PDA

View Full Version : Ohana time ?

gerald72
05-10-2011, 07:21 AM
A friend of mine is taking his family on their first WDW trip after Thanksgiving.*
On a day that Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm, he would like to eat dinner at Ohana at the Polynesian.
He would like to maximize his park time, see wishes, and also eat at Ohana. *Should he:

A) watch Wishes from Magic Kingdom and afterwards leave with the masses and head to the Polynesian and Ohana

B) watch Wishes from the Polynesian after eating at Ohana

C) watch wishes from the poly before dinner

D) eat at Ohana during wishes*

E) other (ideas?)

TheDuckRocks
05-10-2011, 09:02 AM
More than likely the reason MK will be closing at 7 PM that evening would be because of a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and there will not be a Wishes viewing.

brivers222
05-10-2011, 10:23 AM
There will be a "Holiday Wishes Fireworks: 9:30 PM"

if its anything close to MNSSHP's wishes... it will be amazing!

So he could go to MK, then eat at Ohana then watch the special wishes from the beach

A Big Kid
05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
My experience with Ohana is that if you get an ADR after about 6:30, be prepared to wait until at least 30 minutes after you scheduled time even if you show up early. I have also found that the later your ADR's, the drier the meat.

gerald72
05-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks. I forgot about the party.

Scar
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I have also found that the later your ADR's, the drier the meat.Interesting. My one and only experience at 'Ohana's was bad, and pretty much only because the meat was dry. Now that I think about it, it was a late ADR.

I could never figure out why so many people raved about it. Might have to give it another try.

LisaP
05-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Just ate there 2 weeks ago for the first time and LOVED it! Great atmosphere and excellent food!

My suggestion would be to get an earlier ADR and catch Wishes on the beach at Poly. It may avoid the alleged "dry meat" issues :D

A Big Kid
05-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Interesting. My one and only experience at 'Ohana's was bad, and pretty much only because the meat was dry. Now that I think about it, it was a late ADR.

I could never figure out why so many people raved about it. Might have to give it another try.

Yes. My wife and I were about to give up on ohana until our last trip in january. After running the marathon, we planned a light lunch and then ADR's at the first seating at 5:00. We were seated promptly and the meat was never jucier. We easily got a window seat and the bread, salad, appetizers and main course were nicely spread out. Luckily we were both pooped from the day's activities and waddled back to our room at the poly. If u plan on heading back out to the parks stuffed to the gills, an early ADR might prove to be troublesome.

brivers222
05-11-2011, 10:20 AM
My experience with Ohana is that if you get an ADR after about 6:30, be prepared to wait until at least 30 minutes after you scheduled time even if you show up early. I have also found that the later your ADR's, the drier the meat.

I am totally going to be ADR-ing an earlier time then... check-in is at 3 so we could be eating by 5pm

firefan43
05-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Ohana is one of the places I eat at every trip...for the last 15 or so years. The food has always been excellent.

As far as Wishes goes, Ive found that if you havent seen wishes, you should watch it from the park first...nothing beats watching it from in front of the castle.