PDA

View Full Version : Going to Kings Island!!

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Well we decided that since we dont have the funds right now to go to Disney, we will make do with a mini vacation to celebrate DD'd 11th birthday by going to Kings Island.

Kings Island is just outside of Cincinati for those who dont know. It is a Roller Coaster lovers dream second only to Cedar Point up north in Sandusky.

I havent been to Kings island in around 8 years. I cant wait to go ride all my favorite coasters. If i am lucky i can convince the wife and kids onto most of them. But they all have a fear of doing loops. Oh well what are you going to do?

Lets hope for good weather.

kakn7294
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Just be prepared for sticker shock! Food prices were outrageous at Kings Dominion, the sister park in Richmond, VA. They were charging $4 for a 20 oz bottle of Coke or Dasini water. The cheapest thing available was Starbucks - because they were charging their regular prices! They are nice parks though - very pretty and a decent variety of rides, especially if you like coasters. Have a fun trip!

paulsheri
05-11-2011, 03:09 PM
But since I'm 70 minutes from Cedar Point, I have a season pass for " THE POINT ", which also lets me in at Kings Island. We will be at the Point On Saturday, for the Grand Opening, and we will be at Kings Island The last 2 Days of June. The Son Of Beast is Still Closed, the last I heard, and the new ride Windseeker, at Cedar Point will not be ready for opening day. Have a good Time, and enjoy the Children, they grow up so quickly

ftwildernesskid
05-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I love Kings Island. We usually go once a year. Be sure to ride the Diamondback. It's the best coaster I've ever ridden hands down. Have a great day!

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-13-2011, 09:24 AM
well after looking at it on line, there isnt a CHANCE that I will be riding the Windseeker....ever. I love coasters so I am ready to attack all of them but i dont want to go on them by myself and DW and both kids are rather scared of anything that loops.

So we are starting out with the really small coasters. Woodstock express (used to be the beastie), Flying Ace Ariel Chace (used to be Runaway Reptar), and then moving to the Backlot stunt coaster and the Adventure Express. I am pretty sure I can get them on the Racers and MAYBE the Beast (my favorite). After that I have no idea, I want to ride the Diamond back but i know they wont so thats going to depend on the crowd. Hopefully since its really early in the season the crowds will be light. If they are really light, then I might be able to convince them to wait for me while i jump on the really good looping coasters.

We got a really good deal on a room for Sat night. 75 dollars for a Familiy Suite that has three beds and a mini kitchen. We wont use the kitchen but its still a good deal..

We will be checking into the hotel and then going over to the park Sat afternoon, you can get in really cheap (20 bucks) after 5pm. So We can get some additional rides in and see the night shows and fireworks . They wont be doing fireworks on Sunday which is when we will be spending all day at the park. Lets hope for decent weather. Or if its going to rain that it keeps most everyone else away.

AgentP
05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi,
We are going to Kings Island this summer too. I have never been there before, but I think it will be fun. Looking forward to meeting Snoopy and Friends:) It looks like tickets are the cheapest if you buy them online before hand. Have you found tickets anywhere else that are less expensive?

Where are you staying for $75? I'd like to spend a night and check out the zoo as well.

And did you see that one of the new dinosaurs caught on fire today? Yikes!

Jim&AngieMarriner
06-01-2011, 09:29 AM
The Hotel is called Shaker INN.

$69.95 DOUBLE. Located 10 mintues from Kings Island in Historical Lebanon, Ohio. We offer an Outdoor Pool, Continential Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Beautiful Rooms w/ Refrigerators, Suites, Family Suites and Great Family Owned Hospitality. Close to Zip Line, Antique Shopping, Golfing, Tennis, Walking and Biking Paths.

Jim&AngieMarriner
06-01-2011, 10:04 AM
It was the Family suit that we stayed in. It had a main room with two full beds and a "master" bedroom with a queen size. One Bathroom but thats ok. It isnt a resort or anything but since we were spending all our time in the park we didnt care.

It was clean and comfortable and thats all I can ask.

Oh and its not really important but they dont have even a continental breakfast. We just went to Bob Evans and had a nice hot breakfast anyways.

Hope this helped.

In other news. Oh My Goodness. You have got to ride the Diamondback. That ride is super intense. The way the restraints sit you are totally safe but you FEEL like you are going to come out of your seat. Over 80mph..... just wow. Great ride.