PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic at DL

clausjo
05-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Is the show the same as the one at HS? :smickey:

LuvsTigger80
05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
It is not the same....if you are coming to Disneyland...i highly recommend you seeing our Fantasmic! :number1: When we do go to Disneyworld we will not watch the one at DHS!

Disneyland's Fantasmic is on our Rivers of America and the show uses the Mark Twain and Columbia in the show...plus they also use Tom Sawyers Island. It is awesome.

Just a side note...if you do plan on watching the show....be sure to bring a blanket and have someone sit at around 5ish. There are no benches or seats...:mickey:

BrerGnat
05-04-2011, 03:15 PM
It is not the same....if you are coming to Disneyland...i highly recommend you seeing our Fantasmic! :number1: When we do go to Disneyworld we will not watch the one at DHS!

Disneyland's Fantasmic is on our Rivers of America and the show uses the Mark Twain and Columbia in the show...plus they also use Tom Sawyers Island. It is awesome.

Just a side note...if you do plan on watching the show....be sure to bring a blanket and have someone sit at around 5ish. There are no benches or seats...:mickey:

Agree with all of this, except the parking down at 5pm thing. NOT NECESSARY. I've seen this show from excellent vantage points showing up 15 min early. There are many great places to see from. My tip is watch the second show, but don't try to also watch the fireworks the same night! While everyone is watching the fireworks, go find a spot for the second Fantasmic!

Sylvia
05-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I've seen Fantasmic at both parks - my first time was at DL during the second season, and I absolutely loved it. I resisted seeing the show in WDW for many years, mainly because I had already seen it, but also because I didn't want to stand in line for an hour or two just to get into the theater. I finally gave in a couple of years ago during Resort Guests' EMH, when I was able to walk right in.

After seeing both shows, I have to say that I prefer the show at DL. There's something very magical about finding a spot around the Rivers of America. And, I agree that it's not necessary to "stake your claim" to a spot so early. I've always been able to find a great spot to stand even when it was very close to showtime.

amcsherr
05-12-2011, 12:09 PM
My only advice is the same as above, stake out a spot EARLY, the castmembers will not let anyone stand outside the roped area, so if you don/t have a spot they won't let passerbys stop and stare.

NewDVCowner
05-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I disagree about getting there early. I've gotten a very good spot just coming in after the first show is letting out and sitting down, though to be honest I don't know how early I got there for the second show.