PDA

View Full Version : less than a month until MAW trip

Stitchahula
05-10-2011, 10:02 AM
We have less than a month until my DS's MAW trip. He wanted to go to Disney for Star Wars weekend and we are. He is such an incredible fan. When we are at the hospital for his transfusions that can last anywhere from 4-6 hours he spends the entire time on the lego Star Wars game. I joke that they could do open heart surgery on him and he would never know. We've never been down for Star Wars weekend so not really sure what to expect but I'm sure anything will make him happy. Another surprise for him that my boys won't know about until the airport is that my sister is going with us. They've been trying to figure out ways to get her to Disney with us, such as putting her in a card board box and painting to look like a suitcase. Everyday so far my 3 year old has been asking if we are going to Disney World today. This will be his first real trip last time he went he was 7 weeks old. My older son the MAW child was 4 last time he went. He's got big plans on showing his little brother Disney.:thumbsup:

princessgirls
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Have a wonderful time! Make A Wish is such a wonderful organization!! They truly do make dreams come true for families!

Enjoy! May you go and make some FANTASTIC memories on this trip!

Julie:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I hope you all have a fantastic trip! I can't wait to hear about how your older son showed his little brother around. It is also very awesome that you will be there for a Star Wars Weekend! I know my boys enjoyed themselves immensely at it last year. Bon Voyage!! :mickey:

disneymom15
05-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Wishing you and your family a magical trip.

jimsgal05
05-10-2011, 11:19 AM
what fun the MAW was ablr to do this ..So know about transfusions lasting 8 hrs with my DD who is now 16... well enjoy and hope he meets Darth Vader and R2-MK!!!! :darth:
we are going too...best magical wishes to AL OF you..and if your are staying at GIVE KIDS THE WORLD..it is amazing!!!!
enjoy!!!

joanna71985
05-10-2011, 01:26 PM
SWW is awesome (especially for fans of the series). I go every year, and love it. The Hoopla is a must-see. And there are many characters out from the movies (my favorites are Anakin, Luke and Leia, and the VIPs in their Star Wars outfits). Just be aware, it's going to be busier then normal this year due to the reopening of Star Tours. I hope you have a great trip! :)

Disney-4-Me
05-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Have a magical vacation. I hope you share your trip through trip reports!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-20-2011, 11:22 PM
My nephew is still trying to come up with ways for me to go. I don't know if he'll even realize it until the plane takes off and I'm still on it. He's young enough that he doesn't know that you have to have a ticket to go through security and get on the plane. I'm just going to tell him that I'm going to take their picture on the plane. Let's see how long it takes!

I know he (and his little brother) are going to have a ball; I just hope his energy level is up for it!

Cinderelley
05-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Have a great trip you guys :D Let us know how the story unfolds.

merlinmagic4
05-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Have a wonderful trip!! It will be amazing :) Don't worry about it being busy because they give you the royal treatment - you won't wait for anything!! Are you staying at Give Kids the World?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Kelly, we are staying at gktw. I hear it,s wonderful.

crazypoohbear
05-29-2011, 09:17 PM
they are so pumped to go. I had a heart to heart talk with the 3 year old that the NUMBER 1 rule at disney is you have to listen to mom and Dad!
I also bought them each giant pens for the autographs.
And I told them they had to eat fries and cheese sauce at Peco's bills and think of us.
William will have such a great time and Justin will be amazed.
And everyone there will know Justins name :blush:

merlinmagic4
05-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Kelly, we are staying at gktw. I hear it,s wonderful.

It truly is wonderful!! I am so happy you will all experience it. Please let us know all about it when you get back!! :party:

ElenitaB
05-30-2011, 03:12 PM
I've heard such wonderful things about GKTW. :thumbsup:

Here's wishing you a magical trip filled with pixie dust and midichlorians! :yoda:

Stitchahula
05-30-2011, 07:04 PM
We now have less than 48 hours before we go. The boys still have no idea their auntie is going with us. My littlest one is walking around with his carry on, he's ready to leave now! The more I hear about GKTW the more impressed I am. I have to admit I was not looking forward to staying there, I wanted to stay on property (I've never stayed anywhere else but on property). I'm just a little worried about the little one on the plane, sitting still for 5 minutes is like pulling teeth so I can only imagine what 3 hours are going to be like. They are so excited, I'm surprised if they are going to be able to sleep the next couple of nights.:)

faline
05-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Enjoy!

RedSoxFan
05-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Have a wonderful trip.:mickey:

Cinderelley
05-30-2011, 09:56 PM
They are so excited, I'm surprised if they are going to be able to sleep the next couple of nights.:)

I'll be surprised if they are the only ones who are excited and having trouble sleeping.
:D

wildernesslady
05-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Have a wonderful time. My friend stayed at GKTW village and loved it.

Stitchahula
05-31-2011, 10:07 AM
cinderelley you're right Payroll Princess will be too excited to sleep too:D. My DH got me a new memory card for my camera that holds something like 4000 photos....I wonder if that will be enough:blush:

magicalmom
05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Cinderelley
06-02-2011, 09:53 PM
cinderelley you're right Payroll Princess will be too excited to sleep too:D. My DH got me a new memory card for my camera that holds something like 4000 photos....I wonder if that will be enough:blush:

It wouldn't be enough for me. lol :D

crazypoohbear
06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Spoke with them briefly yesterday. William is having a great time, he did his Jedi training yesterday! then off to Epcot to do the Kim possible treasure hunt.
He loved the GKTW at check in he got presents, he even shared with is brother! He has a giant cacusie in his bathtub.
He remembered my rules for him when he is down there.
1) have Ice cream for breakfast at least once.
2) have cheese and fries at Peco's bills. and think of his two big cousins who love Peco's bills!
3)Bring me back Mickeys autograph!

joanna71985
06-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Glad they are having fun so far! :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-11-2011, 10:01 PM
We had a ball! GKTW is an amazing place. It truly is all about the kids. The volunteers are fantastic.

We told the kids I was riding in the limo to take pix of them on the plane. They didn't realize I needed a tix to get thru security. I said maybe I could just stay on the plane and no one will notice? The little one asked about 1/2 way thru the flight if I was going with them. I replied that it looked that way. William was mad when he found out it was planned all along. He said it wasn't nice to keep secrets from him. But overall they were happy with how it worked out.

We did get the royal treatment. The kids didn't have to wait for meet & greets either. They got to go right to the front of the line. Seaworld, Universal and Disney all treated William (and Justin) like the prince that he (they) are. The kids & us got to go on a lot of the rides multiple times because of the GAC that he got for all 3 places.

The weather was hot & William looked worn out by the time we got home but I think a good time was had by all.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-11-2011, 10:05 PM
There were also some Magical Moments. Like when we went to see Jedi Mickey and R2MK. They had the kids wait until they were ready to switch those 2 with Jedi Goofy, so they got to spend quality time with all 3 of them at once!

And when riding on Peter Pan, they said they'd send us right through again without us having to get out first.

And due to having the GAC, we'd get off a ride and go right back on again via the fast pass entry. Went on Toy Story Mania about 4 times with literally no wait. Same for Buzz Light year and Big Thunder. It was truly the trip of a life time and I'm very glad I got to be part of it.

William was already asking about going back again. I told him that they are all more than welcome to come anytime they want for my time share week!! While it's not on property, it's only about 1 mile off property. And the best part is that it falls in March so it's more bearable weatherwise!!

merlinmagic4
06-12-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm so glad he (and all of you) had a great trip!!! It was our MAW trip that made me fall in love with Disney and that was when we purchased a timeshare (on ebay) at Sheraton Vistana Resort so we could go back every year!!! It truly is an amazing experience :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-19-2011, 12:52 AM
William and his little brother and Dad are all also saying they want to do ToT again. When we first got home, they wanted nothing to do with going on it again! I had to laugh. I think they take after their auntie Kat and are true Disney fanatics now. I love when the magic works.