PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Steakhouse

cmshelton1979
05-05-2011, 09:43 AM
I have ADRs here tomorrow. Its our first place we are eating there. Any suggestions for a non seafood eater??

My main question is getting there from Pop Century. Is it best to just take a bus from Pop to Epcot? How far of a walk is it from Epcot?

buzznwoodysmom
05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
DH and I ate here for our 10 year wedding anniversary celebration. The food was excellent, as was the service.

Being that it is a steakhouse I'd recommend a steak for any non seafood eaters.

Taking a bus to Epcot then walking is only an option if you are OK with using a day off your ticket (and have hoppers if you've already visited a different park that day). To walk from Epcot to the resort you have to go through the International Gatway back in World Showcase, unless there is another way to walk there that I'm not aware of. I think your best option would be to take a cab. It'll run around $20, including tip, but to me its well worth the cost. Otherwise you can take a bus from your resort to DTD or any of the parks, then transfer to a bus to YC.

DisneyDoug2
05-05-2011, 10:45 AM
We have eaten here twice and the steaks are great! A second way to get here is to take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then go down to the boat landing and take the ferry to the Yachtsmen hotel and wall from there. We did that this year and it took about 15 min by boat from HS and its pleasant trip. The best thing is you don’t have to burn a park ticket!

Tygger7
05-05-2011, 01:08 PM
We ate there for the first time in May 2010 and the food was FANTASTIC. I highly recommend the NY Strip...dry aged and cooked to perfection. A note of warning though: allow at least an hour to get there. We waited on a bus to DHS and were going to take the boat over, but the boats only run about every 25 minutes because that's how long it takes them to do a complete circuit. We just missed the boat and had to catch another bus from DHS to the Yacht Club. If I had it to do over, I'd take the first bus from my resort to one of the parks or DtD. Then, catch another bus to Yacht Club. Or, you can take a cab....just allow plenty of time.

Checkers
05-05-2011, 02:39 PM
:mickey:Have eaten at Yachtsman many times and the steak is fantastic! When taking WDW transportation to an ADR it is always best to allow plenty of time to reach your destination. Imho, it would be best to take the bus to DHS and then the boat to the Yacht Club. The boats run on a 20 min. cycle and usually takes about 20 min. to reach your hotel destination (longer if you are going through to Epcot). I would allow at least 1 1/2 hrs. from POP and if you are lucky and make the connections right away, you can always visit the YC gift shop which is very very nice. Enjoy!