PDA

View Full Version : When I joined Intercot...

darthmacho
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
:mickey:

... it was the year 2000.

... I was still in my 20s, though my 30th b-day was only weeks away.

... George W. Bush hadn't been inaugurated yet, so Bill Clinton was still officially president.

... I was married only 2 years, my firstborn was a month away from being born, and still lived in an apartment.

... I had been to WDW twice, once in 1998 for my honeymoon, and again in 1999.

... September 11 hadn't happened yet, and most Americans didn't know who Osama Bin Laden was.

... I would have to endure three long years before my next WDW visit in 2003, and another seven grueling years until my 2010 trip.

... I was about 50 lbs lighter than I am now, and had far fewer gray hairs, sigh.

I could probably come up with a lot more, but I'll stop there.
Just putting things into perspective. :mickey:

disneymom15
05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
:thumbsup:Very nice

EeyoresBestFriend
05-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Love this!!

When I joined intercot :

~ was planning DH & my 3rd trip

~ didn't believe in staying on site

~ was planning my first trip as a Tour Guide for other family members.

~ was married for 17 years

~ was in much better shape,though round is still a shape :D Had ALOT less wrinkles and grey hair

~ still had a memory that worked

~ Eeyore was, and still is, my idol

~ we still hadn't discovered 1/2 the cool eating places we have now

AND THE BIGGEST . . . . . I did not know nearly as much about WDW or have the wonderful people at Intercot & Magical Journeys as fellow Addicts!! :cloud9:

princessgirls
05-10-2011, 12:20 PM
When I joined Intercot I was...

~ Six years younger

~ In our starter home with very small mortgage

~ Working only 12 hours per week enjoying every second of my girls preschool years

~ Planning our first trip to the world as a family!

Now...
~ We are on our sixth trip to the World
~ I love checking in with all of the great people on Intercot, and we now have Podcasts to listen too.
~I am working 30 hours per week and have one daughter heading off to middle school in the fall.
~I am in a nicer home, bigger mortgage
~ I am in a very good place in life, feeling blessed and...content!
Julie:mickey:

Goofster
05-10-2011, 12:26 PM
When I joined Intercot...

...I was in my early, early 20s... (technically possibly as far back as a teenager because I had originally signed up but then Intercot was 'reset' back in 1999 and I had to reregister with a new username in 2000).

...Bill Clinton was still president and I hadn't heard of George W. Bush.

...was planning a trip with my mom and siblings

...living at home and still in college and planning on being a teacher.

...had not met my future wife yet.

...had been to WDW 3 times.

NOW:

Married for almost 10 years.

Have 3 kids.

Purchased a house and paying a mortgage.

Graduated college and law school.

have been to WDW 13 times and planning our 14th trip.

Dulcee
05-10-2011, 12:28 PM
When I joined Intercot....

....I was a freshmen in high school and it was two months before my 15th trip to WDW and had no idea how lucky I was to have a mother as Disney obsessed as me.

.....I thought having algebra homework was way worse then having a "real job"

....I hadn't yet acquired my nickname of "the family travel agent"

....I swore I'd never get married

Now,
-I'm 24 and I just finished up my first year as a doctoral student
-Love, love, love that I get paid to go to school full time
-No one in my family books a wdw trip without first consulting me
-I'm engaged and up to my neck in wedding planning with the most wonderful man in the world.

SBETigg
05-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Awesome, DarthMacho. Nice topic.

When I joined:
- I was planning my third WDW trip with my family. My fifth trip to WDW overall. First stay at my favorite resort GF with my kids. We've been back many times since as a family, plus I experienced my first solo trip, and my first trip back with my husband and no kids since my Disney honeymoon.

- I worried that my publishing career was over, after two books, though my husband's career was fortunately taking off nicely. Since then, I've been back on track with three more books out and one on the way-- helping to fund more Disney trips and some very magical Disney shopping trips. And now, pay college tuition bills. (gulp).

- I was younger and my kids were 14 and 12, experiencing Disney as teen/preteens. Now they're going back as young adults. My son, my oldest, is turning 20, changing schools after two years at U of Southern Maine, and my daughter is headed to college in NJ.

- We were renting a house in MA, having just moved back from a year in MI, unsure if we wanted to stick around. We did stick- because my daughter loves her school. Now she's graduating and we're buying our dream house in CT.

- The world had not yet heard of Lady Gaga.

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Well i havent been around as long as a lot of otheres but here goes.... When I first joined INTERCOT:

I was 35

I was serving in Iraq for the second time.

We were planning our first family reunion in a very long time. It was to be Christmas at Disney and it turned out wonderful!!!!

I was one year into my second marriage.

Bush Jr was still the President.

I first had my dream of working for Disney after I retire from the Army (only 2 more years).

I had just gotten promoted to Sergeant First Class.

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Awesome, - The world had not yet heard of Lady Gaga.

Oh that the world were still in the dark about this individual. sigh.

conan617
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
My response won't be as cool as these others, but I love the thread and had to join in.

When I joined INTERCOT....
The year was 2011.
The Green Bay Packers had just won the Superbowl.
I had been to WDW twice with my parents, but I was in the early stages of planning a trip for my DW, DS and DD. I was extremly worried about not planning a good trip. I really had no idea what to do or expect.
I had no idea what DW, DS or DD meant.
There was still snow on the ground.
Gas was only (gulp) $3.50 a gallon
Osama Bin Laden was still alive.

Since I joined INTERCOT....
I have done hour upon hour of research on WDW and read, watch or plan something everyday.
I have booked my family's trip with Magical Journeys....Debbie is AWESOME!
I've chatted, messaged and posted with some of the nicest, smarted, helpful and Disney loving people on earth! Thanks everyone!
I've lost 30 lbs in preparation for our upcoming trip, but I imagine I'll put it all back on during the trip.
I have become confident in the trip I have planned, allowing that everything may not go as planned, but I'll be at WDW so everything that happens will be just fine.
I've learned that even if everything doesn't go well, I will be spending some quality time with my loved ones and that is all that matters.
I've relaxed and enjoyed the planning process so far. Plus - I've learned some good info for the next trip.
The snow has been gone for about 2 weeks...seriously.

Thank you to all the INTERCOT members! I stumbled across the site as a wave of panic washed over me while in the early stages of planning a trip, but I will always be here in case another nervous Dad needs my help.

PirateLover
05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
GREAT TOPIC!

...It was Fall of 2003. I was an ALMOST 18 year old freshman in college. I actually remember creating my log in in the University computer lab.

...I was dating my boyfriend for a year and a half. We were both lovers of WDW but had never been together.

...I had been to WDW twice with my family.

...I had not yet declared a major and wasn't totally sure what I wanted to do with my life.

...Only one Pirates of the Caribbean movie had been released

...We had season passes to Six Flags Great Adventure

...iPods were still kind of a luxury item and not too many people had them yet

...The Iraq war had the country divided

Now in spring of 2011
...I am 25

...That boyfriend is now my DH (First anniversary is Saturday!) We have now been to WDW 6 times together.

...I graduated with a degree in Secondary Education and Social Studies, and I teach in a middle school. I am pursuing my Masters. Stilll not 100% sure this is exactly what I want to do! Maybe I'll never be satisfied ;)

...The 4th Pirates of the Caribbean movie is about to be released

...We have not been to Six Flags in 3 years.

...It seems like everybody and their Mom has an iPhone/iPod, which has come so far from it's original inception.

...People are still arguing over Iraq, though the debate has lost it's fervor with combat operations being dialed back.

Melanie
05-10-2011, 08:30 PM
This really is a cool topic. I've enjoyed reading every one of the responses. :thumbsup:

I'm coming up on my 10 year ICOT anniversary this December. :cheers:

When I joined INTERCOT, it was right after 9/11. The internet was still fairly new to me, as I'd been having babies and not really a techie person.

Disney released what I think was the first Armed Forces Salute (after 9/11) and I was doing research for a trip and stumbled upon ICOT.

I had been to WDW 8 times, including my honeymoon. I'd never been to another Disney resort.

I had a 1 year old and a 3 year old and was a SAHM.

My DH was a Captain in the Marine Corps, and we lived in Maryland.

NOW:

My DH is a LTCol (select) in the Marine Corps, and after our 3 years in Maryland, we've lived in North Carolina, Okinawa, Japan and now Florida.

My sons are now 13 and 11, and after 10 years of staying at home with them, I've gone back to work as a school secretary.

Because I was fortunate to marry a man who loves to travel and also indulges my love of Disney, I've been to Disneyland Resort 8 times (I think that's right :blush: ), Tokyo Disney Resort 3 times and Hong Kong Disneyland 1 time. Now that we live in the Mouse's backyard, I can't count the times we've been to WDW. I'm very fortunate. :mickey:

Keep 'em coming everyone - this is fun! :mjump:

Ed
05-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Cool topic! :thumbsup:

Let's see...

When I joined INTERCOT ~~

I believe Abraham Lincoln was President. Memory's a little foggy on that one. I had been living in Maryland my entire life.
I had been married for 33 years, had four kids, and five grandkids.
Having retired from law enforcement, I was working in communications at a major health insurance company.
Those "evil dolls" were all the rage on 'Cot.
That awful day in September '01 motivated me to get back into my first career.
I got extremely lucky and was assigned to some place called Orlando.
Been there 9 years now.
DW has been a CM at WDW since '03.
And we're up to 8 grandkids, and coming up on our 45th anniversary !!

:rocks:

citizensnoopy
05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Fun topic!

When I joined INTERCOT ...

- I was 18 years old
- I was a freshman pre-med student at UCLA
- I had been a Disneyland annual passholder for 6 years
- Hated coffee
- Had never heard of a DVD player
- I'd never been to Disney World

Now ...

- I am 28 years old
- I graduated from college and medical school at UCLA
- I've been a doctor for two years
- I've been a Disneyland annual passholder for 16 years
- Single, no kids, and don't own a home --- and I'm loving this uncomplicated phase of life :D
- Love coffee
- I've STILL never been to Disney World

Disney-4-Me
05-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Darthmacho, what a great idea!

When I joined Intercot I was feeling a lot of pressure. Although I had guided my own little family to Disney for 11 years, I was volunteered to guide an extended family and friends group of 13. That's actually how I found Intercot, I was searching for more up-to-date information. (Thanks to Intercot for that BTW!)

Only one son could go on the April trip, so I evened up with my older son and we made our first October long weekend trip.

I was in my 2nd year as a middle school computer teacher after 10 years of teaching Elementary Special Education.

I was using an Apple Titanium laptop-my 1st laptop- to access Intercot via a dial-up connection.

Now...

I've been to a MNSSHP every year since. We dress up each year in a Disney theme. We've been pirates 3 times, Peter Pan characters, Mickey Mouse club members, Toy Story characters twice and Snow White characters.

I'm now back to teaching Special Education because funding was cut drastically in Illinois for public education and our district could no longer afford computer training.

I'm accessing Intercot on my iPad via my mobile Sprint OverDrive.

Ian
05-13-2011, 06:22 AM
When I first joined INTERCOT ...

... it was the year 1998.

... I was still in my 20s, though my 30th b-day was only months away.

... Bill Clinton was still president.

... I was single, but I was dating my future wife at the time.

... my firstborn was almost four years away from being born. I've had four kids since then :eek:

... we hadn't purchased our first home yet

... I was working at Prudential Financial back then. I've worked for four other companies since

... I had been to WDW nine times by that point. I've been over 40 times since then

... September 11 hadn't happened yet, and most Americans didn't know who Osama Bin Laden was

... I was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee then. I've owned 7 other cars since

wilcat
05-13-2011, 10:34 AM
When I first joined Intercot...

...it was the year 2004

...I was 50 years old

... married for 28 years

... just starting to get hooked on Disney

... had been working for the same company for 11 years

... worked with my DH in remodeling our home

KylesMom
05-13-2011, 10:51 AM
When I joined INTERCOT . . .

I had been lurking for over a year before I decided to become a member - after all, the internet was potentially unsafe back then! LOL
I officially "joined" under Kyle'sMom on my 34th Birthday in June of 2000 ("rejoined" as KylesMom in January 2001 after I thought I terminated my membership) :blush:
My DS was a 28-month old which we'd just taken to Disney the first time in May & I was trying to figure out a way to get us back there in 2001
We've been to Disney World every year since
I have changed jobs once since joining INTERCOT
DS recently turned 13 and is as tall as me
DH and I had just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. Now we're about to celebrate 20!

Mickey'sGirl
05-13-2011, 02:25 PM
When I joined INTERCOT in 2005

The Right Honourable Paul Martin was the Prime Minister of our great country
Brian and I had been married for 12 years
Our boys were 1 and 7
We were planning our first Annual Pass purchase (but the boys' 3rd and 6th trips)for a 2 week stay at The Boardwalk the following summer
Discovered Magical Journeys and their awesomeness!
I had just been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I was desperately trying to keep up with my life!
I was driving my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer.
Now several years later

The Right Honourable Steven Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada
Brian and I have just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary
Our boys are 7 and a week shy of 13 (and he's taller than me at 6'2")
We are planning yet another Annual Pass purchase for our August holiday to WDW, but it is so much sweeter with a DVC discount!
We still use Magical Journeys, and they are still awesome!
I still deal with my RA, and I'm still trying to keep up (and am so happy to be doing so!)!
I am still driving my fabulous 2002 Chevy Trailblazer.
Both DH and I are happy to be Moderators of this terrific site!

Lizzy
05-13-2011, 11:17 PM
When I first joined...

..I was first under a diffrent username, but as my first marriage was starting to go sour, I changed it to simply me!

..I had only one son then, and never imagined in a million years that I would have two more children!

..Those dolls were not the rage, they were the enemy.

..My typos became the source of great entertainment (like the Ten Eds)

..We had so many questions we had to begin the just questions thread!

And now, coming up on my 10 year anniversary with Intercot, I like to thank the site for some really great friends I have made here. (Especially Jeanne- love you mommy!) and one of the most memorable fun weekends of my life- the Happiest Gathering back in 2005. My sides hurt for a week at how much I laughed that weekend.

I have only been lurking around here, barely posting the last couple years but I will never leave this site completly. Not only has it gotten me through some intense Disney Planning (as only Disneyfanatics will do) it has gotten me through some of life's hardest moments. Thank you again John for this site and for all the INTERCOTEES for everything you have done for me!

EpcotFan182
05-14-2011, 01:18 AM

- I was 16 years old
- I was a sophomore in high school
- I had been to WDW a total of 3 times
- my youngest brother was a toddler

Now...

- I'm 23 years old
- I'm entering my last year of pharmacy school and will hopefully be a pharmacist a year from now!
- I have a dog, and can't imagine my family without him in it
- I'm going on my NINTH trip to WDW this coming August
- my love for Disney is still going strong and doesn't show signs of fading!

amd780
05-14-2011, 07:46 PM
What a great thread! :)

When I joined in March 2006:
-DH and I had been married for less than a year
-We were planning our first trip to WDW together, which was in January of 2007; I hadn't been since January 2004, and DH's last trip was when he was little.
-Neither of us had been on a Disney cruise
-We were living in CT
-I was working as a preschool teacher
-I had a completely different group of friends

Now:
-DH and I are coming up on our 6th anniversary
-We have been to WDW together 3 times and took our first DCL cruise in March. I think DH now loves Disney (almost) as much as I do! :D
-We live in NC
-I'm working in inside sales
-I have mostly lost touch with the friends I had while living in CT

lovewalt
05-15-2011, 05:48 AM

It was on my DH's 30th birthday in 2002
was a newlywed fresh off my WDW honeymoon
was still on a dial-up modem:call:
was in a completely different career
wasn't yet a Mom
had made 5 trips to WDW and thought I was an "expert" until I found out how much more there was to learn!

NOW
DH and I have had many more "honeymoons" to WDW as we are approaching out 10th wedding anniversary.We are the proud parents of 8 year old Maura,who's birth I announced on INTERCOT and who went to a Meet at WDW as an infant in 2003.I may not post as often as I did way back in the day,but I still lurk and even post trip reports from time to time.:geek:

Oh, and no more dial-up!LOL

DonLefNY
05-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Lets see, when I joined in 2000:

-I had been to WDW 5 times.
-I was looking into buying into DVC.
-My kids were in the 2nd and 3rd grades.
-I had just starting working for my wife in her business after being a full time Stay at Home Dad for 7 years.
-I was driving a big honking pickup truck with a V10 gas engine! :ack:

Now:
-I had been to WDW 39 times and six months ago purchased a 2nd home 25 miles for WDW. I've also now been to DL and have done 2 Disney cruises.
-I just sold a third DVC contract (due to having that nearby home, but still have one more contract)
-My kids are both off in college.
-I'm still working for my wife, she has not fired me yet.
-I drive a little gas sipping Korean car.
-I'm 3 years away from retirement!! :thumbsup:

JPL
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
When I joined Intercot in 1997

- Posts were very difficult to follow since it looked more like a folder sytem
- I was visiting WDW for first time to see the Christmas Decorations.
- I got yelled at by Beth for my first post which broke some sort of rule.
- I was working at MTV Networks
- The internet was something I did at work when I was bored.

Now

- I usually go to WDW in December just about every year.
- I am one of the people looking out for people who break the rules.
- I have been teaching for 10 years my first year was 2001.
- The internet is still something I do at work when I am bored.

DisneyDINK
05-16-2011, 11:07 AM

-it was 2003

-I was 40 pounds heavier.

-I was training for my first marathon.

-I was finishing my night MBA. I joined Intercot to research my second trip as an adult. The trip was a reward for finishing grad school.

-I was working for Amtrak.

-I discovered Magical Journeys. I booked my first trip with them.

-I was searching for the ideal time to go to WDW to avoid crowds, long lines, busy restaurants, etc.

Now...

-I have raced 7 marathons, countless shorter races, both runs and triathlons, and I'm now training for my first Iromman.

-I now work as a portfolio manager/wealth manager.

-I'm still using Debbie at MJ to assist me with my trips.

-I am still searching for the ideal time to go to WDW to avoid crowds, long lines, busy restaurants, etc.

goofy89
05-16-2011, 12:57 PM
When I joined Intercot....

-It was 2005.
-I was 16 years old and a Sophomore in high school.
-I was learning to drive.
-I had no idea what I was going to do with my life.
-I was single.
-My Disney addiction was growing and growing!

NOW...

-I am a couple weeks away from being 22.
-I graduated college with a BA in Early Childhood Education and a BA in Sociology.
-I am newly engaged to my boyfriend of 4 years and we are planning a Disney wedding!
-I am still completely obsessed with Disney World and have luckily found someone who shares the same obsession!

...my a lot has changed! :mickey:

ryca1dreams
05-16-2011, 02:10 PM
When I joined....
- It was a year after 9/11 so I was overworked and depressed. I needed an escape.

- We started our streak of 7 trips to WDW

- Epilepsy, breast cancer, hypoglycemia, etc. had not hit our family yet.

- I still had fond memories of Alice from my high school trip to WDW in 1986 and was hoping she would remember me after all these years. (She seems to have a hard time remembering though)

- Gas was affordable.

meldan98
05-17-2011, 05:02 PM
When I joined Intercot in September 2000...

-I was three months from getting married and I was planning my Grand Plan Honeymoon and Disney Cruise.
-Was getting pressure from my new manager that they couldn't really afford for me to be away from work so I could get married and have a honeymoon even though it had been planned for over a year.
-Lived in an apartment with my fiancee.
-My fiancee had only been to Disneyland.

Now...
-We celebrated our 10th wedding annivesary in December
-We have 2 beautiful little girls and a puppy.
-We bought our first house in 2002, and our 2nd in 2008.
-My oldest started reading Harry Potter last night.
My oldest has been to DisneyWorld once and Disneyland about 10 times and my yougest has been to Disneyland twice.

Where has all of this time gone!

lynnek
05-17-2011, 08:21 PM
When I joined last fall:
I had been lurking for a few months amazed at the amt of info you all had to offer

We hadn't been on a family vacation in a long time other than following me around for business or book signings

I was worried about leaving my business for a week--would business still be there when I got back? Or would the recession and vacation kill it.

I planned the trip myself, all the ADR's and had many sleepless nights hoping I had planned well for 3 very different kids--2, 10,12, one with mild Asperger's

We were thinking this would be our only trip to Disney

Six Months later:

Of course we are returning next fall!

Deb is helping me from Magical Journeys

My business was still here when I got back and thankfully is still allowing us to take a vacation this year

After a heads up from Deb that we could do ADR's in May, I gave the kids and DH a challenge to schedule the week--nice to see everyone else with spread sheets:) And, I was amazed to see what each thought was a definite!

I post when I get the chance, and love reading everyone elses opinions.

I actually know what most of the abbreviations mean!

DisneyDog
05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
When I first joined Intercot....

It was May 1st, 2002

It was my 8th wedding anniversary (I've just celebrated my 17th!)

I was 5 months pregnant with DS8

I was living in Naples, Florida (we have been back in PA for over 6 years now)

I had an annual pass for WDW and got to go every other month (we haven't been back for 3 years now)

My 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgis, lights of my life, were still alive. I miss them every single day.

Boy has my life changed since I first joined Intercot.

BriarRose0708
05-21-2011, 07:37 PM
When I first joined Intercot in 2006 -

* I was 23 finishing my second year in Graduate School and very much single
* Planning my first trip ever, which is why I joined this great site!
* Searching for full time jobs after graduation
* There was a Just Questions thread that I loved to read and eventually started posting in
* I had never met anyone from Intercot before

Now in 2011...
* I am almost 28 and have been working full time in Higher Education for four years
* Am no longer single and hope to plan an October 2012 trip with my bf
* I have been to WDW 5 times
* I have held two full time jobs and moved twice
* There is no more JQ (I still don't really know what happened but I miss you guys)
* I have attended Intercot Meets and have gotten to know so many awesome friends and am looking forward to LMNOP!

Dixie Springs
05-23-2011, 07:07 PM

There was no such thing as 'facebook'

The term "9/11" had no significance

I was actually considering DVC

Microsoft Windows Me was just about to be released

Pixar/Disney only had 2 Toy Stories and a Bug's Life

Probably had not used a Fast Pass yet

Disney's ill-fated 'Dinosaur' hit theaters

SgtTigger
05-23-2011, 07:37 PM
When I joined I was escaping 9-11 TV coverage it was 9-26-2001.
I had learked around here for a while and just had to join.
I was a Sergeant in my Sheriff’s Department as the screen name Sgttigger.
I had only been to Disney World 6 times
I was so new to message boards and had no idea what to ask.

Since I joined
I was around all the time for a long time but I have strayed and am not around nowhere as much as I use to be.
I have been promoted to Lieutenant in my Sheriff’s Department
I lived through Hurricane Katrina and Lost everything.
My wife signed on here (under my name) and told everyone what was happening in our life all the way through the storm and aftermath.
We recovered from the storm and still work for the Sheriff’s Department
We bought 2 room of furniture from the Wilderness Lodge to furnish our house.
I have been promoted to Captain in my Sheriff’s Department
We have been to Disney World 25 more times for a total of 31 times.
We have been on 4 Disney cruises.
I think I need to be around more if I can……
We bought into DVC 2 times..

:cop: :tigger:

sportsguy2315
05-23-2011, 11:29 PM
When I joined Intercot:

I was a freshman in High School
I was an All-State hockey player
The thought of Brett Favre playing for the Vikings was unfounded.
Doing the CP had never crossed my mind.
I was single.
My priorities were getting my homework done and getting a date that weekend.

Now:

Senior in college
Now I get paid as a college hockey analyst
Brett did two years in Purple, and the result was like a crazy night out: Fun at first then wondering what exactly happened in retrospect.
I start the CP in August!
DGF and I have been dating for almost two years.
Now, I have grown up responsibilities like finding a job and keeping a house straight.

darthmacho
05-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Brett did two years in Purple, and the result was like a crazy night out: Fun at first then wondering what exactly happened in retrospect.

Sportsguy, that was funny, and probably true for Vikings fans. :D

Georgesgirl1
05-24-2011, 10:46 AM
I am a more recent Intercotee, but here goes...

When I joined Intercot for the 2nd time (having forgotten my original username and password)...

-I was pregnant with my first child and a cool friend of mine told me that Intercot had a Moms and Moms to be thread with lots of nice people on it.
-I was teaching full time.
- DH and I had been to Disney 7 times together.
- We were planning a trip with my parents and were going to take DH's sister and her husband with us for their first trip to the World.

Now...
- I have two sweet little boys. I am still active on the Moms and Moms to be thread although it is not as active these days. I have made some great friends on that thread, one of who I met up with on our October trip to Disney.
- I am now teaching part time at a church preschool that my boys attend and love having more time with them.
- DH and I have taken 10 trips to WDW together. ODS has been to Disney twice now, and we are planning YDS's first trip for January of 2012.
- We are talking about planning another trip with my SIL and BIL and their DS who is just 6 weeks younger than our YDS. Can't wait to take all the boys together!

Dopey's Girl
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM

I was planning a trip for 13 members of my family. It was my 5th trip, and most of them had never been before. I had never gone with that many people and I was freaking out
I had never heard of Magical Journeys (The HORROR!)
I had only stayed in All Star Music and Sports, and POR
I was 2 years into a job at a new company, struggling to pay bills.
I was in my 20's and my brother was in his teens.
Now

I have been to WDW 22 more times :blush:
i'm never planning another trip for more than 7 (my immediate family). That was no fun, and for a lot of the trip they were annoying.
I will never plan a trip without Wendy and MJ. NEVER!
I have stayed at all the Values, all the Moderates, and a few Deluxe/DVC
I have been with my company nearly 10 years, and have moved up quite a bit. While I will always want to be paid more, they pay me enough that I'm not always worried about money any more.
I'm in my mid 30's, and my brother is married with 2 adorable kids who I can't wait to take to see Mickey!