PDA

View Full Version : Viewing parade and fireworks outside MK?

Snow's Mom
05-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm planning a "grand gathering" of sorts with 11 in all (3 small children). We're going to see Illuminations the last night of our stay. Not sure I can work Wishes into our schedule, though. We would be out too late, battling crowds, have to get up early the next day, etc.

Can we watch from outside the park and save time? I read that the beach at the Poly is nice, but is it crowded? Would it gain us anything, since we'd have to catch the monorail back to MK to get a bus? I don't want to deal with exhausted people the next morning.

buzznwoodysmom
05-08-2011, 10:19 PM
It wouldn't make sense to leave MK to watch Wishes from the Polynesian, then have to take the monorail back to MK to take a bus back to your home resort. You'd be better off, and have a better experience of it by just watching it from the park then exiting to the bus stop. Plus there is no place to see the parade from outside the park, not that I'm aware of anyway.

Mickey91
05-10-2011, 08:29 AM
You would be much later by leaving the park as you would still get behind those who stayed in the park when you reach the bus line. Anyhow, the fireworks are a lot of times before the park closes. In the summer, there is usually a second showing of the parade. I would suggest getting a good spot near the train station to watch the first parade and stay for the fireworks. Then exit to the left of the train station and on out to the buses.:mickey: