PDA

View Full Version : Hess Station Near Boardwalk?

BrerGnat
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I've seen mention of "the Hess station by the Boardwalk" where people sometimes go to grab some snacks/drinks for during their stay.

Couple questions:

1. Where exactly is this Hess station? Can you walk there easily from the Boardwalk?

2. Are food items here cheaper than their counterparts at Disney? Is it worth it to walk over here?

I'll be staying at Boardwalk and would like to have some Diet Pepsi to keep in my room fridge. Some beer would also be nice...if they carry anything beyond mainstream Bud, Miller, and Coors...

Melanie
05-03-2011, 05:51 PM
I think you could easily walk there from the BoardWalk. It's right on the corner at the main road, opposite side of the street from BW.

As for it's offerings, I'm can't help you on that.

Dream'nDisney
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
We stopped there to top off the gas tank in our rental car before returning it to the Dolphin Hotel last year. I went in to pay and to look for microwave popcorn, which they did not have. But they did have a bag of Hostess Donettes for $2.99 which is the same price here at home. If I remember correctly, they have most of what you would normally see at a gas station (i.e. beer, soda, cigarettes), but I didn't price anything else.

CanadianWDWFan
05-03-2011, 08:09 PM
You can easily walk there from the Boardwalk. For prices, they sure beat what the resort offers. Plus their gas is usually cheaper then anywhere around WDW. We almost always visit this Hess before we check in or shortly thereafter.

NH Disneyfan
05-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I just looked this up on google maps and could use street view to see the sign for the Hess station. Gas was $1.59 when they took the pics. I guess the price is pretty good! LOL :thumbsup:

Scar
05-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Definitely worth it to take the quick walk. :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
The walk is very quick. It is closer of a walk that Studios. The beer is significantly less than at the general store at the Boardwalk.

princessgirls
05-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Natalie,

The Hess has some good offerings. Milk, Cereal, beers (a few varieties...we purchased the Corona's:beer:) wines, all kinds of soft drinks, waters, drinks, etc. snacks, munchies...

Prices were what you would expect, but not what they are in the resorts. I think you'd be smart to take a walk over there!!

Julie:mickey:

brivers222
05-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I just looked this up on google maps and could use street view to see the sign for the Hess station. Gas was $1.59 when they took the pics. I guess the price is pretty good! LOL :thumbsup:

lol definitely can tell its located near fantasyland... hehe

BrerGnat
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! I think we'll definitely walk over there when we arrive!

Dream'nDisney
05-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know what the hours are for this Hess Station?

brivers222
05-05-2011, 01:49 PM
we went to it on our way home the last night after MK closed at midnight...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
I might be wrong but I think they only carried Coke products when my friend checked to see if they had Pepsi for me.

BrerGnat
05-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I might be wrong but I think they only carried Coke products when my friend checked to see if they had Pepsi for me.

Really? That would stink. But, I'm okay with Diet Coke too. Really just need that little bit of caffeine every day, and I'd rather NOT pay $3.50 a bottle... :rolleyes:

NH Disneyfan
05-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Why do we all complain about the price of gas, when soda made from sugar (a renewable resource) costs $3.50 for less than a gallon...much less?

Anyway....I believe the Hess stations on Disney property are 24 hours. They're always open when I've gone by.

CanadianWDWFan
05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Even though I an a Coke guy, I have bought Dr. Pepper there as well as other Pepsi products. As I said before the prices are a heck of a lot better than what Disney will sell you it to you for.