PDA

View Full Version : May 7 - May 14 our trip

Diznut
05-03-2011, 03:23 PM
So the real count down is on. Feels so good to say "we leave Saturday" instead of 4 weeks from Saturday, or 2 weeks from Saturday.

We are not newbies but am always interested in hearing from others. Here is our itinerary based on statistical crowd levels and avoiding EMH:

Saturday - arrive; Epcot PM
Sunday - Animal Kingdom
Monday - Disney Studios
Tuesday - Magic Kingdom
Wednesday - Magic Kingdom
Thursday - Epcot
Friday - ?????
Saturday - early flight home

We've got a 3 yo and 6 yo. So our plan is to start the day early and get out of the parks by 3pm opting for downtown Disney or hotel pool. We've got the quick service meal plan so no reserations.

Thoughts???

BluewaterBrad
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Sounds really good to me!! Have fun!!:mickey:

Ilovemesomedisneymom
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Have fun. We will be there at that time. We are leaving Sunday early early morning.

Sunday - afternoon -Downtown DIsney, evening-Epcot
Monday - MK - Crystal Palace breakfast
Tuesday - DHS - SciFi for dinner
Wednesday - AK - Rain Forest Cafe - dinner
Thursday - DHS and MK - dinner at Hollywood and Vine
Friday - a little bit of everything, plus Downtown Disney. Late flight out 9:30 pm

Want to go for longer time but DS 21 is in a musical and his last show is Saturday at 7:30 pm. Coming back a day early because my DS and his friends are the Wizard of Oz characters at Indy Kids Fest for the 500.

But we will have a great time and started planning out trip already for next year.

:mickey:

AllDisney
05-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Have a great time:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
We are from CT also but leave Fri late afternoon and are coming home on the late Sat flight out of Bradley. I hope we have nice warm weather :cloud9:

minnie-mouse
05-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a great plan. You might want to try a water park and Downtown Disney Friday if you are looking for something else to do. Have fun!

Ramblingman
05-06-2011, 11:54 AM
You have the EMH worked out so that you avoid them, as you said you wanted. We like to take advantage of them but understand you want to avoid crowds.

Let us know if it works out as you planned. I've never considered avoiding EMH times.

Diznut
05-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes, we like to avoid EMH because those parks tend to be more crowded. We are never up early enough or can stay up late enough to take advantage of them anyway. We have the basic park pass (no hopper) since we have small kids and are not staying on the monorail.

We did the same week last year with the same plan and it worked out really good. This particular week is less crowded then other spring weeks which is why we chose it.

We thought about a water park and still might consider it. But at the moment it's not in the budget and the grandparents are coming along and one of them doesn't swim. So I don't want to leave her out. But thank you for the suggestion. I'm thinking we'll just take a vote at the end of the week which park everyone would like to return to.