PDA

View Full Version : Parade question

momof3+twins
05-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Has anyone here ever rode the rides instead of the parades? I seems like everyone in the park is at the parade. So how are the rides?

DisneyGirl85
05-11-2011, 10:27 AM
In my opinion, that is one of the best times to ride the rides at MK. Also, at DHS during Fantasmic, My Mom & I rode Rockin' Roller Coaster 3 times in like 10 minutes. Usually during parade time I am either riding rides or catching a bus before the crowd flows out out the park.

brivers222
05-11-2011, 10:34 AM
i watch the parades once at start of trip then i just ride rides during them the rest of the trip.

short lines are the best in Disney!

Dragongirlx
05-11-2011, 11:21 AM
This is the best time to get on Tower of Terror in DHS. You can just keep getting on and as this is my favourite ride in that park it makes it a must do for me.

JasonH
05-11-2011, 11:42 AM
My family and I, including on solo trips, have skipped out on the parades in favor of going on rides/attractions. Indeed the lines are much shorter at this time and can help out on getting on a normally long-line ride. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
We never watch parades, or try not to get "caught" having to watch one. We've seen them all, once is enough IMO. If/when they have new parades, I'll check them out once, but I find that riding stuff is a MUCH better use of time during parades.

My favorite ride at MK to ride during parade time is Splash Mountain. You get a GREAT view of the floats all lit up once you reach the top of the hill.

Polynesian Dweller
05-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Like Natalie, we've seen them all. Parade time is a great time to find short lines at the top rides and lighter crowds in the CS restaurants and shops.

Simba'sBud
05-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah, my DW and I also take these opportunities and stick to maybe seeing a couple of parades while we're there...but we try not to let these little tidbits fall on too many ears, if you know what I mean. :secret:

Disney-4-Me
05-11-2011, 06:15 PM
We ride instead of watching parades frequently. If there are two parades (like at MNSSHP) and we want to watch, we usually ride during the first parade then watch the second time around.

Niecyboo
05-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Adventureland is another great place to go during a parade. It is almost empty. One time we were alone on Pirates (and I mean ALONE) when earlier in the day it had a long wait. The one area that doesn't seem to quiet down during a parade is Fantasyland, or so it seems to me.

kemps@wdw
05-11-2011, 10:06 PM
We've seen the parades...many, many, many times! Even though I like them, it IS the best to catch some excellent ride time!

Belle619
05-12-2011, 10:24 AM
We do it all the time as well. Once we've seen a parade, I don't really feel like watching it again - especially during the same trip.

It is actually really cool to ride Splash Mountain during the parades because you get to see it from that high vantage point just before the drop! Also fun to ride during firework shows!!!

EJS-Houston
05-12-2011, 11:09 AM
On our 2007 visit, a cast member tipped us off that the best time to get in line for Kilamanjaro Safaris is during the afternoon parade in the Animal Kingdom. The line becomes instantly shorter enabling you to get on the ride fairly quickly.

DisneyGirl85
05-12-2011, 11:14 AM
On our 2007 visit, a cast member tipped us off that the best time to get in line for Kilamanjaro Safaris is during the afternoon parade in the Animal Kingdom. The line becomes instantly shorter enabling you to get on the ride fairly quickly.

Thanks for the tip, I will remember this one when I go in 47 days!!

ransam
05-13-2011, 01:01 AM
we've done it during the christmas party parade, andyou can literally walk right on the rides....