PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli=delish!

alaMode
05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Hola!
Yesterday we ate lunch at Via Napoli and it was a great experience!
First of all, the restaurant itself is lovely. It felt so peaceful and cool inside. The wood-burning ovens are 3 stone faces with the fiery ovens where their mouths should be! Their names are Stromboli, Vesuvio, and Etna. They're the focal point of the main dining area and it's fun to watch the pizza chef creating each pizza to order.
Our ADRs were at 11:30am, so we were among the first customers of the day. Our server was Tony from Venice and he was very attentive without getting in the way. We were a group of 3 adults and one tween.
We ordered a mezzo-metro (the largest size) Margherita pizza with prosciutto and artichokes
($43) and the Family-style salad for three ($15). The pizza was so yummy--thin crust with just enough crispy char from the wood-burning oven and the toppings were fresh and very flavorful. The salad was a spring-mix with lots of arugula (my fave!) and olives, cucumbers, sweet red peppers, and marinated mushrooms. It came dressed in a very yummy vinaigrette. We each ate a lot of pizza and still had a few pieces left over, which Tony boxed for us to take home.
I also ordered a blood orange Acqua Fresca ($5), which was sort of like a non-carbonated Orangina, but fresher tasting and slightly sweeter.
For dessert we had the ricotta profiteroles with dark chocolate sauce and thick whipped cream
($10), and the ice cream sundae with Amaretto-Cherry sauce and dark chocolate shavings ($8). We ate every bit of the desserts! DH also had a cappuccino with dessert.
Our bill came to $100.00 after using our TIW card and adding a little extra for Tony.
We'll definitely return next time we're at Epcot!

Mysttree
05-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Great review- man it sound yummy- tho $$$
Thanks for sharing with us!

BrerGnat
05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Glad to hear the great review.

I am looking forward to lunch here in a couple weeks. I can't wait!

Disney-4-Me
05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
That sounds wonderful! Thanks for the descriptive review!:thumbsup:

Jillirose
05-10-2011, 09:23 PM
We tried Via Napoli in February and it will be on our must have ADRs for each vacation! You're description of the pizza is making us very hungry. :D

poohspal
05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
We were there this past week, and love it too. DD said it was the best pizza she ever had. My eggplant parmigiana was great, and loved the family salad, too.

Liz

RedSoxFan
05-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Glad you enjoyed your lunch. We had dinner there in December --- delicious. We plan on eating there again in November.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Sounds yummy

SBETigg
05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
We found it to be a great place for a family meal, something to please everyone. It's one of the new favorites of my children. I'm glad you had a good experience.

MOJoe
05-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the review. I'm particularly interested in Via Napoli, and looking forward to our dinner here. Be there in two weeks!

jillluvsdisney
05-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks for sharing. Can't wait. We have lunch ADRs for our trip in November.

brownie
05-12-2011, 07:48 AM
We really enjoyed eating there last December. It is now on our really should eat there every trip list.

DisneyorBust
05-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the detailed review, Via Napoli is one of our "must do's" for each trip.

Dream'nDisney
05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
$43 for a large pizza?! :jaw: I heard they are expensive, but I didn't realize they would be that expensive!

BrerGnat
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
$43 for a large pizza?! :jaw: I heard they are expensive, but I didn't realize they would be that expensive!

This is not Pizza Hut we're talking about. This "large" pizza is HUGE. It's half a meter square. It feeds like 8 people. Not a bad deal for the amount of food it provides.

artyboy
05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the review...we're trying this on our vacation in June! Finally decent pizza at Disney!

CanadaLovesDisney
05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the review!

The pizza dough is AMAZING. a MUST DO!

steamboat willy
05-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Can I get THIS pizza delivered to my room?
:cool::beer::cool:

SBETigg
05-13-2011, 02:45 PM
This is not Pizza Hut we're talking about. This "large" pizza is HUGE. It's half a meter square. It feeds like 8 people. Not a bad deal for the amount of food it provides.

And you can buy pretty reasonable individual sizes. We prefer to do it that way, everyone gets their own and we sample each other's. They're not necessarily what you expect in prices for pizza, but they are what you might pay for an entree in some places and we just think of it more like that.

Individual size pizzas are about $15-17. Large is $25-28. And half-meter sizes are $34-$36, generally.

Bethis26fan
05-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Sounds great. We are going there for the first time this fall. I'm so ready. :)

SAH
05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Thx for the update, we will be there this coming sat..can't wait...:thumbsup:

slegrant
05-16-2011, 09:05 AM
It's now on my list of places to eat in July! Can't wait. Thanks for the review:mickey:

Gotimone
05-17-2011, 09:43 PM
I am going to WDW on Friday... Can not wait !! We do have ADR for Via Napoli on of the days we are going to be there.. Thanks for the great review, now I am even more excited !!! It does sound a bit pricey, but I figure that I work hard all year for my vacation, and I may as well enjoy it...:thumbsup: Thanks again !!!

mousetrapper
05-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Excellent! Thanks for the report. I was hoping to have dinner there our next trip but it doesn't seem to fit in the schedule, so I think we'll work it in one day for lunch! :thumbsup:

javamama
05-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Sounds great!! We had the walk up slices of pizza there and they were very good also. I was impressed, the tomato sauce was excellent and the crust was perfect.

Stitch98
05-21-2011, 05:27 PM
We are going to Disney this summer and already have a reservation.:malef:

Crow
05-23-2011, 10:53 PM
ate there last trip. the atmosphere itself isnt anything special i dont think, but the pizza is one of the better ones ive had

darthmacho
05-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Sounds great! Especially the dessert. We'll probably try this place next time we visit. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
05-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the review...we're trying this on our vacation in June! Finally decent pizza at Disney!
Just goes to show you how peoples opinions of food differ. :confused: This was the WORST pizza my DS and DH have ever had. The frozen grocery store pizzas are better than the two they had for dinner there a few weeks ago. Also eating a frozen pizza at home is a lot quieter than eating at this restaurant. We had to endure not only one, but two screaming children at different tables throughout our complete meal. We could never recommend this restaurant, not for food, service, which was below par, nor atmosphere.:confused: