PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grille ou The Wave???

thesplashmountaineer
05-05-2011, 10:33 AM
on every trip, we like to try new restaurants.

I would like to know what you think of captain's Grille and The Wave and which one you think is the best.
thanks guys.

laprana
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I've eaten at both and enjoyed each one very much. I think Captain's Grille might edge out the Wave for me just a little bit because they have crab legs, and I love crab legs! :D But both have nice, relaxed atmospheres and great food. The Wave has a kind of eco-friendly, sustainable theme and some different types of items on the menu to go along with that. In fact, I think their menu changes quite frequently according to what seasonal items are available. Captain's Grille has more standard fare, like N.Y. strip steak, ribeye, pasta, etc., but everyone in my group really liked their food when we ate there. You can't go wrong with either restaurant! :thumbsup:

missymouseworld
05-05-2011, 12:11 PM
On our last trip we had dinner and breakfast at the Captain's Grille. Dinner was really good and the atmosphere was nice. However, we really enjoyed their breakfast buffet. It had alot of options and if you didn't want the buffet, you could order off the menu.

BrerGnat
05-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I also enjoyed breakfast at Captain's Grille. Their dinner menu also looked very good. I'd not hesitate to go back there for any meal. I really like the atmosphere in there.

I've read mixed reviews of the Wave. Although, it seems like a place I'd like to try as well.

HackLaSalle
05-05-2011, 03:31 PM
I think I'd go with convience.

The Wave (which I'm a huge fan of!) is at the Contemporary. It's right off the monorail. You can have dinner and head out to Epcot or MK real quick.

Captain's Grille being all the way over at the Yacht Club requires a little more work to get to and leaves you a little further from a park if you wanted to go to one after dinner.

I can't speak on the food at Captain's Grille but I can on The Wave and it's fantastic. It's a very fresh menu like others have said it changes frequently. Their dessert trios were a lot of fun as well. I just was completely impressed by The Wave.

Scar
05-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I think I'd go with convience.

The Wave (which I'm a huge fan of!) is at the Contemporary. It's right off the monorail. You can have dinner and head out to Epcot or MK real quick.

Captain's Grille being all the way over at the Yacht Club requires a little more work to get to and leaves you a little further from a park if you wanted to go to one after dinner. No, not necessarily. It totally depends on where one is staying/coming from/going to.

laprana
05-05-2011, 04:34 PM
No, not necessarily. It totally depends on where one is staying/coming from/going to.

I agree, the Yacht Club is close to both Epcot and DHS, so Captain's Grille would be a good choice if you're coming/going from either of those parks.

MinnieMommie
05-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Only had one experience at The Wave and did not care for it (but will try again at some point...from what I hear it improves all the time). Like Captain's Grill very much. Have been there for breakfast and dinner. You might like to check out the menus and maybe that will help you decide. :mickey: