at Walt Disney World. The Disney VISA Rewards site has a list of the locations you can use your rewards at.

If you haven't paid for your room/package yet, you could use the rewards towards that. You could also charge everything to your room and use your rewards to pay that off.

DisneyGirl85
05-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I picked up my rewards card right at MK and only added the amount that I knew I would def. be spending since it only lasts for a year. I called again once I ran out to add more, the call only took about 2 min so I would suggest putting an amount on that you know will be spent and then adding to it.

brownie
05-12-2011, 07:40 AM
I picked up my rewards card right at MK and only added the amount that I knew I would def. be spending since it only lasts for a year.

The card is good for at least a year and a day. It will expire at the end of December of the year following the year the card is issued. If you get a card that is issued this year, it will be good until the end of December 2012. The earlier in the year it's requested, the longer it's good for.

DisneyDoug2
05-12-2011, 01:38 PM
I typically dont add any points prior to my trip and charge everthing to my room. Then the day before we are schedule to leave I ask the desk to check my balance transfer the right amount of points and pay off my room charge, leaving me a zero balance at check out which is very nice!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-15-2011, 12:37 AM
I typically dont add any points prior to my trip and charge everthing to my room. Then the day before we are schedule to leave I ask the desk to check my balance transfer the right amount of points and pay off my room charge, leaving me a zero balance at check out which is very nice!

Thanks for that tip. That's a great way to do it!