PDA

View Full Version : leftover meals

luvinhsv
05-05-2011, 09:24 AM
At the end of our stay, my wife will have 2 days of leftover meals (she will be joining us 2 days into our vacation because of a previous engagement) but we had to purchase the 7 day plan for her too.

Is there anything we can do with those "points"?

Thanks.

SuzieBell
05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
What about a couple Signature Restaurants where they require 2 points per meal.

MW1218
05-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Your value won't be as good, but you can convert table service to quick service, so grab some Earl of Sandwich for the trip home.

The Signature dining is a good idea, or is there room for you to schedule a few extra single credit table service meals?

bcornette
05-05-2011, 10:21 AM
you buy some random couple lunch. When we have counter service leftover, we lurk the register trying to find someone that is paying for food with cash or credit. Then we just tell them to grab a dessert and we pick up the bill.

I know this is technically against the rules of the dining plan, but I don't think trying to be nice should be against the rules. And it helps make thier day a little more magical. Plus I think my kids need to know that helping other people is the right thing to do rather than over eat or be wasteful.

wdwaggie
05-05-2011, 11:24 AM
you buy some random couple lunch. When we have counter service leftover, we lurk the register trying to find someone that is paying for food with cash or credit. Then we just tell them to grab a dessert and we pick up the bill.

I know this is technically against the rules of the dining plan, but I don't think trying to be nice should be against the rules. And it helps make thier day a little more magical. Plus I think my kids need to know that helping other people is the right thing to do rather than over eat or be wasteful.

Wow, good to see I'm not the last person on Earth trying to still do random acts of kindness and teach my kid's how to be better people. GREAT EXAMPLE!!!

brivers222
05-05-2011, 11:38 AM

We did this last time i was there with the dining plan ('06 i beleive)

We had a billion left over snacks and was trying to figure out how to use them up the last day. We we bought like 10 pops for the ride home and still had 8 credits left over. So we went up to an ice cream cart in front of ToT... the family in front of us was having a little "arguement" because of the prices of the items the kids wanted... saying that they have to save some money for Mickey ears later. Well noticing that what they wanted added up to 8 credits i quickly went up to the dad and said... here, get what you want your money is not needed here :)

They were forever grateful... although it did take a bit of convincing them it wasnt a scam lol

this year i expect to have the same situation being on the DlxDP... we shall see how that goes lol

luvinhsv
05-05-2011, 04:03 PM
We are doing Cinderella's breakfast at the castle and the Hood-dee-doo musical review. So technically, in our 7 nights, we only have enough points for 5 table-service meals.

mgmnut
05-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I think I read a post on here before that you could convert 1 CS meal credit into multiple snack credits. Does anyone know if this is true?

I am not sure if you would get the full value of the CS meal credit this way but you could use the extra snacks to get cold drinks on a hot day. What does a bottle of water in the parks cost these days 3.50?

Janmac
05-07-2011, 11:29 PM
To clarify, the extra dining "points" (Disney calls them vouchers I think) are not actually credited to your wife. You don't say who all is in your group, but if there are 2 adults and perhaps a child under 10 - AND you have the 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack plan - your group will have 14 vouchers for adult table service and 7 vouchers for child table service, as well as 14 vouchers for adult quick (counter) service, 7 child quick service and 21 snack vouchers. These vouchers pretty much exist in electronic land.

If no child menu is offered at the place you're eating, your child can order whatever. But if there is a children's menu, the child must choose from that menu (sometimes a problem for 9 yr olds).

You are not limited to one table service per day, etc. You can each use a table service each for a breakfast at Crystal Palace, another table service for lunch at Whispering Canyon over at Wilderness Lodge and then two table services each for supper at California Grill at the Contemporary. All in one day. But then you'd have used more than half your table service vouchers and still have 6 days to go.

We also use counter service vouchers either to take sandwiches with us on the drive home, or to feed a hungry teen who wants another hamburger at 10 pm. He also helped use up snack vouchers getting extras at lunches. (His favorite - Yak & Yeti counter service)

You buy the dining vouchers by the day and person, but you are not limited to using them by the day and person except for the difference between adult and child vouchers.

Your receipts should have a line at the bottom that shows how many of each voucher you have remaining.

We also like to use our snack vouchers for water.

Good luck and enjoy

Jan

bcornette
05-12-2011, 08:33 AM
You can convert 1 CS to 3 or 4 snacks, I think it's 3.
We have done this at the resort as we were leaving once. I think they convert the dessert and meal into 1 snack each.

Dream'nDisney
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM
You can convert 1 CS to 3 or 4 snacks, I think it's 3.
We have done this at the resort as we were leaving once. I think they convert the dessert and meal into 1 snack each.

That is good to know! Thanks.

Kairi_7378
05-14-2011, 12:35 PM
I would add a signature TS meal to your reservations.