PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century - Sleeping Arrangements for 5

YatesMom
05-06-2011, 11:10 PM
First stay at Pop. DH, myself, DDs ages 8, 5 and almost 2. 2 year old is just about the exact length of PNP provided by resort. I've read the room is small. Anyone have any advice on sleeping arrangements? Thinking of bypassing PNP and trying 8yo, 2yo and myself in one bed and DH and 5 year old in the other. Considered renting full sized crib (still in crib at home) but know space is tight. Just not sure she'll get good sleep in the PNP. Anyone else stayed in one room at POP with 3 little ones and have advice? Thanks!! :confused:

BrerGnat
05-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Buy a Toddler Aerobed. You can find it easily on Amazon. It's about $60 and works great for kids! We got one when our son was 2. He was a big toddler and our other son won't share a bed with anyone. We've used it many times in hotels. It's great. Smaller than a twin air mattress but with raised sides so a toddler can't fall off. You'd be able to fit it on the floor at Pop.

wdwfan
05-07-2011, 01:57 PM
The room are small and have double beds. I think trying to fit 3 of you in one might be to much, especially if any one moves around a lot in their sleep. I'd either use PnP or do as pp suggested. Just move the table & chairs and either will fit.

brownie
05-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Thinking of bypassing PNP and trying 8yo, 2yo and myself in one bed

I would not do this if you want to be able to sleep. They are double beds and it would be a tight fit.

magicofdisney
05-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I was going to suggest a twin air mattress. We use one all the time in the value rooms (moving the table and chairs). However, I was unaware of the toddler aerobed. That sounds ideal if your little one will sleep on an air mattress. New-fangled technology is awesome. :thumbsup:

YatesMom
05-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the advice. We've decided to go with the Aerobed for Kids. FYI...on Amazon they're $69, but found the exact same one at Walmart.com for $38. :thumbsup:
For those that have used the Aerobed for Kids (or similar), did you check it on a flight or was it small enough that you carried it on? I have reservations about checking it because of the pump that comes along with it, but wonder how it would go through security having a pump too. Any ideas?? THANKS!!! :mickey:

Belster
05-09-2011, 09:47 AM
We have traveled with 5 to the Pop three times. We always have our little guy in the Pack n Play set up by the window. The new room refurbishments have made a little more space in that area. It works out great!

BrerGnat
05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the advice. We've decided to go with the Aerobed for Kids. FYI...on Amazon they're $69, but found the exact same one at Walmart.com for $38. :thumbsup:
For those that have used the Aerobed for Kids (or similar), did you check it on a flight or was it small enough that you carried it on? I have reservations about checking it because of the pump that comes along with it, but wonder how it would go through security having a pump too. Any ideas?? THANKS!!! :mickey:

We've carried it on a flight before. It fits perfectly in those kid sized rolling duffel bags you can find at Target/Walmart. Or, it will also fit really easily in a standard carryon suitcase. Bonus there is that you can add your child's favorite "blankie" or any stuffed animals the kid likes to sleep with. The pump is a non issue if you carry it on. It's no different than having a hairdryer or something like that.