PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day weekend crowds??

cathendricks
05-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Hello-
I have never posted on here before but have received a TON of great info from all you Disney experts!! :thumbsup:

We have seasonal passes and want to go again Memorial day weekend, and spend probably just one night. We only live 2 hours away so we usually make day trips. Anyway, I am sure it will be super crowded but wanted to see if any of you experts have advice or suggestions.

We do have the Disney app's on our Iphones to check the wait times, etc...which I LOVE, but I wanted to ask you guys.

Thanks so much! :mickey:

crltkcagle
05-11-2011, 08:06 PM
We have been the past two years and it can get crowded. Nothing horrible but most of the rides will have pretty decent wait times. The good rides of course will have 70-90 minute waits the later in the day it gets.

PrettyMinnie
05-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Honestly, crowds are manageable if you go in with a plan and understanding that you will not have the parks to yourself. MK gets the most crowded, as it expected, so I would suggest to get to MK as close to opening as possible if you are planning on visiting that park. When MK starts getting too crowded, hop over to another park for the afternoon. Chances are it will be less crowded. Also, I know MK has evening EMH Sunday, May 29th, which would let you stay in the park a little later and see if you can hit up any rides you may have missed. Happy planning!

:minnie:

AXOAlum
05-12-2011, 01:00 PM
:welcome: I wish I were 2 hours away instead of 12! We are ending our trip on the Saturday before so I hope it won't be too chaotic.

Mammabruski
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I was there over Memorial Day weekend in 2008 for a wedding. We went into the parks on Sunday and my Mom and I went to ALL FOUR parks that day. We rode almost all the big ticket rides (~3 in each park), ate lunch at Flametree BBQ, took a dip in our pool at the GF, and had dinner in the Magic Kingdom at a CS (where I can't recall). I would've done all the mountains in MK, but I got way too tired and headed home about 11pm (I was up late the night before for an amazing Disney Wedding). I think the MK was open until 1am that night. It was for sure crowded, but as you can see, much can still be done! By the way, we started at DHS, then over to DAK and then Epcot followed by MK.

Mammabruski
05-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh, and :welcome: to Intercot!!! It is BY FAR the best and friendliest Disney message board on the net!!!

:mickey:

BandMan
05-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh, and :welcome: to Intercot!!! It is BY FAR the best and friendliest Disney message board on the net!!!

:ditto: :rocks: :D

Dream'nDisney
05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh wow. I just realized we are arriving on Sunday night that weekend and the kids want to go to Downtown Disney that first night. I'll bet it will be crazy busy with locals! :confused: