PDA

View Full Version : Anything new at the parks since 08?

Zeike
05-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi! our last vacation was in may 2008. We are ready to get back in 2011 and are wondering if there is anything new to look out for in the parks, rides, etc?. Thanks!

KylesMom
05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
At MK, Space Mountain refurbishment & interactive queue is complete and new queues for Winnie the Pooh & Haunted Mansion have been added. President Obama has been added to Hall of Presidents. Tomorrowland Transit Authority (TTA) has a new soundtrack & a new name - Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. They have brought back Main Street Electric Parade, but Wishes is essentially the same. There is a new castle projection show called The Magic, The Memories and You in the evening.

At DHS, was Toy Story Mania open for your last trip? This has been one of the more popular additions in years to Disney World. I believe American Idol opened in 2009 - they hold auditions throughout the day with a final show in the late afternoon/early evening. As well, the new Star Tours 2.0 is slated to open on May 20th. :mickey:

Zeike
05-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Sounds good!! the new Toy Story ride is a most do for our kids....can't wait!!

Disney-4-Me
05-06-2011, 06:24 PM
We loved Toy Story. Just plan to wait a long time in line. Luckily the queue area is entertaining.:thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
05-07-2011, 02:55 AM
we really enjoyed the new space mountain and the interactive queue, I do miss the soundtrack from the tta but, the magic, memories, and you is a great show. Makes me want to be there all the time!

DAWS
05-14-2011, 12:13 AM
You know, we go quite often, so new attractions kind of run together.

I definitely second Toy Story Mania - it is great for all ages. My 85-year-old mother loved it!

The Kim Possible Mission in Epcot is fun, if you haven't done it yet.

The Block Party Bash "parade" In Hollywood Studios is really fun and lively.

There are also several new restaurants to try...

ryca1dreams
05-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Is the "star tunnel" music still playing at SM?