PDA

View Full Version : DVC Aulani Webcast

caryrae
05-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I got an e-mail a couple days ago for a webcast from DVC for,

EXPLORE A NEW DISNEY RESORT, AULANI

Join TV travel guru Samantha Brown on location to get a sneak peek of the unexpected wonders Disney is creating for the entire family at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i. Plus, learn about exclusive Disney Vacation ClubŪ offers only available through this webcast

and YOU RECEIVE A DISNEY CHARACTER LITHOGRAPH JUST FOR WATCHING

Anyone else get this e-mail, it sounds kinda neat even though they are just trying to sell to you. I signed up for the May 21st webcast.

mouseketeer mom
05-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I got it. I haven't signed up yet, but I certainly will!

DizneyRox
05-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Free is always good...

The last one I got was actually pretty nice. It's in the pile to get a frame for.

VWL Mom
05-10-2011, 07:29 AM
I signed up for it and actually am looking forward to Samantha Brown. Got a litho of the castle from the last one, hope this one is as nice.

MinnieMommie
05-11-2011, 07:47 AM
We're signed up for next week. Samantha has a fun approach to her shows so I am looking forward to this. I agree with DisneyRox and VWL Mom that the previous lithographs have been pretty nice. :mickey:

caryrae
05-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Ended up watching the webcast just now and it looks like an awesome place to stay. The outside area looks really fun. To bad I don't think I would even be able afford the airfare to get to Hawaii let alone stay at Aulani but it was still fun to watch the webcast.

Bethis26fan
05-17-2011, 03:02 PM
I watched it to day as well. It does look like a nice place, but I agree I don't think I will every have the money to stay there.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
05-18-2011, 10:55 PM
I watched it as well. Incredible! I must get there.

buzznwoodysmom
05-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm scheduled to watch on Friday. I can't wait to see it. Both my husband and I, as well as our kids, have always wanted to travel to Hawaii. Now with another reason (the Disney resort) maybe we can make that dream a reality!

mouseketeer mom
05-22-2011, 09:08 AM
What did everyone think of the webcast? I enjoyed it, but didn't feel like I saw all that much.
Believe me, though...I cannot wait to get there one day!!

buzznwoodysmom
05-22-2011, 09:50 AM
What did everyone think of the webcast? I enjoyed it, but didn't feel like I saw all that much.
Believe me, though...I cannot wait to get there one day!!

Lisa,
I agree. It felt like tiny bits and pieces were all that I saw. I was hoping the interior would have been more complete and able to be shown during the webcast. Like the lobby, or the restaurants. I guess we'll all have to wait till the resort is open to see more.

DizneyRox
05-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I learned nothing, except I thought is was harder to make the rockwork and it appears even a caveman could do it!

Hopefully the artwork is nice so I wont be totally let down...

MinnieMommie
05-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I have to agree that they were sparse with details. Not only did they show very little of the interiors but I at least did not get a good idea of how everything will connect (interior spaces to interior spaces and to exterior spaces). I am sure it will be beautiful but I will need to see and learn more before going that distance. O'AHU is a beautiful island but I'm not sure I would visit again via DVC.

DizneyRox
06-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Hopefully the artwork is nice so I wont be totally let down...
So, what does everyone think of the lithograph?

Unsolicited, I showed it to my wife, and she said, "That's cute, it will go good in the bathroom."

It's a little plain, I was expecting more, but you can't go wrong with Mickey, Donald and Goofy... Just surfin a wave though, they could have done a little more I think.

caryrae
06-12-2011, 09:11 AM
I haven't received the lithograph yet.

Bethis26fan
06-12-2011, 09:58 AM
I haven't received the lithograph yet.

Same here

MinnieMommie
06-12-2011, 11:30 AM
So, what does everyone think of the lithograph?

Unsolicited, I showed it to my wife, and she said, "That's cute, it will go good in the bathroom."

It's a little plain, I was expecting more, but you can't go wrong with Mickey, Donald and Goofy... Just surfin a wave though, they could have done a little more I think.

I agree that it is cute and think it is good quality. I think it will look nice framed. :mickey:

shellyc
06-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Received mine yesterday in NJ. It's cute.

caryrae
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Is there an e-mail address I could use to see if I am getting mine? I got the e-mail after watching the show the 1st day saying the lithograph is on it's way but still haven't received yet.